getting to be the day!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

getting to be the day!! getting to be the day!!

Unread 07-06-2006, 07:37 AM
getting to be the day!!

well I am going in for Preop on Friday at 12:45 I feel sick to my stomache, i am so so scared, surgery is Monday july 10th, (there goes summer) any way i have been cleaneing and getting the frezzer full and baking for the kids, i am going nuts, if it is not done i am going nuts if it is done it is not done right, i feel like i just have to do it all my self, but i guess it is just because i want to not think about what is going on, i am feeling over whelmed at this moment, and not sure how to feel i just wish that i was asleep and not have to worry about any thing else, some one out there tell me how this surgery works, from step one to the end, i am so scared, the only good thing is the kids being there for me, my daughter just came back from Baghdad and she will be there, as well as my 3 boys.
sorry for the rant just needed to get it off my chest and dont want to bother the hubby again, poor guy has my mom here for 3 1/2 weeks....lol thankyou girls very much for being here for me.
Good luck to thoses of you who are having yours in the next couple days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2006, 07:55 AM
getting to be the day!!

I have to say at my pre-op my dr showed me a video which helped ease a few of my fears. It discussed what all happened and a few things to expect. I think you need to take a day off for some fun. Do the things you enjoy doing. There are some pretty durn good movies out right now, go to one or two. Go get your hair and nails done, something other than preparing the house. Sounds like you've about go that done anyway. We could each tell you what each step was for us but it's different for everyone. I think it's great your daughter is home from Iraq, maybe you and her could find something she missed and do it together. Now is important to find time to feed positive things into your mind it helps you to relax. If everything in your home doesn't get done by you its acceptable, it better be because after surgery it'll have to be done by someone else as you wont feel up to it. We all need to learn to let others do for us, we do for them this is a time for them to do for us.
Good luck and I'll be thinking of you Monday.
Unread 07-06-2006, 07:58 AM
getting to be the day!!

As We Say The Waiting Is The Worst,i Remember Being Giving A Pill For Acid,and A Pill To Relax Me,the Wheeled Me Into The Operation Room,the Doctor Said Hello,and Then Im Waking Up In Recovery,then I Feel Asleep Again And Woke Up In My Room.. It Was Not As Bad As I Thought,inface After 2 C-sections I Found It Easier.. I Went Back To Work In 4 Weeks,i Did Rest Alot,but I Also Did Some Cooking And Cleaning...time Will Fly By,you Need To Rest And Drink Lots Of Fluids,also Walk Around To Keep The Blood Flowing ,it Speeds Up Healing..good Luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2006, 08:06 AM
getting to be the day!!

dkunkle,
I know how scary it is. I was petrified about the surgery. I am a teacher and all my coworkers had formed a prayer circle and prayed for me. I felt such a peace. The nurse gave me valium and that helped a lot. I remember waking up for a second in recovery then the next thing I remember I was in my room surrounded by family. You might ask your doctore for something to keep you calm. Good Luck and God bless you.
sandyst
Unread 07-06-2006, 11:40 PM
getting to be the day!!

i am very nervous after my pre op appointment im gonna go to kings island for some fun (if it dont rain of coarse pop up shower) help me keep mind off of it till friday !!
Unread 07-07-2006, 07:06 AM
getting to be the day!!

Thank you all so much, hubby came home last night and rubbed my back, said i was so tight, but after that and some of my meds, i felt so much better, cant wait till tonight, my dad is taking us all out for dinner, my daughter will be home from her post and my mother will be here on Saturday, so i guess i am done in my house, i will have no time left. I will leave and have my pre_op done today and go from there, thankyou all so much for the advice.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register