Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 11-Jan 17,2021 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 11-Jan 17,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 11-Jan 17,2021

Unread 01-19-2021, 08:30 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 11-Jan 17,2021

Hi Ladies:

I cannot stress enough to take it easy during the first couple of weeks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2021, 08:42 AM

Was able to drive this morning on a short trip. Also wearing stretchy jeans for the first time since surgery.
Unread 01-19-2021, 06:49 PM

Surgery was on the 15th. It was pushed back several hours so I opted to stay the night. Fortunate that I did since I do have issues that were highly exacerbated by surgery stress. I've never had blood pressure or sugars that high! Anyway, I was very lucky. When I woke up, I saw that I had only 3 holes! The hospital took awesome care of me with an injection for the nausea, BP meds and insulin (never had it before) when needed. Pain pills, and stuff for gas every 4 hours. I was actually hungry for dinner and ate well.

My surgeon called today to tell me the results of the pathology - free and clear - everything benign, but the size of some of those fibroids... wow. Official weight of that ugly mass that was trying to bleed me to death - 750g.

Cats are boarded to the end of the week and I'm about to fix myself some dinner and might just wash my hair!

Hope everyone else recovering well. Love to all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2021, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBecks View Post
Was able to drive this morning on a short trip. Also wearing stretchy jeans for the first time since surgery.
Sweet! Glad you are recovering well.
Unread 01-19-2021, 07:39 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 11-Jan 17,2021

TAH post op day 7. I know everyone is different, but I was wondering if there were week-by-week guidance tips regarding where the average person should be in the recovery process? For example, time moving vs time in bed? I'm taking it slowly, but I want to make sure I'm not taking it too slowly. How do you gauge?
Unread 01-19-2021, 11:48 PM

Day 5 post op: Tired, still have a bubbly tummy, still coughing lightly up phlegm, tissue like passing doc said was normal, today noticed that my vein that they put the iv in is hard and sore just past my wrist, never had that happen before. Glued incision sites are starting to get a little itchy. Sleeping horrible past two days. Good news, pathology came back squamous cells again and two paratubal cysts on both Fallopian tubes BUT everything is removed and no further treatment
Unread 01-20-2021, 03:17 AM

Robotic/laparoscopic hysterectomy kept my ovaries on Jan 13. My recovery has been difficult and I spiked a fever on Monday evening. The pain accompanying made me cry. Not controlled with tylenol so the surgeon had me come to the ER (where ive been for 7+ hours so far). They’ve ruled out a tear in the vaginal cuff or vagina sutures. I just had a CT scan to check for infection. Luckily they’ve given me pain meds and it’s the first time I’ve been pain free. Except during the vagina exams. The pain was excruciating and I screamed out loud. So unlike me. I’m sure they’ll get to the bottom of it but it’s been a rough night.
Unread 01-20-2021, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferSlatt76 View Post
Robotic/laparoscopic hysterectomy kept my ovaries on Jan 13. My recovery has been difficult and I spiked a fever on Monday evening. The pain accompanying made me cry. Not controlled with tylenol so the surgeon had me come to the ER (where ive been for 7+ hours so far). They’ve ruled out a tear in the vaginal cuff or vagina sutures. I just had a CT scan to check for infection. Luckily they’ve given me pain meds and it’s the first time I’ve been pain free. Except during the vagina exams. The pain was excruciating and I screamed out loud. So unlike me. I’m sure they’ll get to the bottom of it but it’s been a rough night.
Oh my goodness, you poor thing. I cant even imagine what you are going through. I'm thinking about you and saying prayers that they figure things out ASAP.
Unread 01-20-2021, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvene View Post
Surgery was on the 15th. It was pushed back several hours so I opted to stay the night. Fortunate that I did since I do have issues that were highly exacerbated by surgery stress. I've never had blood pressure or sugars that high! Anyway, I was very lucky. When I woke up, I saw that I had only 3 holes! The hospital took awesome care of me with an injection for the nausea, BP meds and insulin (never had it before) when needed. Pain pills, and stuff for gas every 4 hours. I was actually hungry for dinner and ate well.

My surgeon called today to tell me the results of the pathology - free and clear - everything benign, but the size of some of those fibroids... wow. Official weight of that ugly mass that was trying to bleed me to death - 750g.

Cats are boarded to the end of the week and I'm about to fix myself some dinner and might just wash my hair!

Hope everyone else recovering well. Love to all.
Great news on your path report.

When your cats are back, put a firm pillow over your abdomen rather than have them jump directly onto your belly.
Unread 01-20-2021, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferSlatt76 View Post
I'm so sorry you're having complications. I hope that the pain control is successful and that your fever comes down. It sounds like they're doing the right things.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register