pre-op today - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-30-2007, 03:11 PM
pre-op today

This is my first post...I have my pre-op tomorrow. I am BRCA1+, anyone else has this genetic condition? Having the TAH/BSO next Wednesday...very nervous, emotional, but hiding it from family...not sure why.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2007, 08:05 PM
pre-op today

Thanks for all the replies! I am an emotional wreck lately!
Despite it all we had an ok anniversary evening; steak on the grill for supper, but the best part was watching my dh play w/ the kids

I should be upstairs right now w/ my dh, but just don't want to be, I know that sounds terrible, but I am very emotional right now and my ovaries feel like I have knives going in and out of them.

I also cleaned like a madwoman today, lifted and moved furniture and swept underneath, dusted everything I could get my hands on; gosh I felt like I was nesting. Speaking of, I do not have the slightest idea of what to get around for my recovery area at home....any suggestions? It will have to be on the couch, because our bedroom is upstairs.

ok, I'm done now, I am taking a pill and going to bed.
Thanks and goodnight!
I love all my sisters!

s!
Unread 08-31-2007, 07:56 AM
pre-op today

Suz73....the best thing I found to be the biggest help was my Mom bought over one of those metal "old lady" (forgive me) walkers with the four legs that I was able to lean on as I slowly got around the first few days...also a sturdy chair next to the couch to lean on that won't tip to aide in helping you get up...a little basket w/all your medications next to you....not sure how old your children are..mine is 6 and was a BIG HELPER, but I made sure to have everything in the pantry/fridge at waist level for me to have easy access to without lifting...cereal/snacks/pb&j/bread/coffee/filters..ect..I also for the first week bought quarts of milk and individual bottles of water so nothing was too heavy, to use and put them on the middle shelf of fridge so I did not have to stretch to reach....these were just few of things that I thought were the biggest help...good luck...and although I am sure you heard it before, the waiting is the worst part!!!
Unread 08-31-2007, 11:17 AM
pre-op today

huesgal, we have the same surgery date and then same mess! I told my dh that he needs to help me get in clean so I can recover without looking at any mess. My dh is a much better cleaner than me- I do the straightening and he does the deep down and dirty cleaning...lol he even has knee pads he wears when he scrubs the floors.
Unread 08-31-2007, 12:00 PM
pre-op today

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenmk
This is my first post...I have my pre-op tomorrow. I am BRCA1+, anyone else has this genetic condition? Having the TAH/BSO next Wednesday...very nervous, emotional, but hiding it from family...not sure why.
jnemk - my stepdaughter is also BRCA1 positive, and she had breast cancer two years ago, with a lumpectomy, chemo and radiation. Got the BRCA test results about a year ago, and her doc. recommended the hysterectomy - hers was laproscopic, and she came thru it well. One thing she did say was she was such a nervous wreck prior to the breast surgery (understandably, as her mom died of breast cancer at 46) so prior to the hysterectomy she asked the doctor for anti-anxiety drugs - she said it made a world of difference, so this might be something for you to consider as well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register