Hysterectomy postponed because of age | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy postponed because of age Hysterectomy postponed because of age

Unread 09-24-2014, 05:40 AM
Hysterectomy postponed because of age

My doctor (and two other doctors from whom I got second opinions) were on board for the hysterectomy, but the insurance company won't approve it without additional procedures because I'm 23. We are going ahead with the extra stuff, but my doctor said it probably won't change the outcome, so basically it's just a delay. All it's done so far is make me sick because of all the extra medicines.

I've been dealing with issues since I was about 12, and I'm trying to stay positive, but it's becoming difficult. All I want is to be able to sleep through the night without all the pain. Oh well, if it's not one hurdle, it's another!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2014, 08:27 AM
Hysterectomy postponed because of age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phosphorescent View Post
My doctor (and two other doctors from whom I got second opinions) were on board for the hysterectomy, but the insurance company won't approve it without additional procedures because I'm 23. We are going ahead with the extra stuff, but my doctor said it probably won't change the outcome, so basically it's just a delay. All it's done so far is make me sick because of all the extra medicines.

I've been dealing with issues since I was about 12, and I'm trying to stay positive, but it's becoming difficult. All I want is to be able to sleep through the night without all the pain. Oh well, if it's not one hurdle, it's another!
so sorry girlie I am 28 I have mine scheduled for October 2nd 2014 & I am scared I have waited since I was 20 so I asked my dr. For a sleep aide to help
Unread 09-24-2014, 10:00 AM
Re: Hysterectomy postponed because of age

So sorry to hear that your insurance is being tough about this. My docs were saying no until I turned 40 at which point they started to say maybe. I had to wait until I was 45 to have it and had exhausted medicines and Lupron shots Then when they didn't work they agreed to it. Definitely let your doc know how you are doing because that did help me to get it approved because of ER visits, unrelenting pain and misery. Try to hang in there as you jump through the hoops for your insurance will approve it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2014, 09:42 PM

Although I am on medicaid, I had to have additional procedures as well to prove my need for a TLH-BSO over the last 2 years but it was because of initial cost and not because of my age (32 yrs old). I hope they can find a loop hole for you to speed up the process.
Unread 09-29-2014, 07:33 AM

My goodness, you ladies have all been through the ringer a bit! I hope they find a way for you all to do what needs to be done!
Unread 10-06-2014, 09:31 AM

I have medicaid too and am being told by my main doctor that I have to "prove" I need one to the insurance company. Because of other issues with her, I'm not sure I completely trust her, and I'm getting a second opinion. I've had both an ultrasound and MRI that show I have adenomyosis. I've tried about 5 different BCP, an IUD, and I'm currently on Provera. I'm scared to try ablation because when my mom had it done she had a lot of pain and only missed one period before they returned. My cramps are getting worse, it's becoming increasingly difficult to get through the day, and I'm getting a lot of really uncomfortable side effects from the provera. What more does the insurance company want? I had a tubal ligation at 23, so trying to convince me I should preserve my fertility isn't going to work. Isn't it better for the state to pay for surgery than long term disability because I'm in too much pain to work?

I'm sorry you're also being told "too young" instead of being allowed to work with your doctors to do what's best for your situation.
Unread 10-06-2014, 12:16 PM

I to have had a hard with my hysterectomy because of my ins and my age i am 33,have 2. Kids my tubes have been tied for 9yrs,I've been on birth control,took hormones tried the ablation nothing worked finally after almost year i am waiting on a date for my hysterectomy I'll get a date today or tomorrow......its a lot of crap that make you go threw but I'm sure it will be worth it..don't give up..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register