SOS!!!having new problems with my Moon (cycle) and Don't know what to do:NEED HELP! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

SOS!!!having new problems with my Moon (cycle) and Don't know what to do:NEED HELP! SOS!!!having new problems with my Moon (cycle) and Don't know what to do:NEED HELP!

Unread 08-25-2008, 08:03 PM
SOS!!!having new problems with my Moon (cycle) and Don't know what to do:NEED HELP!

Hello everyone, I am so glad to have found this site for a new problem has arisen in my life with my moon that has NOT happened to this level before: SEVERE PAIN/CRAMPING!!! My doctor told me that if the pain doesn't stop in two days time that I have to go in and get a hysterectomy!!! What should I do??? I haven't hardly slept for the last three nights (it started this last Friday morn August 22) on the count of the pain and the Midol she told me to take is NOT helping in the least nor is any of the other pain medicines I am taking (some quite strong for my arthritis and headaches). It is about the same in flow too (it has gotten considerably heavier in the last 6 months though), but it hurts like a dull throbbing to sharp and stabbing pains; bad enough to make me cry it hurts so horribly. It feels a lot like labor pains, but I am not pregnant. I am 42 years old now and am the mother of three sons (they are in their teens now, the eldest is 21 though and on his own). I am REALLY freaking out. How long does it take to recover from a hysterectomy? I am afraid my house will fall to pieces worse than it is right now for school is in cession and Christopher, my middle boy is a senior and is never going to be home to help. I have a house full of plants and animals that need me. I feel like I am going to have a nervous breakdown. I homeschool my youngest boy, perhaps he will be my hero and help his ole Mom out. I KNOW he has NO desire to want to water a ton full of house plants, let alone take up everything else I do here. Does it hurt way bad, the operation??? Maybe it will get better, but what if it is just as bad next month?? I don't want to go thru this pain ever again, let alone every three weeks for a week. I NEVER thought I would face this day so soon in my life. If I do have to go thru with it, I REALLY feel like a huge part of me is going to die!!! Will I get fat, have a libido anymore, have to take hormone shots for the rest of my life??? Oh yeah, I do have a tipped uterus and I was reading about a procedure that would turn it around, but my doctor just wants to do a hysterectomy as she says I will have to sooner or later anyways, is she even right on this? But what if that operation fails and I still hurt and have to have a hysterectomy in the end anyways? Oh what am I to do! I REALLY need some advice as time is ticking away and I am still in LOADS of pain. Another sleepless night looks like and full of tears cause I can't seem to stop my crying. ( Well, THANKS everyone for letting me vent here and for any advice you can send my way!!! I pray each and everyone of you are doing fine; may God be with you all!!!
Sapphira
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2008, 11:24 AM
SOS!!!having new problems with my Moon (cycle) and Don't know what to do:NEED HELP!

Oooh, that's a tough one. But let me say that if you have never had any other "woman" problems other than a tipped uterus, a hysterectomy seems to be too hasty. BUT if you end up having to have one, it is not that bad for most of us. Let the kids water the plants and feed the animals b/c it's time you took care of you, as well , whether you have a hysterectomy or not ; )
Unread 08-26-2008, 11:32 AM

Yes I agree with jen... I dont think you should jump into a hysterectomy just because you have cramps. If you have no other issues besides cramps (I know they hurt) just dont jump into this too fast and do something that you will regret. I'd get a second opinion I've never heard a Dr tell any one they need a hysterectomy just for cramps alone. There could be other things they can do for you. I'm just saying try all your options before you jump into this.

I hope you feel better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2008, 01:53 PM

{{{{Sapphiria}}}},

I haven't had a hyst. (yet-trying to avoid it). However, I've had a few female surgeries that required me to be off my feet for 1 or 2 weeks.

During these times, I was homeschooling my 2 boys. I do have a husband that is helpful, although most of the time needs quite a bit of direction (i.e. I have to point out the obvious, lol). What I have done before my surgeries is make a bare bones list of what needs to happen to maintain the basic household chores. Don't include anything extra, not even things like cleaning the refrigerator, just what needs to happen each day for you and your family to survive, have clean clothes, and not eat spoiled food. I'm a whole-food, granola girl type of cook, but when necessary, I stock up on easy to fix and convenience foods for my family that they can fix themselves. If there's time, I'll fix a few meals and freeze them.

Other than dh, I did have outside help from friends/relatives. Do you have any outside help? If so, definitely use it. You can do the same for someone else when you're all better.

I just want to encourage you not to be overwhelmed. Take every step of the process one step at a time. Hope you're feeling better soon, whatever you decide.

Diana
Unread 08-26-2008, 02:37 PM

Welcome to the site!

First, I would suggest a second opinion before heading into surgery. A hysterectomy is a major, irreversible surgery that is not without risks. So you want to know why you need surgery and that is it the right and best option for your before having it done.

Second, try not to panic. Take a deep breath! For around the house, you could possibly hire a local teenager or pre-teen to come in and help with the plants, animals, and even some house work. And it can be amazing how much our kids do pitch in and help! If nothing else, each child can be responsible for his own laundry, food, etc.

Third, we cannot predict if you will gain weight or not. Some ladies do, some don't. I didn't. Needing HRT will depend on whether or not you are able to keep your ovaries and if they function properly. I kept mine and they work just fine so no HRT for me. My hysterectomy did not affect my libido either.

We all have a different experience, different side effects, different outcomes. I had a lot of surgical complications and ended up with compromised health for several years. Not fun. But a hysterectomy was the right choice for me at the time.

Take some time to weigh your pros and cons and decide what is best for you. Find out what exactly is causing your pain and if there are other less invasive treatment options. Get that second opinion.

In the end we each have to do what is best for us, hoping for success but having knowledge about the risks.

Take care! S
Unread 08-26-2008, 05:31 PM

[b]Shalom everyone and THANKS for all your advice!!! Okay, today I called a gynecologist and am going down to see him this friday at 10:00 a.m. if I can find a ride, still working on that. Out of the blue today my sister Debbie called me whom I haven't talked to since March told me NOT to let them give me a hysterectomy without a second opinion. For one thing my regular "doctor" is a physicans assistance and I know she means well, but in this particular situation, I am going to go to a professional, no doubts about that!!! Hopefully there is nothing seriously wrong and all can be fixed without ANY need to cut me open. Hey that is a good idea on hiring a school girl to come and help if worse comes to worse. I just need to calm down and BREATH, eh??? Well thanks again for calming me down and wish me luck on Friday!!! Be well each and everyone of you!!! Again, so glad to meet all you wonderful women ) !!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register