More pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-23-2005, 01:09 PM
More pain

Hello sisters
I feel like I am being a pest now but I am worried. I have a new pain to contend with, it's in my lower left side - just to the left of incision. I have felt ill and sicky all weekend and was starting to think perhaps I have another infection. I noticed that one of the little incicisions from the tvt is opening? This has never happened to me before, but I think I have read posts from some sisters who it has? It's weird cos there is only one stitch in each tiny incision and on the one that is opening, the stitch is still attached to one side of it! It looks rather yukky, but I've let it dry? Is that best? The pain is not a twinge, it was really hard to get up the stairs with it, and it seemed when I lefted my left leg it got worse? Also my tummy is sore and tender and swollen, after being ok all of last week. It is also very tender around belly button area, strange cos that bit hasn't been intefered with during surgery.
I know I should speak to a doctor, which I will do - first thing in the morning, but I would appreciate anyone's ideas on this one.
Thanks in advance dear sisters
s
Sue
x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2005, 08:19 PM
More pain

Hi Sue
I am sorry you are feeling bad. It is a good thing you plan on calling your dr in the morning. I had alot of abdominal tenderness and some pain, but think it was from either my lapro or the UTI I had. After the cipro I started feeling so much better. My right tvt incision was always the worst one. It oozed for weeks, It is much more noticeable than my left one. If I push around in that area where the tape ends came out of and my bikini incision line (from my c sections and TAH ) it is quite tender. It has never quit feeling that way.
Let us know what the dr. has to say. Take it easy, You are still healing.
Peggy
Unread 10-24-2005, 07:32 AM
More pain

Thanks ((((((((Peggy))))))))))
I have rang doctor's office and she told me to ring back at 3 pm! So It's now 2.20 and I've had to force myself to have a bath and stuff. Kids are all off school for the half term holiday here too. I've had a rotten night, really bad flashing or fever?
I have pain in right side now. As you say, I forget some times that I am still healing, but past experience tells us pains usually mean something isn't right. And then I found this UK website full of horror stories about the tvt tape op last night, and I worked myself up into a right state! Apparently it takes a while for the docs to discover if there is something not right with it?
Am I allowed to paste the link?
http://www.continence-foundation.org...mplate=printer
Has yours settled down now Peggy? You're not really recovered and there you are preparing for another one. I am amazed at your courage, it gives me strength too.
Thank you
Big s
Sue
x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2005, 06:04 PM
More pain

Hi Sue
Any news from your appt? I have been thinking about you. It isn't fair you have to feel so bad. I am actually doing very good when it comes to my recent surgery. I don't feel like I am leaking anymore. I do think it was from the uti. My lower abdoman remains quite tender, but it has every since my hyst almost 18 months ago. I think that is from all of the scar tissue. I hope it doesn't cause me alot of problems when I am lying belly down for my back surgery Thursday.
It seems like I get one thing under control. then something else needs fixed. This spinal stuff will be a long term battle I believe. Degenerative disc disease just doesn't go away with surgery. I decided to see my Gyn.(wed) I am worried because I have ddd, osteophytes (bone spurs on spinal column) borderline osteoporosis and have osteoarthritis. I am meeting him to talk about possible HRT. I still have my ovaries, but they aren't putting out like they were before my hyst. My uro/gyn suggested that I need to be put on some estrogen. My gyn is so much nicer, so I decided to talk to him about it. He will be honest with me.
Let me know what your dr. said
Peggy
Unread 10-25-2005, 09:30 AM
More pain

Hi ((((((((Peggy)))))))))
The thought of lying belly down turns my insides! I guess you are going to expect some discomfort post op there hun
My belly is really swollen now - massive! I haven't had much of an appetite but have eaten today. (Fried fish and chips) I know - wrong stuff, but it was either that or prepare a meal for everyone!
I spoke to my GP yesterday at 3. He just told me to come along in the morning to have a swab done. Which is what I did today. I kept on telling him about my tummy, but he didn't even take a look at it. He was more concerned with getting this swab done to check for infection. He said to me, in a very forboding way, that if we have infection, then the surgery was a waste of time. He didn't scare me, I'm an old hat now! He gave me a script for more anti biotics but said the result wouldn't be thru till Friday or Monday!
My belly is really sore Peggy - especially just to the sides of each incisions, worse on the left. Is this normal?

