Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 165 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-29-2007, 09:08 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Hi, girls. All this talk about exercise is making me tired. I worked another full day and had to take a 2 hr. nap when I came home. I have to work Sat. and Sun. so I asked for a half day off tomorrow so I could get through the weekend. At this point in my recovery I'm not experiencing too much pain but am struggling with fatigue. I'll be glad when I get past this.

When I was at my post-op last week, I forgot to ask the Dr. how long I was on a 10 lb. lifting restriction so I called today. She said one more week (8 wks. total) on 10 lbs. and then only 25 lbs. for the rest of my life. Has anyone else's Dr. told them that?

It was so nice to read your posts today. Glad to see you're back and doing okay Bagpuss. Lou49, I'm glad you've joined us. This is a special group of ladies and a constant source of support and understanding.

Hugs to all.
Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2007, 09:17 PM

Lucky2BeHealthy, you posted while I was still writing so I didn't see you had joined us. Welcome to our thread.
Unread 03-29-2007, 09:55 PM

Lucky2behealthy - Welcome to our thread. The more the merrier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2007, 10:01 PM

I haven't heard from IMG420 and was also wondering about Kappel, AlabamaTeacher and Happy Now. Hope they're okay.

Bagpuss, when I was a kid, one of my sisters wrote a little poem about our landscape "I looked out the window and what did I see? A million rows of beans staring at me!" That pretty much sums up the landscape where I live. This may not be as exciting an offer as Pocono's to tour Manhattan, but if you ever visit Illinois I'll make sure you get a ride on a combine. lol One of these days, I'm going to go to England. I'm a huge fan of English Literature (Dickens, especially) and English history. The area you live in sounds lovely.

Babs, I didn't go to college so working in sales seems to be the way to go for a decent paycheck. Not knowing how much that paycheck will be is stressful though. I've toyed with the idea of taking online courses from our community college so I can get out of retail.

Take care everyone.
Unread 03-29-2007, 11:38 PM

Just reading about everyone exercising is wearing me out! lol! It's all I can do to keep up with my housework. I go to my gyn/onc next tuesday and I guess he will release me to go to work. Just when I am getting used to staying at home. Well I guess someone needs to pay the bills. It has been so nice out lately with trees in bloom and flowers. I am really enjoying spring weather. Welcome to the new members! It's great to hear how well everyone seems to be doing! :timeup:
Unread 03-30-2007, 05:42 AM

hi lucky to be healthy, welcome and thanks for some new info.
pocono- lots of luck to you with your sons play this weekend and to your son, "break a leg"
Thank you everyone for the exercising warnings. I had such a stomach ache since last night and now realise it's from the crunches i did yesterday. duh???
I also went on a shopping binge the other day, still didn't get it out of my system though. I will go again tomorrow. OH, this stuff doesn't belong on this thread .
Feeling really good otherwise. Hope everyone is well today
Unread 03-30-2007, 05:52 AM

catnapper- I've been wondering about the same people. It's probably just that they all feel fabulous and are getting back into normal life- and don't have time to sit and post! That's what I'm hoping anyway.
Unread 03-30-2007, 07:10 AM

I'd recommend the tent!! I have one of those that pops up automatically and sleeps FOUR adults! Its actually a really nice tent, and we bought them air mattresses and brand new sleeping bags so its isn' t like we handed them old blankets and a tarp across a branch. But we'll see what happens this year if they all come up again. Usually my brother only brings one at a time. Reason he brought ALL three last year was because of my wedding. I was glad they could all come up for that.
Unread 03-30-2007, 07:12 AM

Today is a celebration day for me. I got back into my jeans and they were my "skinny day" jeans! And they zipped right up, no problem! Woohoooo!!!!!!! We'll see how I feel mid day but for now I'm happy and comfy! Not much discomfort around the incision and I"m increasing my activity slowly... been laid low with that nasty head cold that's going around so I've slept through most of the last two days. But I'm feeling much better driving and doing stairs. Still careful about heavy lifting though.
Unread 03-30-2007, 07:35 AM

I fit into my last summer jeans too!! yeah me!!

I can't keep up with friends, but I am getting better and better every day.

FF

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register