Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 164 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-29-2007, 05:00 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Hi Bagpus45, It has been about 25 years since I have been there so I am trying to remember. I saw of course, all of London and all the main sites to see, Big Ben, London and Tower Bridges, Harrods, I think it was Carnaby Street? Buckingham Palace and the changing of the guard and all the other main sites. We went to see I can't remember if it was Cambridge or Oxford but whichever one it was it was very impressive. I also remember seeing a town named Bath which had some ancient baths similar to what the romans would have had and we went for rides in the countryside but don't remember which towns. If you ever decide to come to America and plan on visiting NY it would be my pleasure to show you around Manhattan.
Talk to you soon.
And again I will say I definitely overdid it yesterday and I am still sore today. I know I probably should have posted this on the other thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2007, 05:26 PM

Rodswife, Don't feel like a slacker. I am just talking about it. I am not ready to try it yet. I am still exhausted just from running some errands yesterday and I am stressing because I have to go out 4 times tomorrow (2 round trips) to take kids back and forth tomorrow and I know I have a busy saturday - it's my son's play so I won't get to rest till Sunday and right now I do not want to move. It took all my energy I had to go the stores a little while ago because the drama club teacher only told them last night that we need to get makeup for them to wear. She specifically said pink lipstick, blush and black eyeliner. I wear the peach colors when wearing make up so could not believe I just spend $25 at the drug store for make up for him. He is laughing about it because they are putting on a show at school tomorrow. I did warn him that you know someone is going to make a comment to him. Ok I know I should have posted the last part on the other thread.
Unread 03-29-2007, 05:43 PM

Lou- the only prerequisite for our thread is...hummm...had a hysterectomy and love to chat! That's it. You're no interloper just one of our sisters. Isn't it amazing how a lovely day will lift your spirits. I used to dread the summer, now I can't wait! Have you checked out the hormone jungle tab? I didn't at first because I still have one ovary. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working at full capacity, so I browsed around there and found some hints at my moods and hot flashes etc. Hope to hear from you again soon. Don't forget to visit us on Feb 5-12 too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2007, 06:14 PM

Bagpus- I was just beginning to wonder what happened to you. Glad you're back! Sounds like Easter break will be fun for you. I've never been outside of the US except for Jamaica. Would love to visit some of your castles and cathedrals. Other places too but mostly your castles and cathedrals. What exactly is an Easter bonnet parade?

Pocono- I have 3 naturally born children and many foster children. Since we never accepted any money for the foster kids they know they are part of the family and feel like it too. One foster son stayed with us until he graduated high school. My three natural children are the ones with asthma. They inherited that from me unfortunately. They range from allergy induced bouts all year round to illness induced bouts that always end up in bronchitis to pneumonia. My oldest had his tonsils and adnoids removed which helped his asthma improve. He developes pneumonia the quickest just the same. For some goofy reason he thought smoking was the way to go. He is the only one in our family that smokes.

catnapper- I used to work straight commission. Outside sales for a company based out of Houston. I hated being on the road all the time so I opted out for a job inside with semi regular hours to be with my kids. After I hit a certain goal I quit, went back to college and landed my current job. Commission is much more profitable. Now that the kids are grown (except for my 16 year old), I sometimes miss the road, but not enough to go back.

Today I thought it would be a good idea to move around boxes of generators. It was not one of my most sterling decisions. I will be taking my pain meds now, showering, and going to bed. Tomorrow I will know better and try not to make any other smooth moves.

babs
Unread 03-29-2007, 06:29 PM

Anyone heard from Img420 lately?
Unread 03-29-2007, 06:31 PM

Img- You out there? How are you doing?
Unread 03-29-2007, 06:48 PM

hi ladies

It's nice to read all your posts. Glad to hear about the working, and excercizing and kid activities. Life goes on doesn't it?
The only form of excersicing I get seems to be sorting spring clothes out for the kids. Good weather here in Michigan. I really want to go out and rake, but I know I WILL BE SORRY. anyway, later
Chris
Unread 03-29-2007, 07:10 PM

Well I have been back to work for 2 weeks now, and I feel great! I actually don't even think about having had a hysterectomy until I go to lift coin boxes. I work at a bank, so I lift coin when I have to. I have been very careful though, I don't need a hernia! But life for me has gone back to normal, other then not having a period anymore! Boy, is that the most wonderful feeling in the world! No more worrying about when I can take vacations, go to my kids baseball games, my life is so wonderful now!!! I am so happy my period is not running my life anymore! It's just awesome! I was scared to death when I was told I had to have surgery. I only had 3 weeks to prepare for it. Then I found this website and thank God for it everyday. You all helped me get through the rough times, and I never could've done it without you. Thank you all so much for being such awesome supporters! I hope you're all doing well, I think of you all often. Take care & chat soon!

Peachy
Unread 03-29-2007, 07:21 PM

No need to feel like a slacker! I know- I am the QUEEN of slackers!! ;o)
I know about pilates- did it for a little while- and of course, quickly dropped that to slack off a little while longer.
The only exercise I get is lifting the kids- and that is plenty!!! Well, probably not plenty- but enough for me. My arms are great- now my butt and thighs- not so much. Oh well....
Sooooo much to do and I am so darn tired! Little princess Bella's 3rd birthday is this weekend and of course, I am making such a huge production out of it that I've created a ton of work for myself. And true to my slacker nature, I have delegated at least half of it. Ordered most of the food, and the cake- hooray! Put together all the goody bags tonight and realised I forgot to buy one bag. and by the way- as I was putting everything together I thought to myself these would be a great gift! Not a goody bag, but an actual gift! I went way overboard!! but it's going to be a great party. We have Cinderella and Belle coming! WAHOO!!
Can't wait to see her little face light up when she sees them! she is so excited she talks about it all day long. First thing out of her mouth is that her birthday is coming and cinderella and belle are going to be here. so darn cute!!!
Unread 03-29-2007, 08:30 PM

Hi ladies.. you aren't in my group either but I see you welcomed Lou on your group bandwagon. Any chance for another? I'm only a week away from most of you and you guys seem to check up on each other quite a bit!

As for me, I just went to my post-op for 5 weeks and 2 days.. (whose counting right??) Doc said I'm healing well. Discharge is normal.. I have so much of the fatigue you all talk about.. I feel a burst of energy, go do something and wham, I'm exhausted or down the next day. Also, some of the pain I get when I overdue he said is from the nerves intertwining with the the stitches!! Interesting. He said, we don't cut the muscles! Doc said fatigue is do from many things.. and to just "listen to my body." Oh I'm listening alright. It's forcing me to listen!!! I asked if I could do some weight lifting at the gym.. (I was working out very much all the way up to surgery) He said only things that don't pull on the abdomen. He looked at me and then said, "I didn't operate on your arms, but be careful!" And I can walk and do the treadmill.

I still have this feeling of not being able to catch my breath.. He said that is most likely anxiety. He said the anesthesia does a lot of things to people.. he told me even Clinton suffered from depression after his surgery. We talk a lot about the hormones here on hystersisters so I thought it had to do with lack of or too much etc. forgetting all about the actual anesthesia that takes months upon months for the body to function normal again. Anyway, hope it's okay to post here in additon to my own group!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register