Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 125 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-20-2007, 02:19 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Wow! no internal exam? That's strange... I thought they'd have to check stitches.... lucky you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singingmad
Wow! no internal exam? That's strange... I thought they'd have to check stitches.... lucky you!
I know my DH was saying the same thing. Well lets hope nothing happens cause then I will not be happy.
Unread 03-20-2007, 02:55 PM

I have spent some time on girlsgetgoing. princess48 are you registered there? If so can you shed some light on that sight?

After reviewing the histersisters club, I like that option as it would always be there and others could come if they wish.

Again, please let me know what you think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2007, 03:30 PM

Hi everyone. Well, while very tired I would say my outing today was a success. My girlfriend picked me up and we went to the Salvation Army to pick up the items my son needs for his play. After being there a while, I did start to feel a lot of pressure in my lower abdomen so we went for lunch and then to the fabric store for the red material for the woman to make him his vest for the show. I felt like I was almost normal again. I was out a total of 3 1/2 hours and while exhausted and in a little pain thought I did very well today. Hopefully I will not be too sore tomorrow since my younger one feels he is getting sick again so off to the dr with him tomorrow instead of hanging out and resting.

On the couch - I am so glad they found the boy scout. With both sons being scouts I always get nervous when I hear the stories about scouts getting lost (I would feel bad anyway about it but this brings it too close to home) I am constantly reminding my sons when on trips to remember the buddy system. Every time something like this happens their scoutmaster does go over all the rules with them again.

To Everyone who responded about their sons and school: Thank you for the info. It is nice to know I am not the only one with this problem. He does have one folder now to put all his homework in, he cannot carry his backpack to class, I have the teachers signing his agenda every day so I will know if he has not handed anything in and I did sign up to check his grades online but they don't all mention homework assignments.

Princess48 - Glad to hear your checkup went well. I go on Monday 3/26 and do know I will be getting an internal. (Dr already told me that).

Babcocks - What ever everyone wants to do. The hystersisters club sounds good to me. I tried to go on the other site very late last night and was very tired but did not find it as easy to navigate as hystersisters but then again I was exhausted.

Hope everyone has a good evening. I am going to make dinner now.
Again thanks for all the responses about boys.
Unread 03-20-2007, 03:56 PM

Hi Princess 48, I also had my 6wk check up last week and was given the all clear. I didn't have an internal, he just checked my abdomen and said everything had healed really well and that i only have to go back and see him if I have a problem.
Unread 03-20-2007, 04:13 PM

Hello Ladies,

I returned to work yesterday for my 12 hours shift, and did really well. i work with a very negative doctor and i told him i no longer have a uterus and i cannot hear negative talk. Do any of you knowanything about recurretn uti's after this surgery?

Thanks,
Debbie
Unread 03-20-2007, 04:21 PM

rn55
can that UTI be from the catheter? - my dd as a tot had a string of UTI's after she was catherterized for a urinalysis - went on for about 3 months.
Unread 03-20-2007, 04:36 PM
The teacher needs to give 2 cents...

Okay, as a teacher I understand why the teacher has the rules she does. No late turn in at the end of class. I have WATCHED students sit in class, not do the daily work and try to turn in their homework saying "I forgot or I just found it." My class rule (Located directly over my desk in big bright magenta letters) no late assignments will be accepted without an excused absence.

I have students that truly forget to hand it in. They look at the sign over my desk everyday and still forget. I write in the board, right bebside the date and they still forget. I do drop the grades of two missed homework assignments every grading period, because life happens. However, because I am preparing them for life I explain to them that if you forget to turn in your timecard at work and payroll is in, your not going to get paid on time, and that's your fault- not the bookkeeper's. Or what if your boss said "I'm sorry your not getting a check today because I left your check at home."

If they come to class without their homework, it's in their locker for example, I'm sorry- but you don't get to tell the cop I'm sorry I forgot my license- can I go home and get it? Once I put the actions in a different context they start to see where I am going with my rules.

I do teach 9th and 10th graders, who want to get a driver's license and/or a job soon. They need to get a grasp on reailty and life.

Now, as a parent, it does bother me when teachers don't take the whole picture into account. I have had parents say "But Johnny was a straight A student before your class." Okay, but now he needs to follow these rules and do this work. If a parents asks me for help in monitoring their childs homework I do to an extent. I will initial an assignment pad if it is brought to me. I will not ask a student to bring it to me. I have 90 students through out the day. I can't remember all the nuances about every one of them. I know that sounds like a cop-out but it's the truth.

I will not give a student extra cheances that I don't give other students without a very valid excuse. Death in the family, chronic illness, family issues- but it has to be big.

I teach in an inner city school and the students that I have are heartbreakers. If I cut slack for the girl in my class that has to babysit her four siblings everyday after school and can't get to homework or studying until 10pm then I have to give a break to students who work until 11pm because they are helping pay the rent or utility bills. I'm not saying I am heartless, but I don't think lowering the quality of their education helps them. Now, with all that in mind, I don't often give homework either. If they get 15-20 mins of homework a week from me that's a lot and chances are that it was because they did not work hard enough in class. I almost always give time for homework in class.

I also don't bump grades. I do scale tests. If the highest is a 90, everyone gets +10. If you get a 59, you keep a 59, because chances are you really earned a 50.

I'm Queen "B" at my school. Students at registration beg to be removed from my classes because they know they will have to work.

Whew, can you tell I had a bad day today? Yeah, I'll spare you that.
Unread 03-20-2007, 04:39 PM

rn55-

I like the no negative comments statement. That's good. What was the response?
Unread 03-20-2007, 05:02 PM

I like the hystersisters club idea. I went to that other site and I like it, but I think we'll all probably check in here from time to time, and can support others as they go through what we've most recently experienced, so I like it all in one place. Is that lazy???

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register