Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 98 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-15-2007, 08:07 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Good Morning All. I've been reading everyones posts and wondering where I fit in. Tomorrow is 5 weeks and I still can't sleep on either side yet. My belly still feels rug burned and I still feel pressure down below when I bare down or cough, but I have been driving and cooking and visiting with friends and dh has taken me out to dinner twice and I don't feel tired like I did in the beginning and I stopped taking percocet on the 2nd day I was home. That pill is nasty. I think it was making me sick. Now I just take 800 Motrin 3 times a day. My 6 week check is next Thursday and I am very nervous about it. I think trying to do a little bit each day will help to get your strengh back even if it's just one thing and then maybe the next day an added something( nothing major)will help. I too am so very grateful for this web site. You gals have helped me a great deal. It seems I am a great deal older than most of you, 65 in July and Im so glad I don't have to worry about going back to work, I retired in 2004. The weather here on Tues. was 72(Pinckney Mich) and today we have SNOW and 32.. Whats up with that. You ALL are in my thoughts and prayers and hope ypu have a good or better day than yesterday.( Don't know how to do the symbols yet but hugs to all) Bill's Wife
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2007, 08:25 AM

Bookah212 - So sorry you are feeling so badly today.

On the couch - thanks for your comments. They were very nice and brought a smile to my face.

Bill'swife - when you are typing your reply hit go advanced and then click on the symbol you want. It does not matter how old you are,we have all been through hysterectomies.

Has anyone noticed how many hits our week has versus everyone elses. I would say we really do have a terrific group and I am so thankful to have found this website and be part of this group.
Unread 03-15-2007, 08:50 AM

The weather here just *****. 2 days in the high 60 and today in the 30 and snow. I need to move south. Well today I am feeling good. I am going to meet my DH for lunch. Then going to see my bestfriend. I have made dinner all week but today I am not cooking. I have cleaned the house so I think tomorrow I will rest but I hate just sitting around doing nothing. I think I will be going back to work in the next few weeks so I am going to try and get things done around here cause there will be weeks will I will be working 7 days a week. I now wish I would of did this in may when it was warmer. Well all you sisters have a great day bye!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2007, 09:24 AM

80 something and beautiful today!!! Soooooooooo muchto post. After feeling craptacular ( I LOVE that word!! haha) yesterday, I followed my irrational way of thinking and. drumroll please... I opened up the playground last night!!! I can't believe I did that, but I did and guess what!!?!?! It wasn't so bad! DH was very sweet and bless his heart it's been sooooo long for him. I did have some minor discomfort and pain, but it didn't last. no big O for me, but overall it was just fine. Just thought I'd share!! haha
After that last night, I was kind of on a high from it, so I decided that I would wake up this morning and have DH drive me and the 2 youngest to drop DD off at mothers morning out, then take DS with us to the grocery store... my first time since before surgery. The kids didn't wake up until after 8:30- and school is at 9! So Betty got here and we left DS with her thinking we'd drop Bella off and come back to pick him up and go to the grocery store. Didn't happen, though. I knew time was not on my side so we went straight to harris teeter for some supplies! My dear friend (the other one from the park fiasco yesterday) was there! As I was miserably walking down the aisle- tears running down my face I noticed someone looking at me and realised it was Linde! She is adorable and pregnant right now and looked so sad but amused!! haha i'm sure I was a sight. so we chatted for a awhile and moved on to finish. It got the point where I was hurting sooo much I had to leave! We wound up with barely anything in the cart, but that's OK! At least I got the chicken I need to make a real supper tonight. Making fried chicken, green beans, rice and some stewed tomatos and okra. YUM. DH is so excited he can hardly wait to get home!!! He's in a much better mood and soooo much more attentive since last night. haha Gee I wonder why!!?? Came home, played with DS a short while before Betty literally MADE me take a pill and go lay down. Popped my vicodin and now the pain is receding. It truly amazes me how doing so little can hurt so badly.. and then how quickly the pain can go away ocne I'm back on the couch. I'm getting so frustrated!! GRRRR
So anyway- today is a gorgeous day and I'm going to go sit out bythe pool and read a while. Maybe I'll even get some color on my pasty self!
hope everyone is feeling well today. Kappel hope your appt. went well and you got the pass to play!!
Unread 03-15-2007, 11:22 AM

Everything is fine. My husband's first words were when I called him were, "Just tell me if she released you!" I'll be going to work Monday, half days. So glad for that. Anyway, I have to go. I'll talk more later.
Unread 03-15-2007, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappel
Everything is fine. My husband's first words were when I called him were, "Just tell me if she released you!" I'll be going to work Monday, half days. So glad for that. Anyway, I have to go. I'll talk more later.
We're the same time out from surgery, are you happy to go back to work?
Unread 03-15-2007, 11:55 AM

Rodswife I cant do the smilies either without erasing all my post and I'm 45!!!
Unread 03-15-2007, 11:57 AM

oops made a mistake Billswife. Think there is a sister called Rodswife too. Bagpuss says hi!
Unread 03-15-2007, 12:03 PM

Not sure WHAT Those little pops would be poconowoman. If I were to guess (and that's all I could do) I'd say maybe little muscle knots or "equipment" in there settling in? If it doesn't hurt and doesn't seem to come with OTHER side effects I'd say just pay attention and see if it gets worse. And don't worry about posting negative things. This is a SUPPORT space... people who are positive may be looking for assurance that they're not doing too much... and others may also be hesitant to write negative stuff.... so jump on in there and whine, complain, and holler!!!! I'll give you my negatives for today... I was in my office and told I would be "moving" to a new cube. So I packed up my decorations and odds and ends from my desk and my upper back was KILLING ME!!!! I had to just lean back in my chair, put my feet up and breathe for a bit, and I came home early. And tomorrow, since we're expecting snow I"m not going in to work at all cause I can't plow, can't shovel and certainly can't clean ice and snow off my car! And my dizzy spells have been annoying me!!! Something as simple as blowdrying my hair and the room starts to spin... not fun!!! ( feel a bit less alone now? ) You're not alone in feeling your recovery isn't fast enough. My DP just commented to me this morning, "I know you don't feel like you're getting better, but you ARE you know.... you really ARE!" Guess I've been seeming a bit down about progress. My guess is unless I was up and able to kayak and hike and work full days and sing all night it just wouldn't be fast enough! But hang in there. Even at our own individual speeds we WILL all get there eventually! It isn't a race after all!
Unread 03-15-2007, 12:09 PM

There's so many of us on here right now I can't find the post I wanted to reply to but:

Bagpuss, just wanted to say my "retreat" with my chorus is a technical weekend working with a coach to prepare for our big competition. I'm singing with an a capella group right now and we're a show chorus so we do choreography and all... we fly in a coach to work with us Friday through Sunday pretty much non-stop. We work on only two songs for the entire weekend, perfecting stacking of chords, identical pronunciation of consonants and vowels... etc etc. Its fun but can also be VERY tiring and very intense. AND we're standing pretty much constantly. I've already put my voice out there in that I wont' be standing all day. Actually I haven't sung standing AT ALL since the surgery. And before the surgery, due to all the problems I was having, I maxed out at two hours anyway. But tonight I am doing a half hour worth of choreography and MAYBE a half hour standing while I sing. We'll see how it goes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register