Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 80 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

donna47...

I had my tah one day after you....on the 21st. I have been feeling just like you the past few days. Wondering why i'm not further along with my recovery, BUT I am having a better day today, and you will have a good day soon too!! Just hang in there... our bodies have been through ALOT and they just take time to heal. I'll say a little prayer for you!!

Soprano.. good luck at your reh tonight. I can't IMAGINE going to a 2.5 hr. reh yet!! You GO girl!! :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2008, 02:49 PM

Hi Donna 47,

My doc described it as instead of a steady projection upward in recovery, it's more like a jagged line going back and forth, 2 steps forward, one step back! Don't be hard on yourself, you're not a baby, you had major surgery! Anethesia alone is a killer, not to mention the loss of body parts! You're doing great! Rest when you need to, and the days will come when you feel better again! We had surgery on the same day, and I'm just coming out of 4 really lousy days. It's so good to feel like myself again, slower, but at least I'm out of bed and not napping all day!

Today was a good day, I cleaned my house, caught up on laundry, had to chase my escaped dog around the neighborhood (that was a little rough!) Tonight I'm cooking, and nobody better mess up my clean house!

For you 2 who sing, I envey you! I wish I had a talent like that!
Later girls,
K
Unread 01-15-2008, 03:47 PM

I dont need it for pain, but just had a thought- since idrophofan (sp) helps with swelling.
Have those of you who are still taking the motrin - does it helps at all with the swelly belly?

Thats really the only thing bothering me yet... well that and i want to do something other than walk! patience...is a virtue i have not aquired.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2008, 04:01 PM

Ibuprofen didn't help with my swelly belly. I also bought a binder, and I don't like it, cuz it makes my big butt stick out. Oh well. Not sure I can get a refund on it...
Unread 01-15-2008, 04:32 PM

Went to the YMCA after work - walked SLOWLY for 1/2 hour - did only a mile. but, felt good to do something other than sit on the couch. And (I didn't know it before) if you take headphones, you can watch lifetime movies while on the treadmill!

I found that the walking helped with my stiff back - maybe it was stiff from NOT doing anything? I am NOT an exerciser - but got roped into in and am glad now - may help me sleep tonight.
Unread 01-15-2008, 04:46 PM

I haven't noticed if the ibuprofen helps with my swelly belly, because I usually only take it at night after i've done a little too much to help sleep. My belly is always better in the mornings, so i assumed it was from the rest, not the ibuprofen. However, it makes sense that it might help too!!

Looking forward to American Idol starting tonight.... that one always makes me laugh... especially in the beginning stages with all the funny auditions...and I can use some good laughs!
Unread 01-15-2008, 04:49 PM

Avak, walking is the best. I am hoping my dr. gives me ok for treadmill on thursday- so far only the track for me.
round and round i go....

soprano and annie - thanks for your input on Ibuprofen... maybe ill try some tonight for giggles. Im grasping at straws on this belly thing i guess.
and too funny on the butt issue... I know it doesnt seem that way- but i dont have any behind- which seriously, causes me just as many problems- just differently.
Unread 01-15-2008, 05:33 PM

Donna47- I had my sugery the same day as you did and I too have good days and bad days. You will get there you have just had major surgery and right now you just have to listen to your body...rest when you feel like you need to and walk when you can. I will keep you in my thoughts. take care and give yourself a break.

Annie1998 thanks for the reminder about American idol being on tonight...I too love watching the really bad people...I can't sing at all and you would never catch me doing something like that....good for them for having the guts to try....but it is still so funny. I could use a good laugh for the night it is so good for the soul and our healing bodies. I think my daughters and I will make some popcorn and enjoy some good laughter tonight.
I hope everyone else is having a good night take care and happy dreams to all.

Deb
TAH 12/20/07
Unread 01-15-2008, 05:41 PM

I already told my son if you need help with math make it before American Idol, I need some good laughing. My sciatica is really annoying me and the mortin doesn't seem to be helping that. I wanted to go see my chiro, but he wanted to be sure the doc would release me for the treatment, by the time everyone coordinated it was too late for today and I have the appointment in the morning. I think I iwll take 2 Tylenol PM, maybe that will help the sciatica, or at least help me sleep.

Fit and ready, do you do squats? Has that helped your behind? I was out for a couple of hours today, in and out of the car, up and down my stairs, but have not yet done a chunk of time for exercise... like 20 min of walking. I keep wanting to go and do that indoors but alsways find something else instead. for anyone who recently went back to walking on treadmill, does it hurt, is it too bouncy??? - Suzyq
Unread 01-15-2008, 06:08 PM

That's rough, to get the flu and then bronchitis after abdominal surgery. I'm so sorry! All I got was a bladder infection and a colitis flare up that is the worst I've ever had. That was actually worse than the surgery!! But, I'm glad you're starting to feel better

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register