Scheduled TAH Surgery in eight days! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery in eight days! Surgery in eight days!

Unread 09-25-2012, 06:52 AM
Surgery in eight days!

Getting pretty excited! I have a few more things to do around the house.

Called my GP yesterday to get lab results back on bloodwork from checkup and was pleased to hear normal thyroid function and excellent cholesterol levels. My BP and heart rate are at normal levels, so I'm ready for TAH. BP was very high and I had to take meds to get it down.

A visit today with GP for a final check before surgery and I still have a nagging cough that I can't help but think is a mild case of whooping cough from the DPT vaccine a few weeks ago before he and I found out about the TAH. The cough happens only once or twice a day, usually about 10 PM. Mostly a dry cough, with just a tiny bit of clear, sticky phlegm coughed up. I just dread this happening when I have a big incision in my abdomen and stitches everywhere.

GP nor GYN have heard the cough - lungs are clear, but GP noted some throat irritation and asked about allergies. I usually just take bee pollen for allergies and sinus problems, but this time, it hasn't helped.

I still haven't had my pre-op visit and it hasn't been scheduled, so I'm calling the Gyn's office today to ask about that and will discuss the cough with the nurse. I hope they don't put off the surgery, but I don't want issues caused by an uncontrollable cough

I'm doing all I can to get ready. I have to get my bag packed for the hospital and do the shopping for afterwards.

I'm still SO nervous, but happy that the endo biopsy was ok. That has made all the difference in my mood in these last two weeks before the surgery.

Thanks to my Sisters for being here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2012, 08:22 AM
Re: Surgery in eight days!

It does get kind of exciting as our date approaches. Do ask about the cough. I know I have had to sneeze a few times since TLH and needed to brace myself with a pillow.

Great to hear the biopsy was ok!

Best of luck and see you on the other side.
Unread 09-25-2012, 05:06 PM
Re: Surgery in eight days!

Thanks, AnnieKing. I did go to the GP and he has prescribed something for the cough. He thinks it's seasonal allergies, again, no congestion in the lungs, sinuses are clear. One of the BP meds can cause some coughing, but it's more like constantly clearing the throat. I had that for about two weeks, and it went away.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register