EMB vs ABLATION | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

EMB vs ABLATION EMB vs ABLATION

Unread 06-18-2013, 08:23 PM
EMB w/Drip vs ABLATION

This is my first time on this forum today--after going to gynecologist for 1.5 YEARS (because I had one gush of blood and then another and then various episodes of spotting once a month or so)--that I have ever even HEARD of an endo ablation! 18 months ago my endo lining was 5.1.....a year ago it was at 13.8.....today it was 11.5.

I asked for a hysteroscopy when it was my lining was at 5.1 because I was so SCARED of the pain of the EMB and becuz my cervix/uterus was in stenosis (too hard to penetrate and the doc never even offered to soften it up PRIOR to the procedure!).

Therefore, due to the hardening (which possibly could have been corrected with some foresight), the doc couldn't get inside to biopsy the lining....however, now they want to try again with the EMB. If they DO manage to get inside, couldn't I get the ablation done to just eliminate the endo lining even tho I am post menopausal?

I read on another forum that I could also ask for a Pethadine Drip to knock me out during this next FORCED biopsy attempt....but that was never suggested by the Oncology Gyne either! Has anyone ever had a pain drip done for the EMB on this forum?

Any ideas my sisters? Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2013, 11:26 PM
Re: EMB vs ABLATION

Hi dotty:

Since you seem to be doubting the doctor's choice of treatments, you would probably benefit from a 2nd or 3rd medical opinion (if you haven't already had one). I am not sure what you mean by EMB... embolization?

I hope you are able to find the right answers soon. I am sending huge cyberhugs
Unread 06-24-2013, 09:44 AM
Re: EMB vs ABLATION

EMB means endometrial biopsy I think? The thing is, that's a diagnostic procedure, and the question is why the endometrium is thick. After finding that out, then it could be determined if an ablation might be appropriate or not. Why not a D and C under anesthesia? Seems that would be better than an unsuccessful try at a biopsy? I did have a cervical block since my cervix was closed, maybe that's another option? It does seem you need to have some diagnostics. Talk to your GYN again, or get another opinion about a D and C, is what I'd suggest. I hope you get answers soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register