Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 149 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-24-2007, 01:40 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Good afternoon Ladies. I hope everyone who is left reading this thread is having a good day with less pain. Had my 6 wk check yesterday and all went well, internal exam didn't hurt and everything is healing up nicely. Dr. said I now can do everything I did before surgery including golf. I am a golfer and was glad to hear that. Actually swung a club today and didn't hurt me .My belly is tender to touch but in time she said will get better. I only have to see her every 3 months for 1st year, every 4 months 2nd yr. and 3rd every 6 months. No Kemo, No Radiation, course I will be getting a paps every time but I don't mind that it's better than the latter. I also found out my cervix is gone too, I have nothing left. The reason for the paps, cancer could possibably come back at the cuff where they stiched me back up. Anyway I came out of the Cancer Center with a smile and felt like I am one of the lucky ones whereas alot are not so lucky. You have all been an inspiration to me and helped me to heal physically as well as mentally.Encouragement is awesome. It (can)actually change the course of another person's day, week, life. Have a good evening .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2007, 01:50 PM

Bills wife, glad to hear all is well!
Bagpuss, sorry to hear you are a little blue today, be sure to pamper the princess today, you are a dear and I hope you are feeling better soon.
Pocono, rest up and relax, you deserve a break!

I am feeling so much better now that my doc changed my hormones. I am taking premarin one day and estratest the next and it seems to have made a big difference. two weeks ago I was emotional and very tired and depressed, today I feel totally different!! Yay!
I have started walking about a week and a half ago, trying for 30 minutes at a time. So far so good although like many others here on the boards, my legs are tired afterward and my belly does feel a little "hangy" ;0)...to be expected from what I hear. It does help with my state of mind and clears the brain fog. It makes me feel like I am making a bit of progress. Hope everyone else is feeling better day by day, I do so appreciate everyones posts, it makes me see that I am right where I should be in recovery. Thanks all!!
Unread 03-24-2007, 02:11 PM

Hi everyone,
I am having a very relaxed Saturday and it's raining.
I did my first day of work yesterday since the surgery. I worked from 8am to 12 noon. Only 4 hours and I have an office/receptionist job. I was so tired by 12.00 that I could hardly stand up and couldn't be bothered to talk. I came home and lay down. Then, I went out and sat on the patio and read for an hour. I was totally exhausted for the rest of the day and didn't do a thing, except lie on the sofa and doze. This is how one half-day back at the office affected me. I don't work until next Friday, I am going back gradually, but isn't it amazing how tired we get even at this stage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2007, 03:33 PM

Thanks Pia for the info and complement on my name. Brain fog has set in because I was going to call the hairdresser to ask and forgot. I think it is too late now since where I live my hairdresser is closed on Monday. I am going to try the red temporary one and see how that works and hope for the best. Your story reminds me of my sister at 16 (we are brunettes) she was at her boyfriend's house and his mom decided to give her blond streaks just in the front (that was the style back then - she is 58 now) and came home like that. I had never heard my mom before tell someone off like that before. Needless to say my sister got into big trouble. I will not dye his hair blond first because at 11 yrs old I don't think he needs to be messing with his hair. Talk to you soon.

Nanette
Unread 03-24-2007, 04:22 PM

Hi. I have just tried a few pairs of my jeans on. I still can't get them anywhere near zipped up. I look at myself from the side in the mirror and I can't believe that I look even more pregnant now than I did with that enlarged uterus and fibroids. Back to the sweat pants. I have even lost 10 pounds since wearing those jeans last, but the belly is in the way.
Unread 03-24-2007, 04:32 PM

Anne
Remember all your abdominal muscles are far from back to normal - I am in the same boat as my jeans hurt like crazy when I tried them on - and they were getting loose just before the surgery. I believe over time it will get a lot better.
Good job on the weight loss - I am hoping to continue my weight loss once I can exercise again
Best
Reb
Unread 03-24-2007, 04:42 PM

Hi anne100,
Don't panic! I even had a complete tummy tuck with my SAH! I had a giant uterus with 11 fibroids but still can't wear the pants I was wearing before the surgery. The swelling is to be expected either way it goes I guess. Just be patient and try not to feel bad. It's a long process to total recovery and that's what we have to remember. Isn't it such a blessing to just be feeling better all over?? That's my focus instead of my pants. Try to enjoy the day in your sweats, I certainly am! Take care!
Unread 03-24-2007, 07:54 PM

hi all-
having a few problems - i will fiill u in tmorrow - good night
Unread 03-24-2007, 07:55 PM

hundjm~

glad you are feeling better on the new hormone schedule. Good for you!
Unread 03-24-2007, 08:02 PM

hundjm - glad you are feeling better

Img - I hope everything is ok.

I went on a long walk today. It was so nice out. I hurt a little tonight but motrin took care of it. I feel like I am finally coming along nicely

Goodnight ladies

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register