Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 226 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 04-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Hi Laura, I posted my note to you on the other thread. It just gets so confusing sometimes so I will repeat it here.

I don't like you anymore - only kidding (lol)! I truly am laughing as I write this. That would be my dream to sleep 11 hours straight. Actually I would jump for joy if I slept for 7 straight hours. You must have really needed the sleep. Have fun with your spring cleaning. I am still trying to get up the energy to do mine. Talk to you later.

Everyone have a great evening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2007, 06:46 PM

joyteam: I noticed the big O isn't as powerful, but then since everything was removed I feel it's probably not as intense due to no cervix and no ovaries producing hormones..but hey, thank goodness I still get the big O.

poconowoman: the numbness is called parasthesia...from the nerves being cut during surgery. I actually have it on the upper part of my leg...it's gotten better as it was all the way across my abdomen and other leg. In time it may or may not go away. Take extra B6 or a B vitamin complex as those help with nerve problems.

cbrn: since my diagnosis with cancer as well i'm back eating organic and downing herbs and vitamins and exercising. Once you realize your body can produce cancer cells it's quite scary. Mine all gone too since the hysterectomy...yahoo...but never want to hear those words again so eating healthy, living healthy, thinking healthy :-)

To everyone....have a great week... feel good!!
Unread 04-29-2007, 08:15 PM

I have a question for flatfroggie and anyone else who may have noticed a difference in the Big "O" now that our playgrounds are active again. Is it seeming to be less powerful, longer to achieve, not as earthshaking?? A friend who also had a hysterectomy said it may take some time, but to be patient. Of course, I'm believing that my mind is in the way: thinking too much. I also believe that the uterus is a big factor since it held so much blood and the rush that I would normally feel has no where to rush from, lol! Well, I'd love to know what others are feeling.[/quote]

Hi there~
TMI warning, I am going to be very open about this big "O" thing......Well, mine are not longer to achieve or much less powerful. They are different. The sense of exhaustion/relief immediately after is not as Earth shattering. Different......Elusively so. I think since the uterus and cervix are gone my "O's" don't really feel like they are starting anywhere. Unanchored. Like just contractions, not starting anywhere or going anywhere, just happenning. Now, that said, I am feeling like they are getting progressively stronger and they do say that a great deal of the sexual response is between the ears, not the legs. It is hard to let go and let it happen when you are expecting it to hurt from internal stitches. If it only gets better from here, I'm good.

The trade offs are good. I really was having a lot of constant cervical pain during sex/daily activity. My pathology report showed cervicitis. I freaked out. Said to my Dr. "That's an infection right?" He said not necessarily, "itis" means inflamed because of something that could be a foreign object, a bacteria or fungus, or it could be just the way it was for me. But the cervix was irritated. Could have been from moving around too much from the bit of prolapse.....And the uterus had to go. It just had to. So I am still healing and glad that my "O's'" are still there. If anything I am more "game" for multiples because they don't "wipe me out" like they did before. So many many slightly smaller "O's" actually is fun too. Not having painful sex is very good too. So all in all I am much happier. The only thing I miss is so hard to discribe. The blood~filled uterus theory is probably exactly right.

DH can't tell any difference EXCEPT I am not saying "ouch" constantly and I am more open to trying new positions because my fear of pain is greatly reduced.

Well other than that I am feeling pretty good. I helped paint a friend's new house today. Red in the kitchen and Chocolate Brown everywhere else. I will probably drown in hot chocolate in my dreams tonight. I am toast. I hope my post makes sense.

Nighty night all

Flats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2007, 10:24 PM

Ladies, now that you are more than 8 weeks post op, this progress thread has served its purpose and is no longer needed.

We invite you to continue to participate, replying in support of other members with questions or starting a thread to ask questions of your needs.

