I made it - back home now | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I made it - back home now I made it - back home now

Unread 08-23-2005, 02:38 AM
I made it - back home now

Hi Everyone,

I have have just got home - 7 nights in - my tumor turned out to be a borderline ovarian tumor but they seem to think they have got it all out. Very relieved, very tired and very grateful for all the prior info and support from this site. I just wished I had paid more attention to the people who posted about 'gas' - turns out to be about the most memorable (miserable) part of the whole ordeal. Anyway best wishes to everyone!

Omni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2005, 04:13 AM

Glad you're home, hope you have an easy recovery. I know what you mean about the gas pains, I don't think I will ever forget them, still its a same price to pay for future health. I'm nearly nine weeks out and feel wonderful.

Take care, lots of rest.

love hazel.
Unread 08-23-2005, 05:00 AM

Welcome Home!

I'm glad your okay, and remember rest! Sorry about the gas, that's got me a little concerned. Should I pick up something for that and take it after the surgery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2005, 05:31 AM

Glad your home and everything went well and I hope it keeps going well for you. Get some rest and talk later
Unread 08-23-2005, 05:52 AM

Thanks everyone Tami-peach, I'm not sure what you are allowed to do for your yourself for gas after the op - but you certainly won't do yourself any harm finding out as much as you can about it from people here. For me it was undoubtedly the worst part, very painful and scary when you don't know whats happening.
Unread 08-23-2005, 06:23 AM

I'm glad you are home and feeling fine. Rest now and take good care of yourself.

Tami, take the gasX right before you leave home to go to the castle. Take another the next morning when you wake up after the surgery. This was the best advice I ever could have had from my sisters and It saved me all the gas pain since the pain from Surgery was enough for ten people.

Mspittmang
Unread 08-23-2005, 07:06 AM

Hello Omni

So sorry you suffered so much with with the gas, I hope it has settled for you now, it hurts so much.

Best wishes and thoughts for your recovery, hoping you get lots of TLC
Unread 08-23-2005, 08:08 AM

Dear Omni,

I read your post with interest because I had the exact problem as you. I had both ovaries and fallopian tubes removed on November 18, 2004. My left ovary was also borderline precancer/stage 1 ovarian cancer. My gyn. opted to not do a hysterectomy at the time because of some blood problems. Obviously, the ovary removal couldn't wait. However, I have just returned from the castle after having a TVH and cystocele/rectocele repair on Thursday, Aug. 18th. I am feeling well, but the gas is definitely the worst part. I have found that by standing and swaying my hips from side to side and then from back to front really helps, along with walking as much as possible. I am also using gasX. I am also experiencing alot of pain from one hip joint to the other and across my lower back. The doc. says that I am having muscle spasms from the stirrups. Anyways, please try not to worry about the borderline ovaries. I was told that when discovered at that early of a stage, it is nearly 100% curable. I have had no further problems and the hyst. was basically to finish up the job from Nov., now that my blood has returned to normal. Take care and get plenty of rest!!

kjmay39
Unread 08-23-2005, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omni
Thanks everyone Tami-peach, I'm not sure what you are allowed to do for your yourself for gas after the op - but you certainly won't do yourself any harm finding out as much as you can about it from people here. For me it was undoubtedly the worst part, very painful and scary when you don't know whats happening.
Thanks for the note omni.

I had my pre op today and I was crying .....

...... I can't believe how scared I am.

I have to have a test.. so I have to clear my bowels?

I got this kit today from xray and I'm to use it tomorrow after my daughters birthday party. Then go in Thursday morning where they put an IV in and put this dye in my body to see my kidneys for an hour.

Since I have a bi corna uterus -it's sometimes normal to have one kidney and or two lines from one kidney to the bladder.

I'm freaking out.

I feel like I'm going to die on the table. I can't believe this is me. Normally I'm calm and clearly thinking with in reason nervous.

But... I'm scared something is going to go wrong, mostly since I live in a remote area, I have a bi corna uterus.... which makes me different.
I found out today I'm losing my cervix.

I can't believe I'm sitting here crying over the fact that I'm 34 and my body is failing me already.

I know and could accept or understand when menopause happens later down the road... but I'm not ready to lose those things yet... and I cry because.....I know that I have really no choices left. My uterus is only getting bigger and at this point its just below my belly button and is the size of a 3 - 4 month preg woman.

I'm a wreak
Unread 08-23-2005, 06:49 PM

Tami -

That's where my uterus is too... just below my belly button!

You can do it! Take each day as it comes, each hour, each minute. You will get through this! Think how wonderful it will be AFTER you get home from the castle (and recover)... when every day is wonderful instead of the misery you have now!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register