32 and having TAHBO tomorrow | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

32 and having TAHBO tomorrow 32 and having TAHBO tomorrow

Unread 05-02-2007, 03:04 PM
32 and having TAHBO tomorrow

Hello. My name is Stacy and I live in Michigan. I have 2 small children (girl age 6, boy age 2 1/2). Tomorrow at 12:30EST I am scheduled for a total abdominal hysterectomy and tumor debulking (10cm cystic mass covering left ovary). We don't know whether it's cancer until we go in, obviously. I was diagnosed with borderline ovarian cancer at the age of 23. Since then I've gone through infertility treatments including IVF to have my two children. I'm currently running in and out of the bathroom thanks to the bowel prep (fleet phospha soda). I'm a nervous wreck and completely nauseous, nervous, nuts!
I am so glad I found this site. I plan on looking around and hopefully getting to know everyone here.
This will be my 3rd laparotomy. I've also had two c-sections with my pregnancies. I'm not a newbie to the operating room, but this hysterectomy stuff is pretty intimidating.

Stacy in Mich
age 32
TAHBO May 3, 2007
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2007, 03:08 PM

Good luck tomorrow, Stacy! I hope and pray that your mass is benign and surgery goes well. The waiting is the hardest part! Once you get out of the castle you will feel so much better. My son is an IVF/C-section baby as well... Sounds like we have been through alot of the same things! Yuck on the bowel prep... You'll feel better tonight! Promise! Good luck with everything!

Heather

P.S. We LOVE Michigan! We come up there every summer to our lake house outside of Kalamazoo...
Unread 05-02-2007, 05:13 PM

Stacy,
My thoughts are with you. Hey, if you can survive the bowel prep, you can survive anything. Your case sounds similar to mine. The TAH was a possibility to keep in the back of my mind, and I found out as I woke up in recovery. Unlike you though, I am single and have no children. Anyway, the day before surgery I was a wreck, and the prep didn't help matters. Just remember we are here for you!

p.s. I am a former Michigander...I lived in south of Detroit in the 'burbs until I relocated to the Phoenix area 3 1/2 years ago. I had an allergy to snow and cold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2007, 05:22 PM

Stacy, I was born in Michigan and have a cousin in Michigan named Stacy. Small world!! Good luck with your surgery. I'm so glad I had mine and have not regretted it for one minute. I think the bowel prep was the worst!!. I think if we're not nervous there's something wrong. I was shaking like a leaf while being prepped but everything went great and here I am 10 weeks out and feeling great! We'll be thinking of you this week. Lorri
Unread 05-02-2007, 10:23 PM

stacy I will be praying for your surgery and recovery and I pray that they wont find any cancer! Good Luck and
please let us know how you are when your up to it!
God Bless you and your family!
Elaine
Unread 05-04-2007, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacers
Hello. My name is Stacy and I live in Michigan. I have 2 small children (girl age 6, boy age 2 1/2). Tomorrow at 12:30EST I am scheduled for a total abdominal hysterectomy and tumor debulking (10cm cystic mass covering left ovary). We don't know whether it's cancer until we go in, obviously. I was diagnosed with borderline ovarian cancer at the age of 23. Since then I've gone through infertility treatments including IVF to have my two children. I'm currently running in and out of the bathroom thanks to the bowel prep (fleet phospha soda). I'm a nervous wreck and completely nauseous, nervous, nuts!
I am so glad I found this site. I plan on looking around and hopefully getting to know everyone here.
This will be my 3rd laparotomy. I've also had two c-sections with my pregnancies. I'm not a newbie to the operating room, but this hysterectomy stuff is pretty intimidating.

Stacy in Mich
age 32
TAHBO May 3, 2007

I hope your surgery went well and praying they didn't find any cancer.
Please update us how it went when you get the chance.
We will be thinking about you.
Unread 05-04-2007, 09:10 AM

Good luck Stacy. I know how scary this must be, but have faith and prayers will help. This site as you will find out is a life saver, i couldn't believe that other people had the same problems as i had the advice from others really helps.Please let us know how you made out when you are felling better, will be praying for you. I am from Nova Scotia Canada and have never been to the U.S.A but see most users of this site are American. so Good luck and talk later.... Chocolate Chip
Unread 05-04-2007, 09:40 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with you Stacey.
I haven't been through it yet, but I understand the jitters.
Unread 05-04-2007, 12:21 PM

Stacey I will be praying for you!!! Hope all goes well with your surgery...Please keep us updated when you are feeling better..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register