Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 88 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Dear i completely understand, i thought oh yeah this is gonna be a piece of cake.ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the uti's are giving me a run for my money, i am on my 3rd round of antibiotics, never had one in a very long time before surgery. I am scheduled to go back to work 12 hours shifts on the 19 , wish me luck, i work in an emergency, but there is no sympathy.

Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2007, 07:49 PM

RN45- I was at Mobile Infirmary. They were very nice to me. Dr. Lawrence Carpenter did my surgery. I am so sorry to hear that you are having problems. What ER do you work in?

Kappel- I like the fact that the project really helped personalize the Holocaust for the students. Eyes on The Prize is great. I am waiting for PBS to rerun it so I can record it. It cost almost $400. I try very hard to teach tolerance in my class by showing students the horrible intolerances of the past. We are starting the novel The Summer We Got Saved by Pat Cunningham Devoto. It's historical fiction but it takes place in Alabama with some storylines taking place at the Highlander Folk School and a sit-in in Nashville. I can't wait for my students to get into the depths of this book. If you have time- read it! The author is a sweet woman.
Unread 03-12-2007, 07:56 PM

Hurray for the sneezing without too much pain. I sneezed for the first time in 4 weeks last week and it was such an amazingly frightening feeling, until I realized it wasn't so painful. I was anticipating the dreaded first sneeze but it was a good experience since it was in week 4 of recovery! Wow, you are already driving?? My dr won't release me to drive until 2 more weeks. Lucky you! Take it easy and don't go back to work before 8 weeks, that's my mantra!! God Bless and take care of yourself FIRST!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2007, 07:57 PM

Goodnight everyone-

I have to get up in 7 1/2 hours!

Barb
Unread 03-12-2007, 08:27 PM

Wow- I am truly out of the loop. What is this paper clip documentary about? When I first read your post, I thought to myself, surely this woman isn't watching- and getting engrossed in- a documentary about paper clips. But I gather from the other posts that it is about something else alltogether? Please enlighten me!!
Unread 03-12-2007, 08:37 PM

RN 55
I had surg the same day as you and went to work today. 9 hours. I am very tired and a little sore/ crampy but not too bad. Everyone was good about helping. Dialyisis. I hope that everyone at your work will be considerate of you. enjoy this week of healing.
Unread 03-12-2007, 09:34 PM

I too am interested in the paper clip documentary? something to do with the Holocaust?...
Hope everyone has a good night
:bedjump:
Reb
Unread 03-12-2007, 09:58 PM

Ok, I guess I am coming on while everyone else is going to sleep.

Gunieapigs and Bagpus45, Sorry you are having a bad day. I know your frustration. I finally felt this week on Thursday I had turned the corner and was getting better. Sunday I did nothing all day which was ok but then I wake up Monday morning with lots of pain that wont ease up until about 1:00 p.m. I started crying to my dh again about the frustration and I never thought healing would take this long. He reminded me of the little things I am doing to show improvement. But in a little while I will be taking percocet again since my pain is starting to become unbearable. I know from everyone here that this seems to be the theme. One day good, the next day bad.

Guineaspigs - I have been having the brown discharge and my dr said it is normal and can last up to 12 weeks and then it should disappear. I saw him this past Thurs and now I won't see him again until March 26 when he will do an internal.
The good news is that after finally having the pain ease up and since my dh was home today I drove today for the first time. We went to pick up my older son at school, only ten minutes away but I did it. The tightness and stretching on the incision was not so great but I was so excited to be able to do it. I know my friends are there for me with giving my kids rides to where they have to go but I am starting to feel like I feel funny asking because they don't really know what this surgery is like and I am not sure they really understand how long it takes to heal even though as I said they have been great. My one girlfriend whose kids are at the same bus stop has been picking up my 11 year old in the freezing cold weather to take to the bus stop and taking them other places too.

Sorry for the long post but at least I feel I actually accomplished something today.

Babcocks, I know today will be a very hard day for you and our thoughts and prayers are with you and all the families and friends who have lost someone.

I hope everyone has sweet dreams.
Unread 03-13-2007, 12:08 AM

Thank you Catnapper, Singingmad and Joyteam. I am only hopping that my dr says that I can not go back to work yet. I work for an insurance company, and they say that the normal time off that is needed for a TAH BSO is only 6 weeks to the day of the surgery. Even though FMLA will cover up to 8 weeks any time I take after the 6 weeks will be taken from my vacation time and personal days before they will give me time off with out pay. Very Very unfair, since I want to take a real vacation this year with my dh and ds's, will be the last one before the oldest ds goes away to college. I did get up this am at 10am, took a shower and got dressed and went to lunch and to store with dh, but was very tired this afternoon. I am able to drive that is not an issue for me, but I am so afraid that driving home after an 8 hr day w/1/2 hr for lunch is going to be very tiring. No place to take a nap at lunch at work either. I am really hoping that the dr can find a medical reason for me to only go back parttime or not for another week. As you can see I am on the computer late, because of night sweats and have lots of trouble sleeping in bed w/ dh.........he gives off a lot of heat. I end up in the easy chair in our room or on the couch.........not good sleep there either. I live in central Wi and it is only about 25 to 30 at night, and I sleep w/window open, it is on my side of bed and fan on high blowing on me also, with no covers on..........AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH still so hot at night. Hope this goes away soon. Need good sleep at night. In the am, when dh gets up I go stretch out in bed and sleep great then. All have a good night and hope that you all get better day by day. Hopefully I do to. I will try and post during day tomorrow. Good Luck all, and I wish I had 8 weeks off.
Unread 03-13-2007, 03:49 AM
Paper Clip Documentary

A middle school in Whitwell Tennessee was learning about the Holocaust and one of the students asked how much is 6 million? So they decided to collect 6 million of something to see how big the number was. They chose the paperclip because after researching the Holocaust some they found out that the Norweigains, who invented the paperclip, wore them on their collars as a show of support for the Jewish population during the war. The school ended up collecting over 29 million paperclips. 11 million -one for every person (Jew, Gypsy, Homosexual, etc.) killed by the Nazis, are now stored in a vintage German railcar in the back of their school as part of a permanent memorial to the victims of the Holocaust. Peaople from around the world mailed paperclips to the school often with letters describing who the paperclip represented. It truly is a wonderful story.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register