Feeling Better Today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling Better Today Feeling Better Today

Unread 11-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Feeling Better Today

Well, I had been feeling better each day since my hysterectomy on the 10th of October, then I guess on Thursday I overdid it with going shopping after going to the doctor and felt really terrible/in a lot of pain around my incision the next couple days. Phoned up the doctor on-call number and spoke with a nurse and she bumped my 6-week checkup up from this coming Wednesday to tomorrow since I was feeling so yucky.

So, instead of taking Percocets the nurse suggested I take some Advils because of the anti-inflammatory properties - and I think that helped me a lot. I feel a bunch better today and actually had an appetite and have been eating and eating since I got up. Altho I made the mistake of drinking some Soy Nog - I've had it before and it was okay so I figured I'd get some more but this time it was chalky and had a horrid aftertaste I can't even explain. Hopefully this batch of it was okay. Blech!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2007, 04:48 PM
Feeling Better Today

I am so glad you are feeling better. I hope you have a great six week check-up. I can't wait for mine.

I can not drink anything that has the word nog in it. Ha! Don't know why? dh just loves egg nog, yuck. I hope that batch was okay?
Unread 11-18-2007, 08:56 PM
Feeling Better Today

npwriter--

Was that blech--or belch!!!(maybe both, ha!ha!)

My TAH was Oct. 9 and my taste buds are still not the same on some things.
Made homemade bread and thought it was yucky!!
Guess it will come back later???

Sounds like you're doing fine. I'm a slow healer and still can't even drive without paying for it. I drove 50 miles and back for 6wk checkup on Thurs. and was lying down practically all day Fri.

Hope you check up goes o.k.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2007, 09:50 PM
Feeling Better Today

Glad your feeling beter and ate. woohoo .
hugs
lisa
Unread 11-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Feeling Better Today

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

You know I drank that "nog" around noon today and it's almost 10:00 p.m. and I swear I can still taste it. And all I did was eat and eat all day today - possibly to make up for 5 weeks of just forcing myself to (and to get the taste of that nog out of my mouth)...who knows. It's not that things are tasting differently to me...they did that a lot, especially condiments like mayo and ketchup, when I was pregnant with my son (not so much with my daughter)...so I'm figuring that having your hormones yanked around with probably causes altered taste. I do know that I smelled the plate my toast was on today (I do have a dog nose btw) and it smelled kinda soapy and funky smelling and I kept asking my daughter to "smell it for me" - she kept telling me it smelled normal to her, but I swear it was gross smelling. I even got down another one from my cupboard and it smelled funny, too - I ended up getting one from another set I have (I like dishes, what can I say) and that one didn't have any smell, so I used that instead.
Unread 11-18-2007, 10:30 PM
Feeling Better Today

NPWriter-
That's funny! I also have a "dog nose". And I live in less than 700 sq. ft. with ALL BOYS!! I guess there's a special place in heaven for gals like me...
Unread 11-18-2007, 10:38 PM
Feeling Better Today

tw47, you poor thing - I think if I half-concentrate I can conjure up the smell from that one time we had to go thru the boy's locker room in high school because we had a fire alarm go off. I think this is what all those germs looked like:

And I always joke around saying I could get a job being a "drug sniffing dog" at the airport.
Unread 11-19-2007, 11:55 PM
Feeling Better Today

Hey,
Everyone needs to have a second skill they can fall back on.
You'll never go hungry as long as you have the ability to work as a "drug-sniffing dog!"

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register