Surgery tomorrow | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery tomorrow Surgery tomorrow

Unread 12-19-2002, 08:31 AM
Surgery tomorrow

Well Sisters:

My TVH, RSO with A & P repair is tomorrow at 8 am. I took a half day at work today and am at home cleaning, wrapping presents and trying not to worry.

I feel like I have too much on my shoulders having it done so close to Christmas... but they tell me it can't wait soooo....

The MD said to pick up my pain meds for home tonight so they will be at the ready when I get home. May stay one night or two can't be sure.

I took a laxative last night and will eat a light supper tonight (nothing gassy) and I guess I will be prepared.

Anyone have any last minute tips???

Will let you all know how it went when I get home.

Thanks for all your support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2002, 08:53 AM
In This together

Hi Sparkeay,

Tomorrrow's my day too so I guess we are kind of in this together, I still haven't been told how they are going to do the surgery (will sure know today after the pre-op though).

I can totally understand the overwhelming feeling, it isn't the best time in the world to have this done is it? There is just way to much going on, but we'll both get through this.

Hoping to hear from you when you get home!
Good Luck, will be thinking of you!

Karen
Unread 12-19-2002, 09:09 AM
Surgery tomorrow

s, Sparkeay! You'll do great! I don't know what kind of hyst. you'll have so I can't be very specific, but I can tell you to take it very easy during your recovery - never, never overdo! It doesn't take much to overdo. Watch that you don't reach up or bend down. After a while, I was able to squat down *slowly*. Remember your Princess training - lots of rest, lots to drink, and short walks each day. I felt better having someone with me when I did stairs and had my walks when I was in early recovery. If someone can bring you dinner, that's always nice! Don't be concerned about the condition of the house or making big meals - as long as someone can take over the cooking for you, even a sandwich and soup is wonderful!

I found it very helpful to have some bite-sized prunes with a bagel and hot tea for breakfast each morning after my hyst. (I had an LAVH). I don't like prune juice but the prunes themselves are actually sweet and they did their job, so that's something you might want to consider.

Don't worry if you don't seem to be able to concentrate very well at first. That's what happened to me, and it's normal and okay.

This is a lot to go through but you'll make it through just fine and believe me, you'll be feeling *so* much better as you recover! It is *wonderful* to be a Princess. Every day I thank God that I'm not bleeding anymore! You have a better quality of health and life to look forward to - yay for you!

Hope all goes very well for you. Have a restful, complete recovery!

~Sue
Unread 12-19-2002, 11:17 AM
Being specific

Letting you know I am having hysteroscopy wiht D & C, then TAVH with RSO and A & P repair.

A very merry christmas, huh?

Thanks for all the advise. I will be sure not to over do or to worry about the house.

Looking forward to being a Princess.
Unread 12-19-2002, 11:54 AM
Surgery tomorrow

Sounds like you're ready to go hon! Keeping busy is very important right now, to keep your mind from dwelling on things. Just think, this time tomorrow you'll be a and you'll be so happy it's all done.

Sending you VERY BEST WISHES hon. You're going to do great!

Unread 12-19-2002, 12:53 PM
Take a deep breath

You will do just fine. I'm 10 days post op. I went through all of the same thoughts, feelings, etc. But you know what? It really wasn't that bad. They were going to keep me for 2 days in the hospital. I asked for 3. I was in no hurry to get home. It was nice staying a little longer, being cared for, and pampered there. At home, I found I was worrying about the hubby and kids. If they were doing things right, and in general just doing what they were suppose to be doing. Also at home felt like I was a pain, always asking for something. In the hospital, I didn't feel that way.

Best wishes to you, again you will be fine. Just take deep breaths. Look through all of the information within the message boards. I found that helped prepare me a lot.

Happy holidays to you.

Kathy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register