Having Doubts. Surgery next week! How to be sure? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Having Doubts.  Surgery next week!  How to be sure? Having Doubts. Surgery next week! How to be sure?

Unread 01-14-2008, 07:57 AM
Having Doubts. Surgery next week! How to be sure?

I have fibroids and have been told less invasive options won't work but I'm not debilitated by cycles. My iron is low and the doc says my uterous may be pushing on other organs causing damage due to its size, but in general, I don't have pain, just drain! I guess I've put this off so long I'm wondering why I should do it now?

I'm recently out of the work force, so not dealing with that has minimized all the hassles and I'm close to menopause.

I did go back to the doctor and expressed my doubts. He seems very confident its the right option (new doctor, new state). My previous doctor always put it back in my lap...what do you want to do. It just doesn't seem to be as black and white as some of the others in their situations.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2008, 08:50 AM

For me it was more of a why shouldn't I do it now. I couldn't stand the whole taking weekens out of my life to deal with it.

Ultimately, it needs to be something you are comfortable with. Good luck with you decision.
Unread 01-14-2008, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moyacht
I have fibroids and have been told less invasive options won't work but I'm not debilitated by cycles. My iron is low and the doc says my uterous may be pushing on other organs causing damage due to its size, but in general, I don't have pain, just drain! I guess I've put this off so long I'm wondering why I should do it now?

I'm recently out of the work force, so not dealing with that has minimized all the hassles and I'm close to menopause.

I did go back to the doctor and expressed my doubts. He seems very confident its the right option (new doctor, new state). My previous doctor always put it back in my lap...what do you want to do. It just doesn't seem to be as black and white as some of the others in their situations.

Any thoughts?

I had my surgery(TAH) on Dec.5th.I had really huge fibroids cysts,an enlarged uterus and I was extremely anemic.I did have to deal with the pain as well as needing 4 pints of blood last April.I know this is a big decision to make.It is your body and you need to make the best decision for yourself.For me I already feel 100% better.I will keep you in my prayers and pray that the Lord will be with you with whatever decision you make.
Faith

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register