Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 150 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne100
Hi. I have just tried a few pairs of my jeans on. I still can't get them anywhere near zipped up. I look at myself from the side in the mirror and I can't believe that I look even more pregnant now than I did with that enlarged uterus and fibroids. Back to the sweat pants. I have even lost 10 pounds since wearing those jeans last, but the belly is in the way.

I can relate. I lost 5 pounds since the surgery and feel like I even look thinner, but I have jeans that I bought before that either won't go over my belly or close, but are unbearable (no one needs to squeeze into jeans with an 8 inch incision across their belly). And, all my jeans have a stretch to them.

I have to go back to work in 1 1/2 weeks and I am just thankful that my trousers have some give to them and we are corporate casual, so I can get away with pointe pants.

Sometimes, I start off the day "normal" and look 5 months pregnant by 3pm.

The only upside of this is that we can "blame" our pouch on the surgery for a while.

Also, we are on the mend and putting each day behind us towards full recovery.

Good luck. In the meantime, treat yourself to some new jeans. It will make you feel better about yourself and we all deserve that after what we have been thru this year.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2007, 08:46 PM

Hi all,
have been busy reading all the postings on both threads. Still plenty to read. Glad to hear so many are getting back to work and play (even if it is a little slower than usual .Keep up the good work!
Unread 03-24-2007, 09:00 PM

Hey~

i had a tummy tuck too, and have lost 9 pounds. I cannot wear my presurgery jeans comfortably either. I can wear soft "Lee" dresspants. They have an armpit high waist, I think that is why, it's up too high to aggrivate my incision. So, try the ones that have higher than your belly button waists. i am SO glad to have an alternative to stretchy pants!

Well so, the playground last night worked, but not up to it's previous standards. HHMM. Worried, yes! But hope is not lost after reading some great posts. I am hoping to get her back into the swing of things.

Cleaned today and have nasty discomfort. OY!

g'nite
ff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2007, 09:10 PM

Hi Rodswife, speaking from experience about this type of decision, it is a big one and my prayers will be with you. I am 46 and my second husband is 48, only married for a short time, and my oldest daughter had her 3 lovely girls taken from her for leaving them alone (found out she is bipolar), well, we decided to take them in as Kinship Care(like foster care), till my daughter could straigten things out, (my granddaughters were 4, 2, and 1 at the time). It just continued to get worse and we had to decide whether we were going to adopt them, or put them in a preadoptive home, broke my heart, but with all my medical problems and the fact that my husband never raised small children, we had to opt for the latter. So far it is still just foster care, my daughter can still get them back, but, it is something you have to pray on and talk about and think about for a long time. I really wish you luck...if you need to talk about all the feelings and all, please feel to PM me.

Judy
Unread 03-24-2007, 09:26 PM

Well, I made it through a full day of work. Truthfully, I think my legs and feet hurt more than my tummy. It doesn't help that I gained about 4 lbs. after surgery (more for my poor feet to carry around). That's disappointing since the first couple of weeks after surgery I had lost about that amount. Anyway, I feel like I'm getting back to normal...just need to get back in shape and shed some pounds.

Oh yeah, and I almost forgot to tell you...I gave away all my tampons and all but a few of my pads (just in case). Yipeee!

I hope everyone is healing well. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Unread 03-24-2007, 10:09 PM

catnapper, I have rounded up all my tampons and pads also, all ready to give to sister in law, but like you, will keep just a few in case (of what who knows lol). Iam also disappointed I haven't lost any weight, have stayed the same, but after losing 2 very large fibroids and an even larger uterus was hoping for some loss. Not sure why I haven't, maybe the swelly belly?
Unread 03-24-2007, 10:32 PM

I have lost a few pounds since the surgery but this past week my belly is so swollen I won't even attempt to try on my jeans. I have one pair of black cotton casual pants with an elastic waist that ties and a pair of sweat pants that actually look a little dressier than normal sweats and that is what I have been living in. So glad my dh is constantly doing laundry. I have rested all day today and while do not have much pain my swelly belly has only gone down a little. Now that spring is here I hope I am up to going shopping.
Unread 03-24-2007, 10:33 PM

Redlinerus, that's what I've been blaming it on but then again it might be the Cheese-its and laying around watching the Anna Nicole drama on court tv all day. Now that I'm back to work, where I walk a lot, I'm hoping I'll lose the post-op lbs. My doctor told me the swelly belly will go away gradually and that drinking lots of water and doing sit-ups will help.
Unread 03-24-2007, 10:33 PM

Catnapper - Forgot to say glad your first full day of work went so well.
Unread 03-24-2007, 11:00 PM

Thanks, Pocono. I sure do miss the sweatpants I've been living in the past 6 weeks! I had to buy a couple pair of slacks that are a size bigger so I'd have something to wear to work. It's really hard to find any tops that look good on my apple shape, though.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register