have lupus and worried about the hyst | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

have lupus and worried about the hyst have lupus and worried about the hyst

Unread 06-08-2006, 07:19 PM
have lupus and worried about the hyst

Hello everyone,
I was advised by one of the fellow sisters to enter my thread here at pre op for the best results. Well, I am sceduled for my hyst on July 5,2006. I am a bit scared, well no, a whole heck of alot scared!!! I am not sure what to expect, just the thought of having a major surgery scares me. I have had other minor surgeries, not really minor, but not as severe as this one. My real concern is I also have Lupus. I have read that sometimes surgery can cause a full blown flare. and that is not something i am ready for, not that i am every ready for any flare. I am also concerned about the hormone replacement therapy afterwards. If there is any one out there with some advice or who has lupus and has had a hyst. Please let me know. Thanks for listening or reading!!!
Cathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2006, 08:39 AM

Hi ,

I can understand you being scared. It is so normal, and of course if you have other health issues you want to be sure your dr knows about your surgery and if there is anything he can do to help you .

If you do a Search (top right hand corner of page under Private Messages) you can put in Lupus and threads that mention or discuss lupus will come up and you can look at them.

Maybe someone will come by that has had Lupus and offer some support on the it.

I hope this helps some.

s
Unread 06-10-2006, 06:23 AM

I just wanted to add my good wishes. I'll be praying that all goes well for you.

S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2006, 07:28 AM

hi Arizona!!

I can't help about some of the issues you have posted, but you and I are going on the same day. I will remember you that morning and I am praying for you now!
Unread 06-10-2006, 08:30 AM

I am also scheduled for July 5th, at 7:45 AM. I am scheduled for a LSH-BSO with bladder repair. I have asthma, an irregular heart rhythm, and pretty severe anxiety.

Susan
Unread 06-11-2006, 07:50 AM

we July 5th sisters will stick together...for GREAT results!!
Unread 06-12-2006, 08:09 PM

Hey Ladies
A part of me feels relieved knowing that I will not be alone on that day!!! I look forward to hearing your stories on your procedures. I have anxiety and a part of me would like to back out due to there may be other findings. I don't know the whole acronym to everything, I would like to hear your stories. Has either one of you suffered from lower back pain? Look forward to hearing from you both.
My thoughts and prayers are with you both
Cathy
Unread 06-20-2006, 04:46 AM
Lupus

Dear Cathy, I wish you well and are in my prayers. My doc just told me that he thinks I am in the early stages of lupus and I go to a rheumatologist a week from today to get more answers. I do believe that I've had it for a long time, including last year during my surgery.

I was told I had fibromyalygia for over 20 years so I kept thinking my problems were all due to that. But the good news is I did not have any major flare ups due to my surgery. Make sure you tell your doc, anestheisologist, etc before your surgery so they can offer suggestions. I honestly believe that walking helped keep me a lot after my surgery. The first week, I did very little but worked up to 2 miles by my 4 week check. My doc was very pleased with how well I healed, as was I.
May I ask what kind of lupus you have? I think that I have SLE or Cutaneous, from what I have read. I am just starting to research how estrogen dominance may have played a role in Lupus. I feel that I am finally getting some answers that tie all of my problems together and make sense.

Best wishes and God Bless!
Unread 06-20-2006, 04:55 AM

My mother has systemic lupus and she has had many operations in the last few years. Her lupus was always a concern when she had surgery but she has always recovered just fine. You will have pain medication anyway so that will be good.
Unread 06-29-2006, 05:53 PM

Hi Maggie
I guess i am so worried because i just went through a flare and spent a week in the hospital and now all this. I have SLE and it gets me down at times, but for the most part, i my spirits are usually up. It took me many years of pain before I got any answers and tests that were finally done. A part of me was releived when I found out i guess because I finally got answers, now it's just dealing with it all. I worry about the hormone therapy, I don't know how that will work out. My anxiety is getting the best of me as the days close in.
Take care
Cathy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register