Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 224 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 04-27-2007, 07:46 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Hello everyone, hope all is well. I was just telling Poconowoman at our other link, that my dd's college got a threat that a student emailed the teachers they (he or she) were coming to shoot everyone on campus.School is closed today and maybe on Monday too. I am so glad she is home with me. Her classes start late morning, so she never left. Her friend sent her a text message, to check the school web site. Oh my what is happening???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2007, 08:28 AM

Update
I am getting in with the thyroidologist!!! My doctor just called and said she was worried about insurance but they do cover it so YIPEE!!!

Guinea - that is so scary about your dd school. Hold her tight. What is wrong with kids these days. Or anyone for that matter?

Well, I have an exciting two weeks. This Sunday my BIL comes home from Iraq. I had 33 shirts made for us to wear so we all match and he can spot us. There are supposed to be over 2000 friends and family members. And...my dd turns 1 year old next Saturday. It brings such joy after the year that we had that she is here with us and healthy and I am not facing any immediate surgery (yet ) Anyway, have a blessed weekend everyone.
Unread 04-27-2007, 09:39 AM

Bookah - That is such great news. I am so happy for you that you can get in to see the dr. And what a wonderful idea to all wear the matching shirts. I am so happy he is coming home from Iraq safe. Please tell him thank you for serving our country.

Guinea - I am going to check out the other thread. That is terrible. I was just talking to my ds' scout troop comittee members who have kids away at college and how scary this all is. I still say the media does not get it. They kept posting this guys picture all over the newspapers and tv, don't they realize that any lunatic will look at this and say hey this is my way to become famous. This really upsets me. I will go check out the other thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2007, 09:44 AM

Hi Jayne, I saw your post on the other thread first. I am hoping that you will just have to pass the stone and nothing more serious. Thank g-d your dd was not at school yet. This stuff (so I don't get censored) is so unbelievable. I don't understand why the media does not realize how they do not help by plastering the guy's face all over the news and that they are actually doing more damage by letting someone else think they can become famous by going out and killing people. I hope they will know for sure that it is safe to go back to school on Monday before opening the school back up to the students.
Take care.
Nanette
Unread 04-27-2007, 10:46 AM

Hi Everyone
Nice to read about what you are all up to. I am mostly, back to normal, except for the lovely bulge over my incision. I am back to doing everything I did before the surgery. I love your list, book. You are too funny. I'm feeling well enough now to realize how great it is to not get all those cramps and ovulation pains and the bleeding. I think we have all come a long way. My biggest problem is that I still get really bad stomach aches and thought it was caused by all the adhesions, cysts, endo etc. But it may be the ibs I never believed I had. I don't know. I was fine for about 2 months after surgery, but it's been getting bad again. I hate to tell you what my dh and I, think is the cause. We narrowed it down to sex. It seems I always end up on the potty for hours after sex. ****! And something is wacky with my hormones because I just told him I need a lot more sex than I'm getting. You could just imagine the look on his face now, everytime he looks at me. Well, now that I've given all of you way TMI, I hope someone can help me out with this problem. Any ideas?
Talk to you later
Caroline
Unread 04-27-2007, 12:27 PM

Caroline... I"m not surprised that there is some discomfort or ill effects after playground visits... but if it puts you on the potty I'd say it MAY be IBS. I found BEFORE my surgery that after certain types of exams or ANY activity that poked around my innards, I had an upset intestinal tract for a day or so.... have you talked to your doctor at all about this? Hopefully it will get better with time (and practice! ) but I can imagine it's annoying. As for your increased need, I wrote about that myself recently on this site. I have only noticed it in the past 3 weeks but definitely my changing needs are surprising. And not in line with what I'd heard from others. (not that that's a bad thing!)
Unread 04-27-2007, 01:04 PM

I think we all just need to stop WATCHING the news and buying papers that put these people's picture out there. you know if they dont' get an audience they won't do it! That's what I did in the days following VT's tragedy. I just didn't WATCH the news. If a show had a special on it or mentioned victims or the perpetrator I turned it off. Its just too depressing and I'm always amazed that when something like this happens, suddenly there's no other news to report!!! What is up with that?

Flatfroggie, I'll have to look into that software. I know my DP feels that the struggle she has with her writing is part of her personal learning process but sometimes it CAN get to her. And at work it'd probably help immensely with presentations and meetings.

Bookah - so glad you're getting in to that doc. Best of luck!

Guineapig... eek! That's so scary for all concerned when that kind of news goes out there about a terrorist at campus (or anywhere!) Even if school IS open next Monday I know I'd be scared. People say we can't let it stop us from living but today's world definitely takes some brave people! We need to reach out to each other and tell people how we feel about them every chance we get because we really DON'T know what our lives will bring.
Unread 04-27-2007, 03:42 PM

guineapigs38...today my daughter who is in college in Fort Lauderdale Florida and is 2 weeks away from having a baby was on her college campus about to enter a building and when she opened the door everyone was running and screaming get out..run....an officer saw her condition and told her she needed to quickly leave campus and so far all she's heard on the news is that all campus' (4 campus locations around town) were closed. No explanation as of yet. But she said teachers, students everyone was running like mad to escape.
Unread 04-27-2007, 06:00 PM

Madeline
Thanks for your response. I have been thinking I must be crazy to have such a reaction, but maybe not. I will definately speak to my friend first, who works for a gastro doc. Then I will follow up with a dr visit. Unfortunately, I have had these stomach issues for years, but I am not willing to give up the playground because of it. There must be a solution and I suppose, now, that is my next journey. I really thought the hysterectomy would help with my issues, but I won't give up and live like this forever. Thanks for caring.
Unread 04-27-2007, 10:47 PM

Bookah, way to go! I'm glad your persistance paid off.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Laura

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register