Scheduled LSH Period during surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Period during surgery Period during surgery

Unread 10-20-2013, 08:02 PM
Period during surgery

I am super anxious for my surgery. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. One question that I forgot to as my Dr. and hope someone help. I'm having my Laparoscopic Subtotal hysterectomy on Tuesday. I starter my menstrual cycle today. Does this having in bearing on rather or not I will be able to have the surgery? I will call my Dr. Monday but I wanted to find out now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2013, 08:07 PM
Re: Period during surgery

Most doctors don't have a problem with you being on your period for surgery. My doctor told me if he tried to schedule hysterectomies around periods he'd never be able to do them. Give your doctors office a call and check with them, it won't be the first time someone has asked. Best wishes to you and we will see you on the recovery and post-op boards soon!
Unread 10-20-2013, 08:23 PM

When I went in for my posterior repair, I was asked for a urine sample as standard pre-op procedure, sure enough at that very moment my cycle started. A mere hour before surgery. Doc said it didn't matter at all. Thank goodness. It wasn't a hysterectomy, but it was still all up in my lady parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2013, 08:30 PM

I was on my period at my pre op appt a few days before surgery. She said it wasn't an issue. Give the office a call tomorrow just to be sure.

Good luck with your surgery!
Unread 10-20-2013, 10:39 PM

I started mine the nigjt before. They didn't care. Wore panties and a pad into the o.r and removed them right before hopping on the table. Thankfully I was put to sleep within about 5 minutes and it was in their hands after that lol
Unread 10-20-2013, 11:44 PM

It should be fine I was with my surgery. And I barely have spotted since I woke after surgery! That part was a pleasant surprise! Good luck!
Unread 10-21-2013, 09:48 AM

Thank you ladies! This has been very helpful. I did speak with my Dr this morning and he said it didn't matter. whew I absolutely love this forum. It has been so informative and everyone is so willing to share and advise. Tomorrow is my big day...
Unread 10-21-2013, 10:48 AM

Good luck!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register