Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 170 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 04-01-2007, 08:59 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Hi there sorry i haven't been able to post these last few days. I am going to see my GP tomorrow and I hoping that she will say that I can return to work on Tuesday. However I am still experiencing pain. I also have a very small lumpy bruise a hematoma? at the top of my incision. I shall be asking her whether I should be bothered by this. It does hurt when I touch it. Apart from that I feel in good condition a bit tired but generally really good. BP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2007, 10:36 AM

Hello everyone, I went to the dr Thursday.Yes, I got two more progesterone injections. My dr said my ovaries aren't working. I also need to take a hormone pill every night. I need a MRI of my brain (pituitary microadenoma I already have) because it could be connected to my problems. I am sure this will be a fun week.I hope everyone is doing well. I will post again later.Have a great day
Unread 04-01-2007, 11:05 AM

It is good to hear from everyone today. PLWC1 and onthecouch I hope/am glad your bday parties went well. I miss all of that. I keep telling the kids I need grandchildren but nobody is listening. Oh well, all in due time.

Pocono tell your ds congratulations on his success. I'm glad the kids didn't tease. I didn't know that copperheads went that far north! Do you have timber rattlers as well? (For someone who doesn't like snakes at all I seem to have an odd fascination with them.)

We have my dd wedding dress and accouterments except for the shoes. Now we won't work on the rest until after graduation in May. She knows what she wants for the bridesmaids etc., we just have to get them ordered or sewn. Her colors are maroon and black. We are working on the guest list for both wedding and reception so that we know how big the church will need to be.

It's a beautiful day in OH. Think I will go out and cut/prune something. Just too nice to be inside.

Have a wonderful Sunday ladies!

babs

ps...has anyone heard from Img420?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2007, 11:36 AM

Had TAH BSO on Feb. 13. I feel fabulous. I'm FREEEEEEE!!!! Prior to surgery I was diagnosed w/ endometrial hyperplasia w/ atypia. Atypia was the deciding factor. Went back to work on March 19 w/ no complications. Amazing! and today I have no need for any pain pill like Ibuprofen 600 mg. etc. Fibroids were interfering w/ my bladder right before surgery (that week) but now it's cool. The anesthesia made me naseous- always happens to me. but the compozine and other antidotes helped immensely w/ that side effect. Any advice for managing hot flashes? My Dr. is not a fan of hormone replacement at all - especially for me - hypertensive. He said it could lead to stroke .
Unread 04-01-2007, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myFatherschild
FF1962: This may sound like a weird question, but you still have some Percocet left? My doc only gave me 20 and wouldn't give me any more when I was getting low, so I called my gyn and she gladly prescribed 30 more. I'm at the point now where I only take 1/2 tab when I feel especially achy and it really helps. I'm conserving them for when I start back to work because I think I'll need them when I get home.
Louise: have they said in the papers how Camilla is doing? Did she have a TAH and did they say why she needed it? So interesting to hear tidbit from "across the pond"!
My doctor gave me the same amout of Percocet. I knew a few people who did not have surgery and got more than 20. I was not happy about that at all!
Unread 04-01-2007, 12:17 PM

My Dr. gave me like 40+ which was incredible and I do have some left. This week was a good week, though. I really didn't even feel that tired after being at work all day. friday nights I just can't wait to crash with the pj's and the tv. Hope you are feeling better. I just get the hot flashes and night sweats; probably about 5X a day and night. At work it's worse b/c my students don't know what i'm talking about. The freshman boys are like, "Yo Miss it's cold here. What are you talking about?" Innocent kids hahahaha! How is Lady Camilla doing?? She's a hystersister too. I hope she's doing well, as well as all of you. I hope our friend w/ cancer is getting a positive pathology back. I'll pray for you friend. Peace and have lovely holidays.
Unread 04-01-2007, 02:00 PM

Hi all. Today is going well went to church and breakfast with my Dh. My teenage dd's worked today. They work at the same resturant. Just sitting here watching the nascar race. Not sure what else we are going to do later. Well everyone enjoy your day bye!
Unread 04-01-2007, 05:46 PM

yomiss I'm trying black cohosh for my hot flashes as I'm not a big fan of hormones. It has helped some but it has only been a couple of weeks so far. It takes a good 30 days to work. I know that a product called Balance, a phytoestrogen soy product, worked for me well before my hysterectomy. Took one in the am and one at night. I loved it. Unfortunately it affected my thyroid so I'm trying this alternative.
Unread 04-01-2007, 06:38 PM

Thanks Babcocks! I have a really cool store Edge of the Woods store near where I work in new haven, CT. They will definitely have the black cohosh. B/c at work it is the most annoying. I bring a wet washcloth in a gladbag in my work book bag and sometimes have to pull it out to cool down. At this point, my surgery was 2/13, I really feel fantastic. I'm not kidding; sometimes it feels like I didn't even have surgery. but you know that's just sometimes but it's all good and I have to say that I really don't miss that uterus. yesterday i was getting weepy about commercials on TV kind of thing; I think w/o my ovaries i may be starting to get loss of hormonal weeping. today was better. I hope you're doing okay. I'm 53 and now if i lose a few more lbs. i'm going to feel like a brand new woman. (I lost 8 lbs since surgery.) the best babcocks, happy holidays
Unread 04-02-2007, 12:53 AM

Ithink I have a hematoma. Going to docs this am. Blood and pus came out of it this morning. Feel really upset as I wanted to go back to work tomorrow. Will post with questions later.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register