Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 08-Mar 14,2021 - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 08-Mar 14,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 08-Mar 14,2021

Unread 03-16-2021, 10:21 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 08-Mar 14,2021

Well I just teased my fool self... I had a walk to my koi pond... My flowers isn't blooming quite yet, walked to my greenhouse, and now i got planting fever. Unless my family helps i won't have a garden this year (can't get on the ground) oh well guess there's farmers markets!

I called my Dr, he said it sounds like it's healing down there for me not to worry about it. I think im gonna have my daughter take a chair outside for me and sit in the sun! Need some sun therapy! My husband and son is working on their muscle car. So ill just watch (micromanage!) LOL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2021, 10:22 AM

blue boot,

So glad to have you join us. Wow that sounds like lots they removed from inside you. Glad you are being able to get around slowly. If you feel like the binder would be beneficial to keep things from jiggling inside as you increase you walking you might want to wear a thin tank top under it to keep it from rubbing. With how much they removed it might be a bit roomy in there and could cause your other innards some stress with movement. I would keep doing as you are to let the area to the air when you are being still.

Ella, glad you are being able to overcome the urge to be busy. I do think that in these first weeks it is important. So

Sister Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 03-16-2021, 01:38 PM

Hi ladies,
I have been reading messages and updates on here but this is my first post. I had a lap assisted vaginal hysterectomy & salpingectomy on March 8th. I had multiple fibroids, the largest being 15x15cm. My uterus in total weight 2 lbs and was either the largest or 2nd largest my surgeon had removed in his 24 yrs of practice Fortunately, all benign.
I was on narcotics for about 36 hrs after surgery and have been taking ibuprofen since, and titrating down to just as needed. That said, yesterday night I thought "today would have been a good day to take ibuprofen." I think I am accustomed to just toughing pain out a bit too much. My abdomen was visibly smaller the day after surgery and my gas pains resolved in about 5 days.

I am curious about other's experiences with discomfort at this point, specifically in the perineum area. I have been taking a laxative but wondering if a stool softener would be better. Even after my bowels are empty, the best way I could describe my pain is like there is a rock in my perineum. Reclining on the couch is comfortable, but sitting at the table or in the car (even with a cushy pad) is uncomfortable (I also put a throw pillow on my belly under my seat belt). Does this sound familiar to anyone? I do have a recheck with my doc tomorrow so I will also be asking him about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2021, 02:11 PM

fierce grace,

So glad you decided to join in. Yay, for benign. Yes the rock in your perineum is a good way to describe the pressure from the swelling and congestion in that area. Reclining is the best position and puts less pressure there. Sitting straight up as at a desk or at a table is very hard for many of us. Just like standing as opposed to gentle walking. Think it would be better for healing to avoid long periods in that position for a few weeks. My DH took me to dinner after a couple of weeks and we had to box our meals and come home early. Along with this advice I also suggest thinking a little different about anti inflammation meds. They can be helpful even when there isn’t lots of pain because they help reduce swelling which can cause impaired circulation. And at this point in healing good circulation is important. Hope all this make sense!

Gentle Hugs
Anndy
Unread 03-16-2021, 03:36 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 08-Mar 14,2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorrieReese View Post
Well I just teased my fool self... I had a walk to my koi pond... My flowers isn't blooming quite yet, walked to my greenhouse, and now i got planting fever. Unless my family helps i won't have a garden this year (can't get on the ground) oh well guess there's farmers markets!

I called my Dr, he said it sounds like it's healing down there for me not to worry about it. I think im gonna have my daughter take a chair outside for me and sit in the sun! Need some sun therapy! My husband and son is working on their muscle car. So ill just watch (micromanage!) LOL

My mom told me to go sit outside today and drink my coffee and it actually was really great to just sit in the sun and get out of the house! Good idea!
Unread 03-16-2021, 03:42 PM

[quote=DorrieReese;1527822033]Butter cups are bloomin here and man... The sneezing is insane! More and more glue is coming off my incisions. I ain't picking it. I've been insanely hungry. All in all i feel ok. But man them sneezing fits...[/QUOTE

Get a pillow and have it next to you for the sole purpose of coughing in to it! The same thing happened to me yesterday ouch! I took a Claritin and got my fuzzy pillow and it is now with me at all times!
Unread 03-16-2021, 04:17 PM

Hello hello!

I don't have pain in the perineum area per se, but when I'm sitting on the toilet waiting for poop to happen (even with my feet up on a stool) I can feel something uncomfortable (like pressure I guess?) inside my rectum. Nothing major, just a "hey that's a new feeling I don't like" kinda thing.

I can sit up (though I don't do it too long because of the pressure it puts on the pelvic floor) but I mostly recline during the day when I'm not pacing the floor around the house.

A lot has been done all up in that area. We're all still in the earliest stages of recovery and I keep reminding myself of that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce grace View Post
Hi ladies,

I am curious about other's experiences with discomfort at this point, specifically in the perineum area. I have been taking a laxative but wondering if a stool softener would be better. Even after my bowels are empty, the best way I could describe my pain is like there is a rock in my perineum. Reclining on the couch is comfortable, but sitting at the table or in the car (even with a cushy pad) is uncomfortable (I also put a throw pillow on my belly under my seat belt). Does this sound familiar to anyone? I do have a recheck with my doc tomorrow so I will also be asking him about it.
Unread 03-17-2021, 06:24 AM

Good morning! Today will be my 7th (8th if not counting day of) day, and this morning I had SO MUCH energy and felt SO GOOD that I over-did it a little with the cleanin' and picking up. It wasn't much but it was enough for my body to say "Nope, that was bad, sit down now". Whoops.

I'm fine, it's fine. Everything is fineeee.

Aside from that, nothing else to report, I've been pretty lazy up to this point, honestly. Everything ( I hope) is healing like it should, the only discomfort I feel these days is when I need to urinate or poop and boy does my body let me know it. Much more than before. Maybe some pressure if I'm up too long, but that's about it.

I hope everyone is doing well, too!
Unread 03-17-2021, 08:04 AM

Ladies all,

Hope all are feel just a little better today!

Thought maybe I would try and define what I mean when I say go slow. When you are active, make it not stressful on the lower ab, nothing jiggly or straining or bending. Do things in short intervals with reclining time so those feet can be up between chores. Do things that are open ended so you can stop and sit if the fatigue hits. Accept help from friends and family. General rest more than you think you need.

And of course still frequently, healthy food,

Sister Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 03-17-2021, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noe_lam View Post
My mom told me to go sit outside today and drink my coffee and it actually was really great to just sit in the sun and get out of the house! Good idea!
Well my dad and his wife showed up... I got up for a few minutes to go to the bathroom, and to my wondering eyes should appear, but his wife done plopped her big butt in my seat!!! I'm like ummm I need that seat! She said "you should be fine now to stand, when i had my partial hysterectomy, i was good in a couple of weeks" OMYGOSH!!! Really?! I done jumped on her, my neighbors heard me! My dad was a laughing and told her to GET UP that she's not you, and also she had a more of a traumatic surgery than you did!

This woman, ugh. She's a legit hypochondriac! They have it in her file at the ER! She always compares me to her! She's ugh! She's always taking way too much pain medication that she falls asleep with a cigarette or on her computer keyboard!

Sorry yall. I just needed to vent!

So my husband is at Wal-Mart!! That's gonna be a site! So I narrowed it down to where I have a tickling sensation when I pee... It's not where i pee from.. It's the OTHER place! Weird...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register