I'm glad you are going to see your nice gyn. I can't believe that urogyn. You need to put in a complaint there, he doesn't deserve the thousands of dollars he is getting paid each day.

I am hoping that these anti biotics will kick in and give me some relief soon. I felt much better a week ago! I can't believe the size of my tummy either!
Thanks for being there Peggy, I and many other sisters are so grateful to you. We will all for you next week.

Big s
Sue
x
Unread 10-25-2005, 11:12 AM
More pain

Sue

I'm so sorry you are continuing to have problems!!! I hope your doc can get everything straightened out ASAP!!! But I wanted to mention that with my last surgery, I had an incision that wasn't healing properly - and the stitches weren't dissolving like they were supposed to. In fact, I started getting some bloody dischage - and then one day I noticed that there was actually a hole where I could see inside - after I collected myself off the floor I called my docs office. They got me in the next day (it was all I could do to wait that 18 hours). When I got there, they said my body was rejecting the stitches instead of absorbing them. So my body was trying to push them out. She snipped them, and within a week I was completely healed.

Just something you might want to run by your doc if your incisions are still acting weird!

Take care!!!
s
Cortney
Unread 10-28-2005, 05:16 PM
More pain

Hi (((((((((Cortney))))))))))
Just got this reply, somehow I missed it, thanks.
That must have been terrifying - I dunno how you managed to keep yourself together! (Excusing the pun )
The area around the incision on the left is very red, I am trying to keep it dry, is that best?
I have been started on another course of anti biotics, before they have results have swab too! I don't feel any better, in fact, I feel lousy really :cry:
My tummy is continuing to swell, it's very tender and sore, I have no energy, the hot flashes are extreme, I am very tired and just feel so unwell
I felt quite good the middle of last week! Dunno what has knocked me back.
Guess I'll just muddle thru the weekend and see how I feel by Monday morning.
Thanks for all your support Cortney, I hope you are feeling well.
Big s
Sue
Unread 10-29-2005, 07:15 AM
More pain

Sue

If you are still feeling like you've been hit by a bus - you need to call your doctor AGAIN. Bug them until they figure out what's going on! Remember that they work for YOU. You go to them to treat you. You pay them for their services. You are entitled to ask questions - and expect quality treatment WHENEVER you need it. And if you don't feel like this doctor is going to give that to you - go to another one.

As far as keeping your incision dry - I truly don't know. I'm sorry! Again, that's something that your doctor should be able to tell you. I would give their office a call - even if you get the answering service - tell them how lousy you feel - and that your incision is causing seeping and you are in a lot of pain. Tell them you want to talk to your doctor. Either he/she or one of their partners should call you back.

Take care Sue! And thank you for your kind words!

S
Cortney
Unread 10-29-2005, 07:31 AM
More pain

Hi again
I woke up this morning feeling so ill, after a really bad night. This may be but my pelvic area is so swollen I can't close my legs!
Is it normal to swell up at this time? (4 weeks post op)
I just rang the hospital where I had the op to speak to a nurse there. I am going round in circles.
I thought maybe if they removed the stitch. They said they couldn't do this because 30 days have passed since op! It's just 30 days! Ah well. Was worth a try. The staff nurse was very nice and promised to get hold of a gyn for advice. I am off to try a hot tub while I wait for them to call me back.

Sue
x
Unread 10-29-2005, 11:38 AM
More pain

Hi Cortney
Thanks, I missed your post again as I was posting at same time!
I was doing exactly what you suggested tho! They called me back and couldn't manage to get hold of my consultant. They did contact another gyn who advised me to buy a canesten suppositry! I told them I have no dischage what so ever! I don't see the harm in trying - so have sent DH to Asda (walmart) to go get! No doubt they will be there for hours!
My main concern is the swelling in abdomen, even swelly belly wasn't this big! It is super stretched and quite hard. He asked if I was voiding ok, which I am. I'm stumped.
Thank you Cortney s
Sue
x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register