Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 52 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-06-2007, 06:38 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Last night I had t he worst headache I have ever had!! It was horrible, and even after the motrin it didn't go awa. I don't usually get headaches, certainly not this bad.
Where are they coming from??? Any tips on how to get rid of them??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2007, 06:41 AM

GUINEAPIGS38
You really did have a crazy-bad-Monday! I hope today goes sooo much better for you.

Dh and I celebrated our 25th anniversary yesterday with dinner (french onion soup-my favorite) and the movie Ghostrider. Today we decide if it will be Nashville or SC for the weekend. I can't wait!

Lots of discomfort yesterday with my cuff, but today it seems some better. Still a little sore. Oh well, if I spike a temp I guess I'll know I should have paid closer attention. Not much going on here today so I think I will rest most of the time.
Unread 03-06-2007, 07:36 AM

Happy Anniversary, Babcocks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2007, 07:54 AM
I think I can, I think I can!!! I can!!!

I did it!! I had my first solo (no colace, no MOM) in 26 days!!

I had that terrible virus in which every drop of my being poured out last Wed, Thurs & Fri - (Quite the experience)the mere thought of taking anything just sent me into panic - so I tried, and I tried and after 5 days Oatbran, raisins, and good old fashion shredded wheat I DID IT! I feel like a new woman and my whole outlook changed- I can handle anything shriveled boobs, itchy skin, hotflashes, spotting and even the exhaustion, I'm pooped out now going to take a nap!!!! but just had to share with someone(s)! Thanks Ladies!!!

It amazes me at what my life has become!!!
Unread 03-06-2007, 07:56 AM

CONGRATS!! glad it came out O. K.!!
Unread 03-06-2007, 08:02 AM

I've been doing stairs with little to no problem for the past couple weeks. Some days going down the stairs hurt a little bit. Usually depending on how swollen my belly is. But I started doing stairs at about 10 - 14 days.... only once or twice a day. I'm 4 weeks out as of Thursday and probably do stairs 4 or 5 times a day. Not at lightning speed, but also not one at a time. I think you have to build up to it. In the beginning I had someone walk behind me on the way up and in front of me on the way down. Some days are tougher than others with stairs, again, I think its because of the swelling. But I'm now taking a shower on my own. Still haven't started walking the dogs again because of all the snow and ice outside. But I did drive over the weekend. It isn't the most comfortable thing to do but for short trips I'm ok. Yay! Slowly but surely I'm feeling closer to my old self but I'm thinking I won't be truly back on track til another month or so. I'm hoping going back to work tomorrow will help me continue on the road but I'm definitely going to be needing to rest in the evenings!!!!

As for avoiding apple pies by eating oatmeal, let me know how that goes. I'm thinking I'd just do BOTH! LOL
Unread 03-06-2007, 08:02 AM

babcocks
So far so good, because I am still in bed, where it is safe, I can't get in any trouble here. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. Enjoy your weekend trip.
Unread 03-06-2007, 08:07 AM

I had that same stomach bug. YUCK!!! Definitely not a fun experience. Best of luck to all of us in our own individual recovery tracks. We're not all at the same place, but we ARE all recovering! Each in our unique way!
Unread 03-06-2007, 08:38 AM

Hi ladies
glad to hear we are all seeming to move bit by bit in th right direction. I can't imagine going without the colace until I can give up all the extra iron! I wonder if I can go to just a mutivitamin? I just got the swelly belly band and that made the meeting at the office much more tolerable. Today I might go to a Chili & Chat here in the neighborhood tonight. Try to walk later today
Bests
Reb
Unread 03-06-2007, 08:59 AM

Congrats Img!!! haahaha.. isn't it amazing the thigns that make us so proud now?
I have a Dr. appt today and I think I'm going to drive myself to it. My DH said he would take me, that he would prefer to take me, but I think I should jsut go for it. I haven't been out of the house at all inthe past month, except for a trip to the Dr for an infection, a walk with the kids (someone else pulling the wagon of course) and my ill fated attempt to drive. I had trouble getting up into the car (suburban!!!) and then the seat belt! UgH. I made it to the top of the street and had to get out, which was in itself painful.
But it's been almot 2 weeks since that day and hopefully, things will go smoothly. It's not far~ I am not going to take any pills, so it should be fine, right?
Wish me luck!! And if an of you live in Rock Hill, stay off the roads around 2!! haha

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register