Where is Flo??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Where is Flo??? Where is Flo???

Unread 08-17-2004, 03:09 PM
Where is Flo???

Ok so here I am 5 days from surgery and "Her nastiness" should have been here yesterday. I go like clock work. I have had 4 times in my life that I was late and 3 of them were from pregnancy. I have had my tubes tied for 7(in dec) years almost. Dont get me wrong I would love to never see her again but why is she playing with me like this? Usually by now I am eating everything in the house and have big monster zits on my face. Nothing has come to tell me she is on her way. I guess it is just fear. Maybe I am stressing sooooo much I have thrown things off track. The last 3 periods I have had were all of 1 day total. I have never done that....never! Hubby loves it cause he is trying to get as much sex as possible before Monday.......ugh! MEN! hehehehe! I just have a funny feeling she is gonna wait till sunday when I have to do the bowel prep to show up. wont that be nice? I will go through a whole box of tampons cause everytime I potty they fall out. I have a feeling that 4 liters of go lytely is going to make me have a massive love affair with my toilet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2004, 03:38 PM
Where is Flo???

The Uterus, strange mysterious multitasking female that she is. She Knows. But don't worry! She may come, but she will go. hahahahah! ah, yes, go litely. She will be a dear friend, or public enemy, but a neccessity at best. Drink up and go, do your lady in waiting duties.

Seriously, god bless you! I will be thinking of you. See you on the Post op side.Humor will see you through! Keep good thoughts.

Unread 08-17-2004, 11:40 PM
Where is Flo???

Hi,

It's probably stress I did the same thing worried so much that I got sick with and upper resp infection, my period did come but GYN said it wasn't a problem he could go ahead with my hysto any way. He was more concerned about my upper resp infection and made me have chest x-rays to make sure my lungs were clear and they were. I hope all goes well for you the mind is hard on the body and even when we try not to stress it's hard not to...
Take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2004, 12:24 AM
Where is Flo???

It probably is stress. Aunt Flo came to visit me every 20-22 days, if it didn't last almost as long! But, before surgery 22 days came and went. Late for the first time except for once in April! I ended up being 5 days late and nothing!

Hope she misses you too!!
Good Luck!
Unread 08-18-2004, 09:22 AM
Where is Flo???

Hi there,

I was in the same boat. Aunt Flo showed up 5 days late, just in time for my surgery. I went into surgery with Aunt Flo, came out without her (and Marvin the martian fibroid). It seemed almost like poetic justice to kick her out with the fibroid during surgery.
Unread 08-18-2004, 11:32 AM
Not Keeping Ovaries

Surgery scheduled for 9/20/04 and my doctor says he wants to take everything. Fibrods the problem but he says because I'm 45 we should to ahead and take the ovaries, as they will not serve me much longer and Ovarian cancer is dangerous. But I don't have cancer in my family so is this a real concern for me? Should I insist on leaving the ovaries?

I've been a single for 23 years and finally found a wonderful man and we have wonderful sex. I am so very worried about how the relationship will change if I have everything taken out.

I would appreciate any input you ladies have.

Thanks.

Christy
Unread 08-18-2004, 02:07 PM
Where is Flo???

Christy, I am having a tvh on sept 13, and I am 55 but keeping ovaries if healthy when she goes in, you dont have to have them removed if you dont want too, at least ask your doctor why you cant keep them if you have no cancer in the family, I have none either and every doctor is different but I say keep what you can unless they look bad or something, I think mine are shut down but believe me they still produce something to make me have periods every 7 mos or so.....Best of luck, Denna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register