Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 161 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-28-2007, 04:52 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

lou49, welcome! Hormonal fluctuations don't help with your emotions that's for sure. Maybe you're feeling a little post traumatic stress. I had read somewhere that, that can happen to us. It's hard to say. Either way, glad to have you on the boards. Have you visited our club yet? If not click here and it will take you to Feb 5-12 club on this site.
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...40#post2136040
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2007, 04:59 PM

catnapper how has your week at work been going? I've been pounding the cement feeling behind since I got back. I've loved every minute of it except for the muscle thing. Today I didn't have any of the muscle things even though I was lifting way more than yesterday.

Pocono, so you had alot of adhesions! No wonder you hurt. I thought about asking for my report, but I'm not sure I want to know all of the details. Especially if they are graphic in any way shape or form. (I think I just threw up a little thinking about it!) What a baby I am huh? How is the family and how's the play going?

babs
Unread 03-28-2007, 05:02 PM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Thanks Angidawn and Catnapper for your help. As far as giving up any benefits, I don't get any, other than a few holidays paid. I think meeting the parents and children first, and doing it on a trial basis is a great idea. Again thanks, you girls are awesome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2007, 05:14 PM

Hello everyone. Glad to see and hear from all of you. I'm not a good stay at home person, so I would not be a good one to ask about daycare in the home. Sorry.

Work was quite a challenge. Everything was lost in that building. It all looks like a place I've never been before even though I've been there for 2 years. Many of the staff have changed and nobody seems to know where anything is. Very frustrating. On a fun note, I did get to scare away some shoplifters. They looked like deer in the headlights at first!

Dh and I got to go to a couple of college short plays last night at the college. Our future son in law was in one of them. They were cute and alot of fun.

Pocono, glad to hear you're feeling a little better every day. 3 of my children have asthma. It's nice when they get to be old enough to start handling their meds themselves.

Hope to hear from you all again soon.

babs
Unread 03-28-2007, 07:13 PM

Jayne- sounds like a great opportunity! But think it through- all the pros AND cons!! Such as- your house will not be your own anyore. your entire family will be affected. Discuss with your dh how he feels about coing hoe to a toddler and newborn! soeone suggested a trial run- fabulous idea!! Also- be sure to set soe ground rules with the parents... like pay, eals/snacks/nutrition, sickness on theirs and your part, vacations, school breaks, all kinds of things you might not think of off the bat, but are important to get out of the way before entering into.
I think it would be a fantastic opportunity!!!! You'd get 2 lilttle ones all to yourself all day- and get to give them back at night!! haha
All the very best to you!!!!
Unread 03-28-2007, 08:00 PM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Angiedawn - hope you are now begining to be on the mend from the second surgery.
Jayne - it is something to think about and I have to agree that a trial day is a great way to see if this works for you
I eneded up with a first day back to work of almost 10 hours - nothing heavy, but lots of paperwork and driving! Now sitting with a glass of port and my feet up :superman: dh had a nice dinner for me tonight Hope everyone has an easy return to "regular" life!
Reb
Unread 03-28-2007, 09:11 PM

Hi Babs, I totally understand what you mean about reading the report. It was very weird for me but I truly wanted a better understanding but the report is only from the gyn point of view so I think I would have to get the anesthesiologist report too which as of now I am not planning on doing. I do think maybe that is why my pain is lasting so long. I have been running around all day today and my last trip out was too much and came home in so much pain I was ready to cry. Even my dh said I overdid it today so tomorrow I will be resting for most of the day. About the report while it was weird it also made me feel better to know that they checked my appendix, bowels, bladder etc so that I do know the other organs are ok.
Talk to you soon.
Nanette
Unread 03-28-2007, 09:12 PM

Lou49, I've been thinking and thinking and thinking and can't figure out why the checkpoints set you off. I think we've all been weepy at different times. For me, it was the couple of weeks before and after surgery...the stress of making the decision before and then the stress of recovery.

Babs, I've been back to work for a week and did pretty well until yesterday. I had to stay late to meet a customer who was placing a large order. Between running around the store to get all the SKU's and staying late, I was beat and a bit more sore than I've been in a while. I work on straight commision so was glad to have the big sale though. I was off work today so besides a quick trip to the grocery store I tried to take it easy. You mentioned that you've been lifting. Has your DD cleared you for that? Mine told me that I should still keep it under 10 lbs.
Unread 03-28-2007, 09:16 PM

Pocono, sorry you're in pain. I think we're at a tricky point in our recovery. We feel like we should be able to do things and when we do our bodies remind us that we're still healing. Take care.
Unread 03-28-2007, 09:21 PM

Gunieapigs38 - I agree with the suggestion to do a trial run of a couple of days to see what the child is really like and if you will enjoy doing this. While it sounds like a good opportunity you may decide after the trial run you do not want to do it and as others have said make sure everything is clear about pay, holidays, overtime, sick time etc. A friend of mine did this for a while with a little girl that was the same age as her daughter (5 yrs old) and she ended up hating it because 1. the girl's mom took advantage of her and constantly showed up late and did not pay her for it and 2. the little girl ended up fighting with her daughter all afternoon so she just became a referee. Just food for thought.

Babcocks - I saw part of the dress rehearsal and my son looked so cute if I do say so myself. I can't wait to see the whole show on Saturday night. As you know I took him to the dr today and his asthma has started up. He is lucky for the fact that it is allergy induced so he will have it from now till about June and then he is usually fine for the rest of the year. He has had it twice just for a couple of weeks when the weather changes at the end of the summer. Do your kids have it all year round? By the way if you don't mind me asking how many do you have since you said 3 of them have asthma.

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. Hugs to everyone!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register