Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 116 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-19-2007, 05:55 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Good Morning All
Kappel, :hidekey: Sorry. I saw it. It was awful!
Alabama, I hope you get to feeling better soon.
Good luck at work for those of you who are returning today or have already returned :steer: . Hopefully this will be my last week off.
Slawler21, total vaginal rebuild, hellooooo. The more extensive the surgery, the more pain, more time to heal perhaps? I'm not sure what all they moved around but it sounds like it was much more extensive than most. Here's hoping for your continued success in healing. Try not to be too down.
Pocono, here's hoping everyday including today just gets better and better for you healthwise. 60 degree weather is headed your way along with lots of flooding from the melting snow. At least that is what happened here in OH. (Always the barer of good news aren't I?)
Img420, you've been awfully quiet lately. Hope it was because you were busy over the weekend.

Saturday we took our dd to celebrate her birthday. We had so much fun spending dh's money. Fortunately for him everthing was on end of season prices so we got some great deals.

Since I was approaching my 6 week mark I decided to try riding Red the TN Walking horse. Should have been easy right? Smooth ride and all? I lasted 10 minutes. Don't ride horses! I didn't realize how many abdominal muscles it takes! I slept for 2 hours after that little excursion. It took me longer to brush the horse out than I got to ride

Friday night was ds concert . It was so much fun. He plays bass violin and is in the choir. Next year he will get to try out for the Jazz Band if he chooses.

Well that covers most of our weekend. I see many of you were busy on the boards. I kept up with reading them so you were never far from our thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2007, 07:27 AM

Hey everybody,

Short and sweet version: yeah still sick, dropped off lesson plans and grades- they had to be validated today. I have a Dr. appt at 10:20am. Joy-joy. I am certain I have strep throat again, so I am going to my GP.

I hate being sick.
Unread 03-19-2007, 07:49 AM

Babcocks and IMG420 - It is very impressive how you are able to respond to every single person that has posted. I am sorry to say but after reading a few pages I lose track of who has said what.

Babcocks - You are always a joy to read and always the bearer of good news. I think this will be the last snowstorm of the year for us.

Alabamateacher - I am so sorry you are not feeling well. My kids are better but my dh is on his second round of antibiotics for strep and the dr was in shock that he had it again. I feel bad because I think he is getting run down from playing both mom and dad while I am recuperating. He has done all the laundry, food shopping and running the kids to their activities and trying to keep the house straightened up. The kids have been great with helping and of course I have been starting to help but I am still very limited. I will see if the dr releases me next Monday for bending and lifting (of course nothing too heavy).

And whoever said it I agree I consider all of you my friends (and yes I have said that before) but truly mean it. You are a great bunch of women and I could never thank you enough for all the support and I truly hope we all keep in touch even after we are all healed. I know I am taking longer than most to heal but for everyone in the surrounding area I would like to plan a get together. I think it would be a lot of fun. Maybe sometime in May. We can try to find a middle location.

Babcocks - Hope you did not hurt yourself but sounds like you had a great weekend. My son is also in the choir and he is currently taking guitar lessons but now is talking about wanting a drum set. I guess I better go get ear plugs if that happens.

Slawler - Sounds like your surgery was tough. Feel better soon and we are here for you if you need us.

I am sure I have forgotten someone and I am sorry. Everyone have a great day today. It is cold but nice out. I went out just a little bit yesterday with dh to run a couple of errands and he is home today so may do that again. It feels good to get out of the house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2007, 07:51 AM

I knew I forgot someone.

Rodswife - I hope you feel better and did not hurt yourself too badly.
Unread 03-19-2007, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconowoman
I knew I forgot someone.

Rodswife - I hope you feel better and did not hurt yourself too badly.
Hey Pocono! I feel ok now, but I was awfully stupid to be out there in the first place! How are you feeling? Hopefully, everyday that goes by, you feel just a little better! Have a great day! Elizabeth
Unread 03-19-2007, 08:20 AM

Hi everyone,
I'm here this morning catching up on all the posts and it seems like some of us have been overdoing it!! Well, I have to confess that I did absolutely nothing over the weekend. I was just too tired to do anything...very sleepy Friday and Sat., caught up on the Soprano's dvds on Sunday. My plan for today is to do some paper work here at home and try to psyche myself up for the return to work next Monday.
I did feel a sharp twinge from my belly to my vajayjay last night....first time I have felt that. I thought of some of my hystersisters that have posted about that. My belly is still swelly and I can't wear jeans for more that a couple hours. Other than that, I know I am on the mend. Hope everyone else has a fantastic week this week, it should really be getting better and better from here on out and I hope with all my heart this proves to be true for everyone here!!!
Unread 03-19-2007, 08:43 AM

Well, I got into work fine but DID run my SUV into a snow bank on the way out of the driveway. One of my neighbors across the street heard me putting my car in reverse then forward then reverse... he came running across the street with a bucket of rock salt, told me to get out of the car, walked me to a safe spot and then pulled my car out onto the street for me. SO SWEET!!!!! I made it to work, late but at least I'm here!

Thank goodness for Knights In Shining Armor. What's a princess to do without them?????
Unread 03-19-2007, 08:46 AM

peachy pie me to at the gyn in morning cant wait to ask questions going to do a list
Unread 03-19-2007, 09:04 AM

Singingmad - Well thank goodness he helped, what a way to start the day off! Heres hoping it will get better! Good Luck - do check in when you can!!!
Unread 03-19-2007, 09:19 AM

Good morning!

I am checking in a little late this morning. I had to go and repent, the feast of St. Joseph and all.....

Hope all of you are doing well, or at least better.

I am angry today, and yesterday. I think it is some sort of hormonal pms~sh thing. Good thing I am going to be home alone!

I live in a small town and everyone seems to feel entitled to knowing my personal medical business. That is so irritating. So I have been bombarded with personal questions by people who have no business asking about the status of my reproductive organs, or lack of, anywhere let alone in the middle of a crowded place of business. I also am sick and tired of "Oh, aren't you kind of young for that?" So, I want to ask, "who told you"' and "when did you become a dr??" and "Well, I could have faxed my medical report to you so you could understand".........My favorite was "You are moving around well" You know, they took my uterus, not my legs

Some are truly concerned, some are fishing for info. Me? I am fed up, concerned or fishing, If I want to talk about it I will bring it up, otherwise keep quiet!
My emotions are haywire and someone is going to say something and I am going to explode with tears or something...

Anyway, wearing heels to Mass was not a stellar idea.

You all were very busy posting over the weekend. I was too grumpy to turn the laptop on. And am afraid I will never catch up with all that happened, But, I prayed for you all in Mass, and thanked God for the sisters here.....

I need to go eat something cheesy, for most it's chocolate, for me it's cheeese. Weird I know, but I am related to dairy farmers, so mayhaps it makes sense.

Thanks for listening....
ornery froggie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register