Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 229 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 05-01-2007, 11:45 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Bagpus - thank you so much. I don't think I am so wise. I did not know you were still on and I just sent you a pm. I kept my ovaries and I think I am pms-ing (is that a word). All I feel like doing is crying today besides being very tired as I ran around too much yesterday. I also still get the pulling on my incision. I don't think the drs tell us the truth when they say 6 to 8 weeks to recover. I think they mean until we can start to do things but we are definitely not anywhere near 100% yet.

Elizabeth - So glad you had a good time at the playground. (lol)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2007, 11:58 AM

Ok. This is terrible I keep missing posts.
Hi Theresa, I have not spoken to you for a while. I hope everything is going well with everyone in the family. You sound like you are doing so much better. I am so glad especially since you have so many big events coming up. I cannot wait for the shots next week. I am going to be so disappointed if they don't work. I have started lifting weights again, only 2 pounds but I figure that is better than nothing. I will talk again soon.
Nanette
Unread 05-01-2007, 12:00 PM

Hmmm... I'll have to look for that piece. I used to sing with a women's chorus in Boston who did a piece by Hildegard von Bingen.... she's from the 12th century. VERY interesting woman composer! In our competition we get to perform two pieces and take up to 6 minutes... if we go over we lose points, if we sing less than 3 minutes we lose points. They judge on music, showmanship, vocal production, arrangements, etc etc..... we're hoping to come home with at least one medal. Its fun. I'm not very competitive but love to work on the craft itself so doing well is just a sign that yo'ure heading in the right direction. Will definitely let everyone know how we do! I'm just glad to have gotten back in shape sufficiently to be doing this! Most women in the group are surprised (those who've gone through similar surgery) that I"m up and able enough to stick with it!

Rodswife, that's great news!!!!! Playground activities are good for us in so many ways. Definitely gets some muscles back in shape that we kind of don't use otherwise!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2007, 12:00 PM

Wow - I just looked at who is online.
Hi, Bagpus, Theresa, LotsofBears, Madeline and Elizabeth. I don't think we have had that many sisters on line at once for a long time. I am so excited. I know it is the little things that keep me going. I can't believe here it is 2:00 in the afternoon already. I can honestly say I have not accomplished anything today except talking on here. I hate being so tired all the time.
Nanette
Unread 05-01-2007, 12:10 PM

Hi Nanette - I agree that maybe we don't understand that 6 - 8 week recovery thing. My doc said 6 - 8 weeks of being laid up and then I can BEGIN to get myself back in shape, but not to expect to feel 100% til about the 6 month mark and to realize that in reality I won't be 100% healed for up to a year after the surgery!!!! When you hear THAT it makes you rething ALL your expectations. I do feel I"m getting better and better, but last night I went out to rake in the garden... lots of wet leaves with a metal rake.... ouch! My stomach wasn't happy with that. I quit after about 15 minutes and for the rest of the night just felt worn out!
Unread 05-01-2007, 12:16 PM

Madeline - it does seem to be trial and error. We don't know what we can do until we try and it hurts. My dr also said it would be a year before I am completely healed. I am definitely feeling less pulling than I expected when picking up the food shopping bags but I just did it for the first time last week. So I am hoping I gave myself a good start on healing bec I am worried about getting a lot of adhesions back since I did not even know I had them until the surgery. I figure they were from my 2 c-sections. I will talk to everyone soon. I really have to go get some things done before the kids get home. I hope everyone has a great evening or day according to where in the world they are. Take care.
Nanette
Unread 05-01-2007, 12:18 PM

Hi Ladies,

I agree with the whole lack of energy thing. I haven't work but 2 full days since I came back to work 4 weeks ago. I start them up next week. I couldn't believe it when "they" told me it could take up to a year to heal totally from this. Here is a little laugh for you all. After my surgery I told my boss, I'll be back to work in 8 weeks but it could take up to a year for me to heal totally...his response...can we change the outcome of this? I asked the recovery or the surgery? He says "yes" I told him it was too late this point! But seriously he has been great, telling not to overdo and go home when I need to.

We will all get better, we just have to keep the faith.

Stacie
Unread 05-01-2007, 01:18 PM

Hi everyone, Ijust wanted to quick check in. I have been off for a few days due to some new medical problems. I just feel like it never ends, and I really need a break. I was going to have a nice quiet soak in the tub last night by my 7 year old broke his arm on the playground at school. It isn't too severe and he is really being a trooper but I don't have much time trying to work from home and play nurse. I'll check in on everyone as soon as possible.
Unread 05-01-2007, 01:40 PM

so sorry bookah~

broken bones, yikes!

FF
Unread 05-01-2007, 02:01 PM

Stacie - lucky you! When I told my employer I was going to be out for a month they almost lost it. I promised to be working from home as of day 10 which was fine, and they let me do half days in and half days at home for two weeks (week 5 and 6) but then expected me to be here full time... and when I recently asked for vacation in May they said, "you just had a month off!!!!" Like the time I was recuperating and working from home (with a laptop on my lap from 8:30 AM to 5 PM EVERY DAY!) was actually fun and should do for me for this year! Geesh!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register