15 months post-op, ovaries need to come out | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

15 months post-op, ovaries need to come out 15 months post-op, ovaries need to come out

Unread 08-17-2004, 05:18 PM
15 months post-op, ovaries need to come out

May 1st was my one year anniversary, however in January I had a large mass growing on my right ovary so my Doc put me on birth control pills, checked again in 3 weeks and it was shrinking and the pain had subsided. Two weeks ago the pain started and it's the same pain but worse. Seen my Doc today and he is scheduling surgery for me in 3 weeks. He said 2-3 days in the hospital and 4-6 weeks recovery! I am so depressed, once was enough for me. Anyone else gone through the same thing? Help.

Budlee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2004, 06:59 PM

I'm so sorry Budlee - I'm 14 weeks post op darn granulation and pain in my right side still, hope it's not the dear ovary.

Hopefully u can keep in touch here and let us know what u go through in case some of us have the same thing when recovering.

I will pray for u dear princess - yes - the hyst alone is enough to put up with.
Unread 08-18-2004, 08:51 AM

Budlee,

Similar, but not exactly. My doc wanted to take my ovaries in January, but I wanted them to stay and he was very supportive and understanding about my preferences even though he really wanted to see me out of pain and thought removing my left ovary [if not both] was definitely the way to go before the Lap. I said he could take one ovary if it was severely damaged, but I wanted them both saved if at all possible and he agreed to do his best. I am well blessed in the doc department - he really listens and cares and I have both ovaries and its been the right decision (so far).

So, let me ask how YOU feel about oophrectomy (ovary removal) at this point? Will you still have your left ovary after this surgery? How old are you?

You know, if you are having any doubts about the need to have your right ovary removed, please get a second opinion or discuss it further with your current doctor. This is your decision, so make it with the most information available to you at the time so that you won't second guess yourself down the road.

Lots and lots of s while you wait!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2004, 09:21 AM

Thank you Michelle for your advise. I don't have much to choose from, the pain is getting very bad and is effecting my daily living. The Doctor that did my surgery wanted to leave my ovaries, I am 35 and had never had problems with them before. I had fibroid tumors that got so large and had multiplied so fierce in 8 months one had ruptured and sent me to the emergency room with severe bleeding. Two days later I was having a TAH. I was very upset with him , he had seen one tumor and put me on a pill that stopped my period and he said it WOULD shrink it and to come back in a year, did't make it and now of course I feel he should have said see ya in 3 or 6 months to make sure. So the Doctor I have now is wonderful and he specializes in Menapause. I trust him and have done a lot of research, I am more prepared and now KNOW what I need to ask and say. Thank you for being an outlet for me. I am getting depressed and feel bad my hubby has to go through this again too. I can always count on my sisters.

I will keep you updated, should have a date by tomorrow.

Thankx Budlee
Unread 08-18-2004, 02:58 PM

Hi Budlee

I had my partial in Nov of 2002, left my ovaries. Three months after surgery my endo pain came back and I have lived with the pain since. I am done. I have a ultrasound tomorrow to determine how large my left ovary is and if it is a big cyst on it. I am deciding on having the surgery or take Lupron Depot to make the endo and pain go away. After polling the "Sisters" and doing my homework I am leaning towards the surgery. So far every thing I have done to help, has not and my endo is stubborn. (Kinda like myself ) I was determined not to give in, but the pain, fatigue, is just getting to be to much. I have been determined not to stop my activities and it has been very hard to keep at them. But I have.

I hope everything goes well for you!!!
Unread 08-18-2004, 08:16 PM

Hi,

I went through the same thing. My doc left one ovary during my TAH. 10 months post-op I had lots of pressure and pain on that side. Over a period of 3 months I had 5 ultrasounds and watched a ping-pong size mass grow to the size of a grapefruit. It's out now. Physical recovery was a little less taxing than the TAH, but the mental recovery was more difficult due to the surgical menopause. Good luck. We're all here for ya.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register