Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 86 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

I haven't had a problem with appetite but DO know this is a common complaint. My guess is its from everthing having to move back into place, or move to a NEW place once the surgery is over. For me I had a football sized fibroid PLUS the uterus of a 6 month pregnancy being removed, so lots of relocation going on in there. I find that dizziness more than nausea has been my surprise. But I guess one could cause the other. Plus, if you've had surgery due to problems which also caused anemia, it could be that your blood levels still aren't where they should be. I'd give the doc a call just to see what their take is on nausea. And if they approve, maybe try taking motion sickness pills after a meal for a week or so. I did that a long time ago when i was having a similar problem and it worked awesome!

I had my 2nd post op at 4 weeks and one day. Doc said everything was healing very well, but give it one more week of working part time before I go back full time. I've been driving up to 20 minutes at a time but still find walking around a store pretty tiring. Sitting at a desk for 3 - 4 hours is also tiring and makes my incision sore...

I've also noticed a little less swelly belly the past couple days, but I also noticed my breasts are looking smaller. I think my body is adjusting to different levels of hormones and it'll be another few weeks until I can figure out what "normal" will be for me. My doctor did tell me to keep in mind that healing takes up to a full year... and although the external incision is healed, and the vaginal cuff is close to healed, everything else inside is at the very beginning of the process and I just have to be patient and continue to cut myself some slack.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2007, 12:18 PM

Daisydimple, we have all had that problem at one time or another during this recuperation, I am going through it now, I spent Sat on my feet for 5-6 hrs and slept all night and day yesterday and still swelly belly today, yes I feel discouraged, a little ****** off too, but I know from the other Ladies here it will, in time - improve! Please don't get discouraged, rest and then trudge on!!
Unread 03-12-2007, 12:22 PM

Singingmad- I just started with the dizziness today, I am so glad you mentioned it but 2ce today I got it and even sitting here feeling like "motion sickness", I will ride it out todday and start the motion sickness patch tomorrow if this is something that plans on sticking around, 2 steps forward, 2 steps backward, this is getting crazy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2007, 12:31 PM

Hi jujubear - It sounds like MAYBE you could try getting up a bit earlier and maybe sitting up a bit longer each day, but driving an hour each way... I'm only up to driving 20 minutes or so at a time. I started working from home day 10, but from a laptop on a breakfast tray while I was propped up with pillows. I went back to my office last Wednesday for a half day (which was 4 weeks minus a day) and after 3 1/2 hours I was in pain, exhausted and ready to go home and not come back! The next day I went to a job interview, to work for a half day, and then out for a couple hours to sit an listen to a chorus... I was BEAT when I got home. Friday I stayed home all day except to go to my doctor and I felt like doing NOTHING... Saturday I did a little bit around the house but slept most of the day, yesterday I went to a party in the afternoon, went for a visit to my inlaws, but last night I was wiped out! This morning I drove to work (a bit later than my usual start time) and stayed for four hours then came home. I guess what I'm saying is I'd recommend taking it slowly but building up your stamina. Can you do part time for a bit? will they let you start later in the morning? I mean, rather than not going back til a couple weeks later, maybe the'yll let you start back slowly... give you a couple weeks to build back. My doctor actually wouldn't release me for full time work for another week... "unless I was going to get fired otherwise". It might be worth checking with them.
Unread 03-12-2007, 12:57 PM

Ladies, if you've been allowed 8 weeks to recover, please realize that the doctors know best!! Why push it? Oh I know, it's that "I can do it!" attitude that most women have. Well, I know I can do it but I absolutely REFUSE TO GO BACK TO WORK BEFORE 8 WEEKS!! Please relax and enjoy the rest of your time to recover! Work will always be there waiting!
Unread 03-12-2007, 01:36 PM

Hi everyone,
I am feeling a bit better today. Constipation woes have improved. My bladder seems to be acting weird but hopefully this will resolve. I feel like I am leaking a bit, only since last week. I got a clean bill of health at my 4 week check up but it started right after that.
I have been out today to meet my friend at Starbucks and I drove! It was just like old times pre-surgery and it felt good to have got myself there. I sat back in the armchair so it was quite comfortable. My belly does not seem as swollen the last few days, now 5 weeks post-op today.
My breasts are sore - ovaries must have kicked in. I felt a bit low over the last few days, but feel better now that I have been out. I think I really should take the 8 weeks off work. We think we can do things but really we know we should give ourselves that little bit of extra time. I have an office job, part-time. By the way, I can now sneeze without any pain - hurrah.
Happy healing to you all.
Unread 03-12-2007, 01:38 PM

Still feeling giddy/dizzy. I walk around like a little old lady but I'm 5ft 11ins so I've never exactly been little. The bladder issues that I have do not seem to go away. It feels like I'm peeing along a very painful tube. It is the same with my bowels as if something needs to do a lot more healing and at the moment is still very bruised. Did a lot of walking today but my scar hurts constantly. Am I ready for work? I dont know. Feeling a bit miserable and sorry for myself tonight. I think that dh is withdrawing help and support as he believes that I'm better now. I usually do most of the chores around the house so it is hardly surprising that he notices if I cannot do something. Really want to get some of my old fitness back but know that I'm not there yet. Just not feeling my old cheerful self tonight ok?
Unread 03-12-2007, 02:00 PM

I've been dizzy the past few days as well. Hmmm. I wonder why that is? Could it be from lack of activity maybe? I was so dizzy I fell the other day... scared DH half to death, I think. He graciously led me to the couch, where I stayed for a while. A few dizzy spells today, too.
This motion sickness patch cures dizziness? I'm not nauseous, and I'm almost getting my appetite back...
Unread 03-12-2007, 02:18 PM

Hi singingmad good to have you back on board. Going to bed cause I feel so depressed. Bagpuss.
Unread 03-12-2007, 02:53 PM

I just have a question? I don't remember why anyone wears regular pants or jeans!!! Is there any reason to wear anything other than pj pants or sweatpants. :smilie5:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register