Endometrial thickness, abnormal vaginal ultrasound and PMB - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Endometrial thickness, abnormal vaginal ultrasound and PMB Endometrial thickness, abnormal vaginal ultrasound and PMB

Unread 03-20-2017, 10:43 AM
Endometrial thickness, abnormal vaginal ultrasound and PMB

You're story sounds just like mine. I'm 50, postmenopausal for 4 years, on HRT and started bleeding Feb.of last year. At that time, my Doctor did an ultrasound that showed endometrial thickness of 13 and a polyp/fibroid. They did a hysteroscopy with biopsy, all negative for cancer. Kept bleeding so then underwent a D&C with fibroid removal. Thought I was done with the whole mess, then started bleeding again at Christmas 2016. Went to the Dr and they did another ultrasound that showed multiple fibroids and thickened endometrium again. I decided I was absolutely not doing this every year so had an elective SAH on 2/28. All biopsies came back negative.Tomorrow will be 3 weeks. I'm worn out and have a whole list of complaints but I'd still do it all over again. Good luck, God bless and know that you're not alone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2017, 11:58 AM
Re: Endometrial thickness, abnormal vaginal ultrasound and PMB

StephanieDawn19 - Thank you for your story. My biopsy came back all clear today! When I called the doc this morning to say I didn't feel well and had abdominal pain they told me come in right away. All was okay. They needed to make sure my uterus wasn't perforated. I'm in more pain now because of the exam and my back has gone out. I feel like an old lady falling apart. Next step will be to see if I have any more PMB. Hopefully it will never happen again...but if it does it's great to know this support is here.
Unread 03-20-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emr5463 View Post
StephanieDawn19 - Thank you for your story. My biopsy came back all clear today! When I called the doc this morning to say I didn't feel well and had abdominal pain they told me come in right away. All was okay. They needed to make sure my uterus wasn't perforated. I'm in more pain now because of the exam and my back has gone out. I feel like an old lady falling apart. Next step will be to see if I have any more PMB. Hopefully it will never happen again...but if it does it's great to know this support is here.
That's great news! Good for you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2017, 05:28 AM

It's been 40 days since my D & C and I'm bleeding again The doc wants to see me. Not sure what to do next. Some women I know are telling me to go ahead with a hysterectomy even though I my biopsy came back find. Any suggestions?
Unread 04-26-2017, 04:50 PM

I hate to hear you're going through all that! My PMB was because of the fibroids so I don't know what they'll want to do for you. I think they sometimes do a hysterectomy for just the bleeding but I'm not sure. I had a very difficult recovery the first month or so but I'd do it all over again! I was so sick of the bleeding, etc that in my opinion it was definitely worth It! Good luck!
Unread 04-27-2017, 06:01 AM

The doctor put me on a 10 day treatment of MedroxyPROGESTERone Acetate 10 MG Oral Tablet. It looks to have some pretty bad side effects. I have been prescribed this before but never took it because I scared of side effects. I have depression already and that's one possible side effect. I think I'll give it a try this time though. The doc said it only stays in the system one day. So if I do have a reaction it should reverse quickly. Anyone else use this med? How did it work for you?
Unread 04-27-2017, 06:37 AM

I had the same concerns regarding the side effects. My ob/gyn suggested a progesterone iud because rather than traveling through your entire system the meds go directly to the uterus.
Unread 04-27-2017, 06:40 AM

Thank you for the suggestion. Still not sure what I'll do.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register