Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 169 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-31-2007, 10:41 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

It is so nice to hear about all the things everyone is doing. I have been getting around, but not 100%. I exercised for the past 3 days, but had a stomach ache since, so I think I'll take off for the weekend. I am also more swollen than I've been in a week, but will try to go to the mall today. Feeling much better though, overall.

Pocono, glad things are going well with the play. I am going to our play tomorrow. My oldest dd has been student producer throughout HS and this is her last play before graduating. We will all be crying like nuts.
The restaurants near the Rockaway Mall are Olive Garden, Panera, Fat Burger, Sizzler. There aren't many. Have you been to that area since they added a million stores? I have never been to the mall near you, but i'm sure i would love it. What stores are there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2007, 07:28 PM

myfatherschild,

the 12hours shifts are rather difficult, they are putting so much paper work on us ,i feel like oh i better do this paper, the heck with the patients.If my patient is critical, the heck with some of the paper work. We are a small hospital so we transfer a lot of patient, therefore more paperwork, all in all it is a good job, with good benefits.

Talk with you later,
Debbie
Unread 03-31-2007, 08:10 PM

Oh my goodness. what a day. I don't know if any of you remember my ramble about snakes. well- another run in today, I swear they had some big snake convention and decided that I was long overdue for another face to face.
Bella's (dd) 3rd birthday today (yay!!) and the party is tomorrow, so we were out in the yard playing and doing some work. I was across the yard hosing down the ping pong table when dh came over and said, now don't be alarmed as he was holding the pool skimmer pole in his hand. I had just moved it, so I thought he was about to tell me there was a snake in it or something, then he goes to attach the net to it and I saw a whole bunch of stuff at the bottom. Thinking it was a snake, I freaked. He said it wasn't over there, so I was really starting to wonder what was going on, all the while I'm terrified and Bella is starting to wonder why. So then he starts walking over to the PLAYSET! We have a huge playset on the other side of the yard, and he said it was just a small green snake, but still! A snake!!! I HATE SNAKES! I'm yelling he'd better get this one (he let the last one get away! GRRRRRRRR it's still out there getting bigger and bigger!) Anyway- he's trying to lift the huge slide with the pool skimmer and then he yells to me to go get the shovel. I said I wasn't moving- as I clutch Bella in my arms and we are both yelling at him to get the snake! He said very sternly- goget it. DH never gets that way with me, so i took off and got a spade... of course I couldn't find the shovel. So Bella and I stand up on the fireplace seating wall and watch. we had the perfect view and no slithering snakes could come get us!DH said we'd better get inside, he doesn't know what kind of snake it is. So we RAN to the screened in porch and watched some more. i guess the screaming was loud enough for our neighbor to notice, so he meanders over and talks to DH from across the fence and said oh yea- that's a copperhead. A COPPERHEAD! A POISONOUS SNAKE IN MY CHILDREN'S PLAY AREA!!!! And to make it worse- it's a BABY COPPERHEAD! That means there is a momma snake and other baby snakes nearby. DH finally caught it and got rid of it. Now I know snakes are more afraid of us (I'm not sure i really believe that one, though) and I also know they don't like noise and commotion. BUT I am not about to mess around with poisonous snakes and little children. Makes my skin crawl!
Bella jsut got this wonderful play castle that we put out near the playset, now that sucker is getting moved to the porch. It's the perfeect place for a nasty venom filled snake to hide.
This house will be overrun with 15 3 year olds plus their siblings tomorrow.... EEK.
Sorry for the vent-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2007, 08:26 PM

PLWC1 I'm not a big snake fan either but copperheads are very nonaggressive as a rule of thumb. Still would not want it in the chidrens play area however. Water Mocassins...now there's an aggressive snake. (My sil lives near Easley SC and has had similar run ins.) Have fun at the bday party tomorrow. Looks like your dh has things well in hand as far as wild life is concerned.
Unread 04-01-2007, 01:26 AM

Catnapper, Babcocks and On the Couch - Thank you for your good wishes for my ds' play. It was a great success! He and all the other players did a really great job. And of course, we video taped it, I guess now we should say dvd. A maybe funny story was (since it is 3 a.m.) yesterday morning we wake up my dh tries the video camera and it is not working. So here I am suppose to be resting for the big play at night and instead we are running out to buy a new camera. Just to let everyone know this time of year is the biggest selling season for video cameras bec of weddings, graduations, etc. We went all over town to 5 different stores and finally Sears had one left of an actual camera that we had wanted - they were the ones who told us why no one had any left. This is now 1 p.m. so we rushed home to get the battery charged. So all ended well and of course I took a 2 hour nap before going to the show. We went out to eat afterwards and my son had a lot of fun. I think he felt like a star with everyone coming up to him and congratulating him and all his friends saying nice things to him. Another funny thing was he came home on the bus on Friday after performing at school for the 5th graders and walked on the bus to all of a sudden hear a bunch of 5th graders go "Oh My" there is Andy and start yelling to other kids on the other buses that Andy was on their bus. It was so cute the kids were actually asking him to sign autographs. A star is born! (LOL) I was really happy since he had to wear eyeliner, blush and lipstick to school on Friday that not one kid actually made fun of him for it. I had warned him ahead of time that that might happen.

