Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jan 24, 2021 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)


HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jan 24, 2021 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jan 24, 2021

Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 01-24-2021, 01:01 AM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jan 24, 2021

Welcome!

This special Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread is for YOU if you are having surgery this week. This thread chat will help you meet others who are having surgery the same week as you, calm your anxiousness, and help answer your last minute questions.

To get started, please introduce yourself, sharing a few things about yourself and your upcoming hysterectomy. Tell us what concerns you have as you prepare for your surgery.

Have patience! Because this is a "COME AND GO" event, check back here during the day for replies with answers, support and hugs from new friends. Our post-op members will be stopping by, too!

As you get to know the other members having surgery this week - you will be meeting up again, after your hysterectomy, in a special thread created just for this week's surgeries in the Post Op Hysterectomy forum.

Please note this thread will close at 11:59 PM Central Time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Unread 01-24-2021, 01:38 AM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jan 24, 2021

Hi Everyone,

I've done a lot of reading, but not really much posting.

My surgery is on Wednesday. I'm having a vaginal partial - uterus and fallopian tubes.

I'm nervous about being put under - I never have before ...

But I'm not nervous about the surgery itself. I'm so thankful it is finally here!

I had a Covid test today and I'm just hoping there isn't some fluke and it comes back positive and I have to re-schedule my surgery!!!
  #3  
Unread 01-24-2021, 05:25 AM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jan 24, 2021

Hi everyone
I am new to this site - it looks like a fantastic resource! I live in Western Australia so a long way from most of you Iím guessing.

My hysterectomy is on Friday 29th Jan. Iím having a total laparoscopic vaginal hysterectomy conserving ovaries providing they look normal.

I am 51 with 3 daughters and need the hysterectomy because I have fibroids and have been heavily bleeding for the best part of 12 months. I wanted to try everything before the hysterectomy but sadly nothing worked.

So here I am, a bit frightened by it, mostly of the complication risk and the long recovery. But I am looking forward to getting my life back and being able to do the simple things in life!

Looking forward to meeting you all online soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Unread 01-24-2021, 07:51 AM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jan 24, 2021

It seems as if you and I have a lot in common. I am also 51 with 2 daughters and I'm having a hysterectomy for the same reason. I explored other options too such as medication but it did not help much. I live in texas and my surgery is also this Friday. I too am nervous, but not about being sedated as I have been before and it's the best sleep you will ever have! I'm worried about pain, gas all those post OP issues. I have read quite a few threads here and some do help. I just have to try not to read about the complications. I hope your surgery goes great! Maybe we can compare notes afterwards. Take care!!


  Quote:
Originally Posted by vborshoff View Post
Hi everyone
I am new to this site - it looks like a fantastic resource! I live in Western Australia so a long way from most of you Iím guessing.

My hysterectomy is on Friday 29th Jan. Iím having a total laparoscopic vaginal hysterectomy conserving ovaries providing they look normal.

I am 51 with 3 daughters and need the hysterectomy because I have fibroids and have been heavily bleeding for the best part of 12 months. I wanted to try everything before the hysterectomy but sadly nothing worked.

So here I am, a bit frightened by it, mostly of the complication risk and the long recovery. But I am looking forward to getting my life back and being able to do the simple things in life!

Looking forward to meeting you all online soon
  #5  
Unread 01-24-2021, 08:38 AM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jan 24, 2021

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetteet5555 View Post
It seems as if you and I have a lot in common. I am also 51 with 2 daughters and I'm having a hysterectomy for the same reason. I explored other options too such as medication but it did not help much. I live in texas and my surgery is also this Friday. I too am nervous, but not about being sedated as I have been before and it's the best sleep you will ever have! I'm worried about pain, gas all those post OP issues. I have read quite a few threads here and some do help. I just have to try not to read about the complications. I hope your surgery goes great! Maybe we can compare notes afterwards. Take care!!
My surgery is also this Friday. Same reasons but they are taking everything. Iím 55 with no children. They may have to revert to an abdominal procedure if the fibroids are too large to remove vaginally. The fear of the unknown is what is bothering me. Hoping everything goes as planned with no complications.
  #6  
Unread 01-24-2021, 12:03 PM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jan 24, 2021

Hi all,
So glad to find this website and get so much information from everyone. Iím 42, Iím scheduling to have Robotic assist laparoscopy hysterectomy this Wed. due to Endometriosis stage IV and some other complications. So pretty much my uterus, cervix, ovaries are going to be out. Because my Endo situation is severe, my doctor will not give me any HRT for 3-6 month in order to quite down the endo that canít be seen. Iím really nervous about the surgical menopause after the procedure. Iím currently on Orilissa to lower my estrogen level, iíve already experiencing hot flashes, sweat etc. but iím worry if the symptoms will be worse after the actual procedure. Anyway, during these 3-6 month with no hormone, anything i can do to help ease those menopause symptoms? Thank you!
  #7  
Unread 01-24-2021, 01:25 PM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jan 24, 2021

