Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 153 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-26-2007, 05:30 AM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Good morning to all you great girls. To those going to work, have a nice day. To those not, rest and take care of yourself.Today will be a rest day for me, over did it yesterday.
Jayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2007, 07:58 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

baspuss: I know what you mean about those internal stitches taking so long to heal. I can be frustrating. Can this cause a little spotting? (even after 6 weeks?) I don't know if I did too much over the weekend but 2 mornings in a row I had a slight stain when I wiped & was achy 'down there somewhere'. I think my whole family thinks I'm completely recovered now. I miss the pampering! Hope everyone is just about back to normal. I hope to be back to work soon.
Unread 03-26-2007, 08:02 AM

Hey y'all! I woke up a 2 this morning throwing up. I don't think its surgery related so I posting it over here! Of course my dh has to work and my 3 yr old wants me to hold her. I wish I felt better!

Update on the grandchild thing~The "kids" called again yesterday and they are coming to our house this weekend to discuss the adoption. My dh and I told them we are not sure we want to start over. I only have a year and a half before 'my' baby goes to school. I really want to enjoy her before I go back to work! Selfish? I don't think so! I just had all of my female reproductive organs out so I'm feeling a little clingy with her! They want to know as soon a possible so they can move on with their lives! I just want to say screw you! You laid down down and made this baby and now its too tough for you! TOO BAD!!!!! They want to move out of her parents house and be grown-ups! They should have tought about that before they had sex! Why should they get to do what they want and we take over for them??? What happens when she ends up pregnant again?

Sorry about the language and the attitude, but that is exactly how I feel! I hope y'all have a better day than me. I am feeling a little sorry for myself so I'll wallow in it for a while!!

For everyone going back to work~Good luck! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Thanks for "listening"!!! Elizabeth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2007, 08:04 AM

Update on my weekend of singing. It was tough but a good tough. Kind of like after a good workout. Friday night we sang for about 2 hours and I actually stood up for almost ALL of it. Saturday I did another 2 hours standing and singing but by the 2 hour mark I was getting sharp pains in my left side so I sat... had lunch, then tried again but KNEW my stomach muscles had had enough. So I went back to my room and took a nap for a couple hours... then returned, but sang sitting down. I did okay but without the stomach muscles working I was fairly hoarse by the end of the afternoon. Thankfully we had an evening of dinner, chatting and a party which I managed nicely and actually stayed up til 2 AM chatting!!! It's been AGES since I"ve done that. Even BEFORE my surgery, the anemia wouldn't have allowed me to be awake that long, so I was kind of happy about that. Sunday morning we did more singing and again I sat throughout. My legs and stomach AND back were SSSSSSSssssssssssooooooooooooo tired! I got home yesterday afternoon and slept for an hour or so, then laid around watching movies and feeling achy. But today I'm doing pretty good! For me, all in all, it was a successful weekend and a sign I"m on my way back to my old self (from pre-fibroid problems!) And that's really good news!
Unread 03-26-2007, 08:08 AM

my doc told me when the stitches pass from the cuff, (not sure if you have this) I could notice some faint staining... and that could happen through week 8 or so. I'm just past week 6 and have noticed a couple stitches themselves passing, but not spotting... doesn't hurt to give them a call and ask...
Unread 03-26-2007, 08:14 AM

Hey Rodswife... Sorry for what's happening with your kids. I'd tell them, if you want to move out and act like grownups that would INCLUDE taking care of your own children! ASK them how they think they'd handle another child if one came along.... cause that is very likely. I mean they had this one right? What would prevent another one from "happening?"

But I'm thinking maybe they want a fresh start on their own? Definitely a difficult situation. I have a friend who did exactly what theyr'e proposing for you. It was tough on both her and her husband... and what was tougher is the kids wanted to waltz back and take the baby whenever it was convenient or fun. This is probably what caused the most stress. If it were me I'd be certain to make it "legal". And if you really don't feel you want to do it, you should explain this to them. As adults they should be expected to respect YOUR adult status.

On the other side of the equation, how would you feel if they accepted your decision NOT to take the child and so gave the child up for adoption?

Its a huge picture in my mind with lots of pluses and minuses. Hopefully you can all sit down and put BOTH sides of the equation on the table. It wouldn't seem fair to me if you were expected to listen to THEIR concerns and thought processes without being able to voice your own.
Unread 03-26-2007, 08:28 AM

Singingmad~If we did this, it would be totally legal. They would NOT be allowed to come back! We would be mommy and daddy forever! That is something my husband doesn't know if he could do! This is his first born son. We don't see or talk to him much because he says he is an adult(haha) and doesn't want anyone to tell him how to run his life! What a joke! We offered for him to move in with us so he could get a job with benefits then move his girlie down when he got everything in order. He turned us down so my husband kind of wrote him off. It sounds bad, but he has got to grow up sometime and Dh thought tough love was the way to go. We just don't know what to do!
Thanks for talking it over with me! Elizabeth
Unread 03-26-2007, 08:32 AM

Good morning girls! Well I am back at the office with piles and piles of work on my desk. I am feeling great though!

Rodswife - I am so sorry you are sick on top of healing and trying to figure out what is best for your family and grandbaby. It is very selfish what they did and to put pressure on you and then go out and play house together. I just wanted to give you a I don't have any good advice for you hun. Just trust in your heart.

Singingmad - It sounds like you had a great weekend! So happy that your singing went well and you were able to party like a "rock star"
Unread 03-26-2007, 08:32 AM

I think that I am losing a few stitches as I have the tiniest amount of spotting. Have been fairly active today so that could also be the reason.
Unread 03-26-2007, 09:20 AM

Gee Bookah... never thought of myself as a rockstar! LOL But I think crashing in the middle of the afternoon was DEFINITELY rockstar style! We'll see how I do as the week progresses. I have a rehearsal Thursday night and I"m hoping to be able to stand through at least half of it. If my back end would stop hurting so much from the bruises I think I'd be doing a lot more.

Rodswife. Sometimes tough love IS the way to go. Glad if you decide to move ahead you'd do it legally. But I can imagine how difficult the whole situation is. I hope they're willing to sit down with both of you and talk through things so at least everyone's feelings are out in the open, even if they're not pleasant feelings. Letting them know that you don't feel this is fair or responsible.... that should be put out there. But letting them know too (if its how you feel) that you are keeping the health and welfare of the child involved foremost and that THAT is a very BIG piece of the total picture, is also important. Seems a lot of kids these days think leaving a child with the grandparents is the way to go. I can imagine if I did that! My mother was NEVER a nurturing mother and even now doesn't like spending much time with her grandchildren. She'd have FREAKED if my sister or brother even whispered of this idea! She won't even watch them for an overnight. But both my brother and sister waited until they were in their 30's before they even HAD kids. What's past is past though... and you're dealing with the situation now. It must be tough for ALL involved.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register