Thank you for making a difference at Hystersisters.com with your "woman to woman" support and kindness.
Unread 04-29-2007, 10:44 PM

Hi Everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know I was over at the post op thread and we received a note 1st from Catherine to remind us to only post about post op surgery issues and then it was switched and we have a message from Princess Bea Well. It looks like they are closing the thread and this will be the only thread to talk on now. Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow.
Unread 04-29-2007, 10:58 PM

((( Poconowoman ))) True the recovery progress report thread has been closed.

We ask you, though, to please don't simply hibernate here on this thread. Please venture out into the other forums and back into the post-op forum and answer questions and provide support and hugs to other women...even those not in your date timetable.

You'll meet more women who need you!

Hugs to each of you! You are a blessing and make a difference!
Unread 04-30-2007, 07:37 AM

Yup, I went on the other thread this morning and saw that note. But at least we have this thread to keep in touch! Hope everyone had a good weekend. My DP and I went to NYC for the day on Saturday. It was fun but VERY crowded. She'd never been to NYC before so I thought it would be good to take one of those open top bus tours around the city to give us a "lay of the land" before picking a couple sites... ooooops! We stood in line for an hour and a half waiting for the bus! Not because it was late but because there were so many people in there doing the same thing! And then a 2 hour bus tour ended up being 3 1/2 hours long (and we got off EARLY!) because of all the traffic and a big parade. But we had fun anyway. Saw LOTS of places we want to go back and see close up... smelled LOTS of awesome food... lots of flowering trees were in bloom (achoo!) and the sun was with us more often than not. My incision was NOT happy with all that standing up so I was a bit uncomfortable on the train ride home but it was a beautiful day and a exciting adventure for us! Now I have three more weeks at work then a WEEK OFF for our trip to FL and then I start my new job! I have this coming Friday off because I'm going to a regional conference for the group I'm singing with. Probably another weekend my incision won't be happy but I figure I have to push myself a bit more each time. By Sunday I know I'll be QUITE tired, but it'll be another weekend of fun and activity and its SO nice to be able to do all that stuff again! Its been a long time!!!!!!
Madeline
Unread 04-30-2007, 10:42 AM

Hi Ladies what a beautitful Monday morning here in S NJ. It so nice out. My lower limbs just don't want to feel like moving they hurt STILL. My daughters bridal shower was this weekend and I am still cleaning up. That maybe why I hurt. I just can't seem to get moving. Saturday I was speedy Gonzalus today I am the torteus (spelling). Well that is out of the way. There was an elderl ladie over at the shower and I was telling her about my belly pain. As I was standing there talking to her the pain started and I showed her where it started then it began some place else a few seconds later and i showed her where. She said I bet it is gas. Well, I took some gas X and it seemed to take that pain away. I sure hope that is what it is. Maybe my system is just so different now from everything I went thru that now I have to see what pains are what. I really trust her judgement because she has a colostomy bag and whom better to know what something might feel like in the belly. I still have messed up bowels though. UHG.
Madeline isn't NYC great? I have only been there a few times and I live about an hour and a half away. The city is so full of energy. I love it.
Hi Nanette, how are your legs? Don't you go to the dr this week?
Well, better get off of here have a good day.
Unread 04-30-2007, 10:55 AM

Hi all my sisters. I am feeling pretty good. Hope all of you are getting there to. I am just really bored nothing to do. I need to find something to do lol. Ok well all of my sisters have a great day and week bye for now!
Unread 04-30-2007, 10:56 AM

ilv2so6 - I spent MANY Thanksgiving weeks in NYC back in the 70's and early 80's but hadn't been back since. When they say "the new Times Square" they're not kidding!!!! LOL And Washington Square Park is SO cleaned up. I had been there and the village in the past few years but definitely its a fun place to hang out. For us it was a 3 - 4 hour train ride each way.... next time we'll plan ahead enough so we can stay overnight and actually spend at least a few days. But definitely worth even just a day trip! And the weather was perfect! But standing for an hour and a half waiting for the tour bus and then sitting still for 3 - 4 hours twice in one day.... my incision was just a bit less happy than normal! LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register