Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Unread 08-17-2007, 11:07 AM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 13-Aug 20,2007

Just had my surgery (LAVH) 2 days ago. feeling ok so far. just took 1/2 of a vicodin before going to sleep last night. still mildly hurting when walking around,but gets better the longer I walkaround. have this swelly belly,but not sure if i really need some kind of abd binder.

glad everyone is also doing okay. Hope everyone continues with good recovery.

icur3t
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2007, 12:50 PM

I had a TLH on Tuesday. It was suppose to take 2 hours and I was suppose to keep the one ovary I had left, but it took over 3 hours and they took everything. Evidently there was a lot more endometriosis than she expected....ovary was attached to intestines and something was attached to the bladder.

I got to come home Wednesday morning and my boyfriend has been by my side every minute not letting me do or lift anything. I finally got him to leave for awhile today. I am having some really low pelvic pain...not sure if that is where I should be hurting or not? I'm really not sure how long the recovery should be since she had do to do so much more than she expected and so many other parts were involved? Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do or when I should be allowed to do stuff (drive, laundry etc.)

I have a follow-up visit at the doctor on the 29th.

I appreciate any advice ....

Auntj
Unread 08-17-2007, 03:30 PM

Well, it's been about 24 hours since my TAH/BSO and I am doing VERY well! My uterus had VERY thick walls which explained my heavy periods & one of the ovaries had a nasty fibroid on it which explained all the pain I was experiencing. I talked the doc into removing my cath today & I have already gone pee - yeah!
I have been up down the halls of the hospital. My doc says I can go home tomorrow since I am doing so well! I have had trouble passing gas, but I have had 2 BM's so I guess that makes up for it.
I want to thank all of the sisters for all of your support! I am so happy that I came across this site. I will post more tomorrow when I am at home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2007, 06:05 PM
chocolate cysts?

Hi all. I am 48 hours post-op and still at the castle. Can't go home til I pass gas and tummy is hard and rumbly but overall I feel pretty darn good! The doc said I had 'chocolate' cysts (or ovaries, I forget) and I am getting ready to look that up. She said that is very advanced endometriosis and is why I was in so much pain for the last few years. Got my first shower today and was glad to lay back down! They brought me heating pad and I have used it on my back and my tummy and bothfeel so much better. Of course, the combination of percocet and ibuprofin helps as well. My kids have been good so far and I believe they are going to show what champs they are when I get home. Thank goodness!
Will write again after I get home.
Unread 08-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Recovery progress TVH 8-14-07

I stayed two nights at the hospital because the first night I was in so much pain I hardly slept. Since I've been home (yesterday) most of my pain has been from my recto-seal incisions. I started my vivelle dot .0375 today. I'm still waiting on my bm. Maybe tomorrow.
Unread 08-18-2007, 04:00 AM

Hi all
I had total hysterectomy 13/08. I was home in 3 days, I am feeling better than i thought i would, but still very sore and no bm as yet. :eekBeing pampered and walking a little each day.

41 feeling 71 very weepy at times too
Bear
Unread 08-18-2007, 08:59 AM
Day 6

Feeling pretty good. Learned I can't be Superwoman and expect to get a good night's rest without the percosett yet. I also learned that no matter if I'm hungry or not, I need to eat something. My mood went into the toilet yesterday and upon being questioned by the bf, remembered I'd had exactly 2 slices of toast since 6 the night before. Not a good situation to get one's self into at all.
So eating better, not denying the drugs and walking the drive. Tossing the colace today too! It works TOO well! I'm drinking at least 6 24oz bottles of water daily and my hands and toes are still swollen. Love to loose that. I'm told i can attempt to get to work after the holiday, but if the swelling doesn't go down, I'll have to get new clothes to do so!

Glad to hear others are feeling better as time goes on. Keep up the pampering and don't over do and most of all, don't deny yourselves the rest and meds.
Lesson learned,
Sunni
Unread 08-18-2007, 10:58 AM

Got home yesterday after having LSH sceduled for the 16th. They were going to send me home the same day but they could not get the pain undercontrol with jsut oral meds. It's a good things they kept me because by 2:00 am I still could not pee on my own and had to be cathed and I threw up twice. The 17th they started me on oral meds and I was able to pee on my own but I started a 101.0 fever. I jsut wanted to go home by then so I got sent home on oral aintibiotics. I am still taking my pain peds about every 6 hours along with medicine for nausea. I figure tomorrow I will start to take myself off of them. I had a 2 hour ride home for the castle so that killed my comfort level.

Everything went well though. Doctor did find a cyst on the left ovary that they are going to biopsy because it looked suspicios. Doctor took uterur, right tube, right ovary, and part of cervix.

Hope everyone else is doing good!
Unread 08-18-2007, 11:00 AM

In the post-op Hyster web site the info says not to lift anything over 10 pounds. I also read not to drive until you can safely turn at the waist and can press the brake pedal in an emergency and don't carry a laundry basket, it's too heavy. Like you, I am also having low pelvic pain, mostly on the left where the mess of endo was.

Quote:

I got to come home Wednesday morning and my boyfriend has been by my side every minute not letting me do or lift anything. I finally got him to leave for awhile today. I am having some really low pelvic pain...not sure if that is where I should be hurting or not? I'm really not sure how long the recovery should be since she had do to do so much more than she expected and so many other parts were involved? Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do or when I should be allowed to do stuff (drive, laundry etc.)

I have a follow-up visit at the doctor on the 29th.

I appreciate any advice ....

Auntj
Unread 08-18-2007, 01:03 PM
5th day post op/TAH

I guess I overdid it yesterday because I am in pain today. I did have a bm yesterday, which I feared, but it didn't hurt at all. Had another one today.

I woke on my stomach again. Maybe that is helping with the gas during the night and I am unaware of when it passes....haha.

My daughter has been a Godsend but is going home today. She has been here a week and lives 5 hours away. She has kept me laughing the whole time.....before surgery, post op in the hosptial and here at home.

The only problem I still have is getting in and out of bed, but that is easier too. I would advise anyone facing surgery to practice this before hand.

Glad everyone seems to be doing fine. Hang in there!

Brenda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register