1 overay - PMS? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 overay - PMS? 1 overay - PMS?

Unread 07-18-2006, 04:52 PM
1 overay - PMS?

My doctor recommended removing my cervix, 1 bad overay and my uterus (along with cleaning up some endo).

Will I still have PMS if I only have 1 overay? Since I will no longer have a period, will I still be subjected to the emotional ups and downs of hormones/PMS?

Also - I'm worried that with only 1 overay my sex drive will be gone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2006, 05:13 PM
1 overay - PMS?

I don't know what the end result will be, I'm sitting here on pins & needles myself w/ those issues, but I hope this helps. My mom had the exact same surgery your Dr wants you to have. She was 37 yrs. old when she had it done ( had severe endo). She said she did get very mild PMS. It was barely noticeable. As far as sex drive, she said nothing had changed except that sex was now better than ever since all the pain was gone. I'll pray for you. Good luck!!
Unread 07-18-2006, 09:04 PM
1 overay - PMS?

Hi there!

If one or both ovaries are retained after hysterectomy, you will be likely to continue to cycle normally. Sometimes the ovary (ovaries) go "to sleep" for a time after surgery, and sometimes they fail (either right after surgery or some time afterward).

I retained my ovaries, and I can tell they continue to function as before.

As for PMS, this varies from woman to woman. I can tell you, though, that I was pleasantly surprised. I can only surmise that what I thought was severe PMS (bloating, pain, etc.) was really just the effects of my fibroid-filled uterus being very uncomfortable during my cycle. Although I still have those twinges at ovulation and some other PMS symptoms, they aren't nearly as bad as they were before surgery. (This is just my experience, however.)

Hope this helps.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register