  Quote:
Originally Posted by becky_l View Post
Hi all,
So glad to find this website and get so much information from everyone. Iím 42, Iím scheduling to have Robotic assist laparoscopy hysterectomy this Wed. due to Endometriosis stage IV and some other complications. So pretty much my uterus, cervix, ovaries are going to be out. Because my Endo situation is severe, my doctor will not give me any HRT for 3-6 month in order to quite down the endo that canít be seen. Iím really nervous about the surgical menopause after the procedure. Iím currently on Orilissa to lower my estrogen level, iíve already experiencing hot flashes, sweat etc. but iím worry if the symptoms will be worse after the actual procedure. Anyway, during these 3-6 month with no hormone, anything i can do to help ease those menopause symptoms? Thank you!
Wow no hrt? Sounds cruel to me. I am currently on biote pellets and I really love them. They stopped my night sweats and hot flashes and helped in many areas of my life. I really hate that you cannot have any kind of hrt. I hope things go well for you. Sorry I don't have any suggestions because I haven't been thru it. I will keep you in my prayers.
  #8  
Unread 01-24-2021, 04:03 PM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jan 24, 2021

  Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaBeeinCA View Post
Hi Everyone,

I've done a lot of reading, but not really much posting.

My surgery is on Wednesday. I'm having a vaginal partial - uterus and fallopian tubes.

I'm nervous about being put under - I never have before ...

But I'm not nervous about the surgery itself. I'm so thankful it is finally here!

I had a Covid test today and I'm just hoping there isn't some fluke and it comes back positive and I have to re-schedule my surgery!!!

Melissa. I understand being nervous about the anesthesia ... itís the part I hate the most. You will be able to Talk to the Anesthesiologist before surgery ... please donít hesitate to voice your concerns. They can give you something to help you relax before surgery. You are not alone dear ... we are here each step of the way.

on your surgery.

  #9  
Unread 01-24-2021, 04:45 PM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jan 24, 2021

Hi Ladies,
I am scheduled for Friday, January 29th. Laparoscopic, keeping one ovary provided it looks ok. Having procedure because it's been giving me grief plus there's a familial risk for ovarian cancer. Let's get rid of one of the ovaries and cut the risk in half right?

I go for the COVID test on Wednesday and honestly am more nervous about that right now!
I was rescheduled from Dec to now already and don't want that to happen again.

Hoping recovery is smooth and quick!
  #10  
Unread 01-24-2021, 05:19 PM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jan 24, 2021

  Quote:
Originally Posted by vborshoff View Post
Hi everyone
I am new to this site - it looks like a fantastic resource! I live in Western Australia so a long way from most of you Iím guessing.

My hysterectomy is on Friday 29th Jan. Iím having a total laparoscopic vaginal hysterectomy conserving ovaries providing they look normal.

I am 51 with 3 daughters and need the hysterectomy because I have fibroids and have been heavily bleeding for the best part of 12 months. I wanted to try everything before the hysterectomy but sadly nothing worked.

So here I am, a bit frightened by it, mostly of the complication risk and the long recovery. But I am looking forward to getting my life back and being able to do the simple things in life!

Looking forward to meeting you all online soon
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetteet5555 View Post
It seems as if you and I have a lot in common. I am also 51 with 2 daughters and I'm having a hysterectomy for the same reason. I explored other options too such as medication but it did not help much. I live in texas and my surgery is also this Friday. I too am nervous, but not about being sedated as I have been before and it's the best sleep you will ever have! I'm worried about pain, gas all those post OP issues. I have read quite a few threads here and some do help. I just have to try not to read about the complications. I hope your surgery goes great! Maybe we can compare notes afterwards. Take care!!
ladies ... were so glad you found us. It is normal to be nervous ... surgery can be a scary thing. HysterSisters has a wealth of info available to you. Try not to read or listen to horror stories ... those who are having a hard time will share more than those who arenít.

vborshoff: We all heal at different rates dear. Following your post op restrictions (no pushing, no pulling, no bending, and no lifting over a gallon of milk) will help in the healing process.


Sweetteet5555: Concern about pain is one many of us have had. The goal of your medical team will to have your pain under control. They will ask you how your pain is on a scale of 1-10. If your meds are not controlling it, let them know. Once you are home, try to keep ahead of your pain by taking your meds on time. Many doctors recommend taking ibuprofen in between pain meds.

Try to get GasX before surgery ... the intestinal gas can hit hard after they were poked and prodded during surgery. Moist heat can help CO2 gas pain.

Best wishes on your surgery.


Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register




Thread Tools

Forum Jump



Advertisement

Hysterectomy News

March 4,2021

CURRENT NEWS

HysterSisters Takes On Partner To Manage Continued Growth And Longevity
I have news that is wonderful and exciting! This week’s migration wasn’t a typical migration - from one set ... News Archive

TODAY'S EVENTS

Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays


Request Information


I am a HysterSister

HYSTERECTOMY STORIES

Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours

FOLLOW US


Your Hysterectomy Date


CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  


$vbulletin->featuredvideos is not an array!
Advertisement


Advertisement