Hysterectomy 10 Years Ago, now facing 4th Surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy 10 Years Ago, now facing 4th Surgery Hysterectomy 10 Years Ago, now facing 4th Surgery

Unread 03-03-2021, 07:51 PM
Unhappy - Hysterectomy 10 Years Ago, now facing 4th Surgery Hysterectomy 10 Years Ago, now facing 4th Surgery

Hello everyone,

Not sure how this works so please bare with me.

I'm 49 and I had a hysterectomy in 2011. Due to all the scar in my abdominal area because of prior surgeries they were not able to do it laparoscopically. Both ovaries were left. Within that same year I had 3 additional abdominal surgeries including taking out 1 ovary. Now 10 years later, I have a large cyst on my only ovary and because of the additional scar tissue that the surgeries caused in my abdominal area, doctors are reluctant and told me if they do surgery to remove the ovary (cyst) some other organs may be damaged but the cyst is really big and extremely painful. Has anyone been in this position? Or does anyone have any advice? Sorry for the long story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2021, 03:57 PM
Re: Hysterectomy 10 Years Ago, now facing 4th Surgery

Hi and welcome,

I am truly sorry I don’t have personal experience to share with you, but I certainly can imagine how stressed you must feel.

If it were me, I would seek several other opinions, especially from a uro-gyn. Hopefully, another pair of eyes may have different suggestions to offer.

Please take care and keep us updated.

Best of luck on your journey - we are here for you

Marcia
❤️
Unread 03-20-2021, 10:53 PM

im so sorry for your pain. I’m going through something similar! 3 years ago they tried a laproscopic hysterectomy but it ended up being a total abdominal due to extensive adhesions. They left my ovaries in. In 2019 they had to remove my left ovary due to abnormal cysts ...although my right one was hurting .. it was done laparoscopically but due to the adhesions it took 4 hours ... and my Dr ( ob/gyn) had to call in general surgeons to help get through my bowels ( my ovary was not where but should’ve been) I’ve had pain from ovarian cysts on the Rt ovary for many years. She couldn’t even locate it while in there for the left one. The pain is now constant, flares to a 10 during ovulation, and any sustained movement also causes severe flares. I’ve had US, CT , PT, and a general surgeon , back to my gyn and my PC doc. General census is i have adhesions from previous surgeries, my Rt ovary is encased in scar tissue, and the scar tissue has attached it to the pelvis wall along with some bowel and nerves. Every movement or the growth of cysts pulls it. My PC finally sent me to a MIGS surgeon. He did explain the risks of nicking a bowel or a ureter and other possible complications and sudden menopause , but in his words “ this is what i do....” It’s minimally invasive gynecological surgery , and they deal a lot with difficult cases
After two years of running from test to test to Dr to Dr , my surgery is set up for 6 weeks.They are putting lighted stents in my ureter so that won’t be nicked , and he’s going to remove the adhesions and my ovary .... Maybe you have a MIGS Dr in your area??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2021, 06:57 AM

I am so sorry you dear ladies are suffering so.

Please keep us updated.

We wish you peace during these trying times.

❤️

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register