Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 154 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-26-2007, 09:22 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Yes, my doc told me activity helps the stitches to pass... if it gets worse than minor spotting, or turns bright red, I'd definitely give them a call though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2007, 09:43 AM

Rodswife, I know you had mentioned the possibility of a cousin adopting the baby. I thought that was a great idea since you had said the cousin in unable to have children. This is tough all around but absolutely these kids need to take responsibility for their actions. Good luck with everything.
Unread 03-26-2007, 11:04 AM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Rodswife: Maybe someone could remind your stepson that the reason his parents raised him is because THEY were being grown-ups. Don't let them guilt you into paying for their mistakes. Some kids push the limits as much as they possibly can. If they think you should raise the baby then maybe they should have consulted with you before they had sex. We live in a society of zero responsibility and lots of blame. Don't let that happen to you. I would pray for a loving home for the baby and try to move on. I'll pray for wisdom for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2007, 11:09 AM

Thanks for all the reassurances. My doc says so little. I'm a nurse (not ob/gyn) so maybe he expects me to know more than I do. But what you've all shared makes sense. It's just weird how all this has taken so long. Much healing to all.
Unread 03-26-2007, 11:17 AM

Myfatherschild~Unfortunately, my dh did not raise him except on weekends. His 1st wife left for another man(and his money) when he as 8. Then when he was 15, she left husband #2 for her current boyfriend and had his baby! Now she is trying to get rid of him, too! She is a piece of work and we know where her children get it! Everytime something goes bad, she calls and wants my dh to fix it. We are not walking into this blindly. The guilt is not there! He is a grownup and he needs to act like it.

I totally agree with you on the responsibility angle of kids nowadays. I have held my kids responsible for their actions. I expect certain things out of them and when they aren't delivered, there are consquences.(sp) I wish all of this would just go away! Thanks for the info! Elizabeth
Unread 03-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Shedding of the stitches

Okay ladies, I finally saw my first (or maybe second) internal stitch on the tp. My doc never mentioned this and if it hadn't been for this discussion I would have thought I had worms The issues I was having make so much more sense now. Thanks!
Unread 03-26-2007, 11:53 AM

I have not seen any. What do they look like?
Unread 03-26-2007, 12:25 PM

I guess I would have freaked out too if I hadn't been forewarned... little pieces of purple or blue are kind of scary when you dont' expect them! But as soon as I said the word purple, my doc knew right away! That's the stitches!!!! He told me it could take up to 8 weeks for them to finish their little part of the deal.
Unread 03-26-2007, 04:11 PM

Rodswife--I'm just going to say a big prayer for you. This would be a nightmare for me and my husband. It's like you pay your dues and you look forward to a future the two of you have planned and earned together and boom! everything turns on a dime. I don't know what you should do, but pray really hard to know yourself, I'll will be praying along with everyone else and maybe you'll find your answer.
Unread 03-26-2007, 04:23 PM

Elizabeth- WOW! what a tough situation. My heart is breaking for this baby. He or she didn't ask to be born into this. The parents are obviously not prepared, nor are they willing, to care for the baby... but the flip side of it is that they are at least willing to give him or her a chance at a wonderful LIFE. A life! That in and of itself is as good a gift as they could ever give.
My hopes and prayers for all of you is to somehow come to a decision that best suits the childs needs. I can't imagine the feelings going through your and your DH minds right now. Anger, fear, frustration, hope... i'd guess those are jsut a few.
I might be a little hesitant to adopt the baby, just as I might be hesitant NOT to. It's a really tough decision that isn't a fair one for you to have to make. BUT- it's there. Cleaning up after your children doesn't ever seem to go away, does it! haha.
I wish I had the perfect advice to give, but I don't. I truly do wish you all the best. at least the kids are smart enough to realise they can't raise the baby on their own. thank God for small favors. What a disaster that could make!!
All the very best to you all.... and also- out of curiosity, have any of you thought to contact a local adoption agency? The kids could read about perspective adoptive parents and learn the process... even have an open adoption. when I was pregnant with my first child (all of 18 years old and NOT married), my bf and i went to an adoption agency. I couldn't go through with it, but reading about the adoptive parents forced me to deal reaslitically with the situation. It became completely real to the both of us at that point, not some problem to deal with, but a child to love. We went on to get married and have another child. Thought it was not at all ideal, it was what was right for us at the time. By the way- when i say i couldn't go through with it- i mean when i went there for the first time, after spending hours pouring over the books and talking to the adoption agency employee/social worker, I couldn't do it. I never made an adoption plan.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register