8 days until my surgery. (children mentioned) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 days until my surgery. (children mentioned) 8 days until my surgery. (children mentioned)

Unread 10-22-2009, 12:05 PM
Re: 8 days until my surgery. (children mentioned)

This is a very tough time, waiting for the hyst and trying to figure out what it all means and who you will be when it's over. For me, it was the scariest thing I ever faced and now, 10 weeks later, it was the best thing I ever did!

There's a pre-op chat tonight and I encourage you all to join and ask questions. You will learn a lot. I was fortunate to find this site just before my surgery and there was a pre-op chat the night before. It helped me so much!

The ladies on here are wonderful and you will find so much support here. Best wishes to you all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2009, 12:10 PM

I am hoping that after my surgery on Tuesday, I will feel MORE like a woman. God knows, I haven't felt much like a woman lately - intercourse hurts, I don't want my husband to touch me because I seem to always be bleeding, I am constantly snippy with my kids. I pray that I will FEEL better after and want to be more intimate with my husband and less stressed with my kids. I want to feel "sexy" again. Does this sound stupid?!?!
Unread 10-22-2009, 12:42 PM

I guess none of our feelings about this topic are stupid and none of us are alone or this forum wouldnt be here. Perspectives and lifestyle vary and so will our emotions on how we prepare and deal with the hyst. In the end, we all want to feel better and get well whatever that means in each individual situation.
Fears - hopes - questions - success stories - whatever it may be, Im so glad I found this forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2009, 02:57 PM

I can't imagine going through all of this at your age, but I will say this, celebrate your children! And think of how great things will be when you don't have to worry about always carrying around pads/tampons....and that you will not have all that pain any more...Take this time to take care of yourself! Without all the pain you will be amazed at how much better you will feel!

Plan a ceremony to say goodbye to your uterus/cervix...I am, I have started writing down my feelings about loosing my pieces/parts and will be burrying it in the back yard....we have ceremonies for the loss of everything else....so I figured why not my hysterectomy...it's a chance to say good-bye to the old life and start fresh!

good luck, I'll be praying for you
Unread 10-22-2009, 08:56 PM

Hi - My surgery isn't until 11/19 and I have 2nd guessed this whole decision too while I'm waiting - But reading everyone's stories I too am hoping that once this is done and I'm recovering I will feel better than I have in years. I'm 51 and know I won't be having any more children, but I will still feel sadness at losing my uterus - But I take comfort in being able to access this website and "talk" to so many strong loving, helpful women - It's been a Godsend for me. I only have one son who's 28 years old now, and while I sometimes regret not having any more kids, I'm blessed to have him in my life. When I told him about having to have a hysterectomy he said, "Mom you will still be the same person you always were to me. So what if you're missing an internal organ or two?" I think he was trying to make me laugh...Hang in there - {{hugs}}
Unread 10-23-2009, 01:39 PM

oh my....I'm going thru the same emotions. I'm the caregiver and I'm the one that is there for everyone else - I don't have anyone to come in the mornings to get my kids up and ready for school and to get them out, and then back in the evenings. The thought (worry) of all of this is much worse than the thought of the surgery. I'm scheduled for TSH 11/3. But, somehow, we will make it thru. have to.
Unread 10-23-2009, 02:02 PM

I completely understand the emotions you all r feeling about losing your uterus. I had my TVH 10-14-09... I've been an emotional crabby wreck most of the time, but it has gotten better.

I am going thru the grieving process about losing my uterus... after all it gave me 4 beautiful children... something I will never be able to do again... although I didn't want to... I still feel sad. It's a part of my life that is completed... and it IS sad... it's ok to feel sad about it.

I'm so glad I can talk to people that can relate... my family tries... but I know they are sick of me talking about it all the time.

Thank you so much sisters!

Lisa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register