Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 39 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

I didn't stick to my plan of staying in bed. I went out for coffee with my cousin.I am back in bed now though.Today is a leaking bladder day too.This is more difficult than I could ever imagine.I know in the long run it will be okay.This would be a great time for a vacation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2007, 12:53 PM

That is so funny bagpuss. I live in Chelmsford too... just a different country. I used to live in England... I lived in Arundel actuallly, but that was over 20 years ago! Beautiful area. I hope to get back there sometime within the next year or so.

Daisydimple - Yes being somewhere 16 years probably helps a bit. I don't usually use sick time. And even vacation time doesn't always get used. But I just feel that if someone is healing from something as major as this, the company should have a certain level of understanding AND short term disability which would have at least provided me with SOME income... then again, it worked in their favor because I probably WOULDN'T have worked from home.. they'd have had to do without me for a full month...this way they got me back after I'd only been out a week and a half. Oh well....my next job will have short term disability AND more vacation time and I've learned another life lesson. That's how I have to look at it. I wish you well in feeling better VERY SOON!
Unread 03-01-2007, 01:29 PM

Hi ((( Ladies )))

Sorry for the interruption. I'd like to point out a special event going on here at Hystersisters.com during the month of March:

March of the Crown Jewels

Would you consider upgrading your membership during the month of March? If you can upgrade, this is a great time!

Prize drawings during the month of March...along with my deep gratitude is awaiting you as a thank you for your support of Hystersisters.com. It's a great way to give back to this website if its been helpful to you!

Click here for more info

I hope each of you are encouraged by the support and friendships you have gained through HysterSisters.com!

And now...back to your progress reports.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2007, 02:14 PM

I have short term disability but had to use sick time for the first two weeks. The second two weeks I get disability and the amount they paid me did not even equal two days pay. So - I am basicly not getting paid for the second two weeks. I work for a hospital! I will definetly go back to work after my fourth week. I need the money. I agree that corperations should be more empathetic to their employees. I have been with that hospital for 10 years. I don't think that most people know what their pay would be if they had a major illness or surg. I didn't think that it would be so little.
I hope that everyone's healing is progressing well.
Unread 03-01-2007, 05:34 PM

Bagpuss
A fanny pack is something you wear instead of carrying a purse. You strap it around your waist so your hands are free especially good for traveling and sightseeing. Sometimes the behind is referred to as a fanny--so therefore: fanny pack
I'm assuming from your response you probably use the word the same way the Australians do.
Unread 03-01-2007, 05:35 PM

Had a real good day but spent too much time on my feet and moving around. Very swollen on right side now--ow
Unread 03-02-2007, 03:35 AM

To Kappel and Bagpuss, In the UK it's a 'Bum Bag' and in the US it's a 'Fanny Pack'. This is really good fun and I look forward to learning more about our differences.

To Daisydimple, I am in total agreement with you, I am in no way ready to go to go back to work yet. I went to the hairdressers yesterday, cut and colour, actually thought that it wouldn't be a problem. Hmmmm, what was I thinking!!!! needless to say the afternoon was spent watching telly....again. (isn't daytime telly mind numbing?).

To Kathy, 'Keeper of the Keys', This site is just the best thing. Thankyou for starting it, It has been a great help to me and I just love to chat to all these 'wonderful, like minded and in the same boat girls'. Again, thanks.
Unread 03-02-2007, 07:09 AM

My new dilema is I can't sleep. I didn't fall asleep until 4am.My DH had to leave early, so I had my old duty back of getting my son up for school.I managed to get him out the door. Then 2 hours later I get a call from the school nurse, come get him, he is sick.I was finally getting some sleep too. Now I am listening to my daughter's alarm, no need to go back to sleep now until she leaves.I hope everyone got a good night's sleep, cause this stinks.I just want to SLEEP.
Unread 03-02-2007, 07:39 AM

Oh my Gosh!! Mindnumbing and beyond. If I have to watch anymore Anna Nicole or hear about Britney Spears, I am going to scream. I don't like to watch game shows or reruns of series shows. I like news channels and good movies (old Cary Grant movies, Jimmy Stewart, Gregory Peck--My mother raised me on these.) so if there's not a good movie on I'm stuck with the news of the day. This last few weeks have been insane. I emailed my teacher friend at school and let her know if she had any questions about the Anna Nicole situation I could keep her up on it all!!
Unread 03-02-2007, 07:46 AM

Hey y'all! I have been really dizzy and I don't have a clue as to why. Could it be from the Prempro I'm on? Any info would be great. Also, I feel great all day, but at about 6pm I feel like I've been hit by a truck! I figured that since I had the LSH, I would be back to my old self at least last week. Am I wrong to assume this? Am I expecting too much from myself? I feel like I'm just being a big baby and that I should be fine by now! Sorry to whine, but I need somebody to listen! Please let me know if I am totally crazy! E

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register