On the Couch - The crossings now had over 100 stores and no one walks from one end to the other anymore. I will not go on weekends. The best time to go is during the week and I usually get there early. You can get some good buys. They have a great shoe store (it is called the Warehouse or something like that) that carries 1st quality all name brand shoes. I have compared some of their prices to Zappos and some are definitely comparable. That is where I have been buying the boys their new balance or nikes for the past 1 1/2 years. If you want I can actually get you a list or you can probably check on line. They have a Gap which sometimes I get really great buys in. Last year they had such a big sale I bought $300 worth of stuff and only paid something like $180 for it but I mean I walked out of there with lots and lots of things. They have Van Heusen, if DH needs dress shirts. They have Ann Taylor, Carters, sorry it is 3 am in the morning can't remember all the names of the stores but also have Corelle, Pfattgraph (spelling) Bass shoes, Totes, the list goes on and on. If you ever decide to go up there be sure to stop at the information desk and ask for the discount brochure. I could also meet you up there. A lot of people don't know about it but the bus loads that come in get them and some of them pay $10 for it. The flyer lists every single store and gives a discount. For example when I went to Gap besides there sales prices I got 20% off anything over $100. Some of the other stores may have 10% off additional or spend $50 get 5 or 10 off etc. Tell your dd good luck (break a leg) tomorrow and I know it will be tough to see her be producer for the last time. I know what you mean by not being 100% yet but at least I feel every day is a little bit better. I know I definitely overdid it this week so now that the show is over I will take it easy this week and then next Monday I am released for everything.

Princess48 - Good luck on Monday with going back to work.

Angiedawn - Good luck at the dr and keep us posted as to what he says.

Pia - I was in on the discussion of snakes. We have copperheads up here in the poconos also. I am right there with you freaking out. Have a great time at the party. I am sure you will be exhausted after 15 3 year olds come to the house. Both my ds birthdays are in May which is always such a busy month for everyone especially since my younger one has three other friends whose birthdays are also around the same time so we have just started thinking about what to do. A couple of years ago they each had 10 friends sleep over. It was very interesting and did not even get 1 hour of sleep those nights but the boys had a great time.

Babs - how are the wedding plans going?

Everyone enjoy the rest of their weekend!

I will be posting a thread about this and I know I should probably put this on the other thread but is anyone who kept their ovaries breaking out really bad. I always get one or two pimples (sorry if tmi) around my time of the month but in the past 2 weeks I am breaking out unbelieveably (sp). My skin has never been this bad. The funny thing is that I never had a pimple until I was 21. I will be going back to proactive which can dry out your skin but really does work.

Well, now that I have gone on and on everyone enjoy the rest of their weekend.

I am so sorry for the long post. Can anyone tell I love to talk!

Again I will say I was so proud of my little "Andy" doing the show. I would never have done something like that when I was younger.
Unread 04-01-2007, 01:29 AM

Sorry, I just saw how long my post is. I hope some of you take the time to read it.
Unread 04-01-2007, 02:25 AM

hi every one im still here also but not feeling to good with my back other than that ok still reading all your mails but not much happening to me oh i walked around a lake yesterday with my dh and my little pup daisy dimple thats how i got my screen name lol after my dog
hurt a little after that i can tell you
Unread 04-01-2007, 06:14 AM

Good morning everyone! Happy April Fool's day!! I know for sure my sons will be pulling some tricks on me and dh today.

Daisydimple - So sorry you are not feeling well. Are you doing anything for your back problem?
Unread 04-01-2007, 07:00 AM

pocono
tonight i'm coming over to put you to sleep by 9. i noticed you only slept about 3 hours. how do you do it. i was snoring by 10 last night and didn't get out of bed until after 7.
i'm so proud of your son. it makes me cry just listening to your stories. he must feel amazing. congrats.
chuck e cheese party went very well, thanks. 15 , 5-6 yr olds had a blast. the girl running the party said to me, you're brave having so many kids, i said, no you are, you'll be doing all the work. now that's over and we will plan other ds birthday party.
the mall sounds great. wish i could go today. i'll check it out online
have a great day and rest.
Unread 04-01-2007, 07:50 AM
Pocono

I kept my ovaries and no break outs. I never had many problems with acne.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register