Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 109 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

I've had chronic back pain for about 20 yrs now from low speed auto accidents. Meds never really helped just made me not care. Chriropractic care gave some relief, but not a lot the last few years. I learned to live with the pain. It had gotten worse the last few years. After my gall bladder was removed for stones in June 07, my lower back pain reduced by 1/3 and my sciatica pain went very low. I could have kissed my GYN who found them when he found all the other stuff. He told me I in March I would lose a lot of lower back pain after the hysterectomy because the uterus and bladder would not be pulling on my back anymore. Still waiting on that. That was what hurt in the hospital. I couldn't feel the incision pain over the back pain. The back pain is down to presurgery levels, so I can deal with it again.
Blood pressure is finally coming down to more normal levels. Guess that was one reason I've been so exhausted. Although I may take the diuretic before supper instead of after. I was up every 1-2 hours last night peeing. :run3: At least my bladder is now getting stretched. Gotta find the silver lining.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2007, 02:31 PM

Jennice, yes i still have a bigger belly than before, even in the a.m., but it's not as big as the first few weeks after surgery. It has 'calmed down' a bit.

I smiled at livestronggal in the ocean. I'd say your DH was right that the salt water was probably better than me spending 10 min. in a chlorinated pool. Hopefully it will stay okay.

I walked 2 laps. It's over 90 w/the heat index/humidity figured in and that pesky left chest pain is heavy in the heat so I came inside and feel just peachy keen right now. I'm obsessed w/walking, though. Maybe I will try again if and when it ever cools off. Take care everyone.

I definitely has a very very VERY light pink tinge to my pad today. Rats!

E.
55/TVH/CIN3/CIS clear path report
Unread 08-07-2007, 02:39 PM

It's been at least a week since I've read this thread, sorry ladies.
But I do have a question. Today I'm having these shooting pains through "there". It's like an electrical shock about every 15 mins or so. for the past two hours or so. Does anyone else have this type of thing?
As far as the back pain, YES!! omg, it hurts horribly. Especially in one spot and I think thats where they put the spinal......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2007, 02:57 PM

How about I just finished walking despite the heat advisory. I live in a towhouse community so I just mainly walked up/down the sidewalk about 30 times and a little around the cul de sac around the corner. It is a couple of trees on the sidewalk though. I walked about 40 minutes and then water my shrubbery. I came in with just a little sweat between the twins (36D, TMI) and no where else. So far, I am still not sweating or getting too hot. I still drank a lot of water.
I don't know who started or what happened to the sister's chat. I can't find it today.
Unread 08-07-2007, 03:00 PM

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...1&goto=newpost

don't know if that will work.....
Unread 08-07-2007, 03:02 PM

Good afternoon -
Wow what a thread. I wrote in this morning and I read through several pages to catch up just now. I think it proves how important it is that we keep in touch because even though we may all have had different procedures and for different reasons, we can sympathize and care about one another where other people in our personal lives can't.

Sandlover - I saw your comment about finding other work and I have to share - it has crossed my mind as well. I think the slowed pace of time we have while we heal has also allowed us to think about things a little more deeply. Maybe you are ready for a change - although you have already made one big change that you are recovering from at the moment and you might want to get through all of this first. Perhaps the seed has been planted and over the several months, you might consider what other options there are for you.

Debbiefej - Happy Anniversary! - How many years? We are at 25 years and are celebrating in St. Lucia in December. (We are renewing our vows on the anniversary of our very first date!) I too had the abdominal hysterectomy and have my right ovary (minus the fallopian tube). The doctor left it in because it was healthy and would allow me to go through natural menopause.

Well it is time to start dinner. I will be back later. My computer has already flagged me to let me know that there are several new posts to this thread as I am typing.
Unread 08-07-2007, 03:09 PM

SaraJean,
I had shooting pain in there till about a week ago. It was a quick shooting pain. Didn't last but a minute. I don't know what surgery u had, but I had the LSH. My report said something about a vaginal sponge. I don't know if they went in the way they would during a pelvic or through the navel. It could also be the catherer. It is no telling what they do to us when we are sleep. They already strap you up like a baby in that bouncy thing.
Sara,
If is doesn't stop in the next couple of days, call the dr. I call mine every week with something. I felt bad, then realized they are responsible for us at least for 6 wks.
Unread 08-07-2007, 03:10 PM

Well, I am still getting the stomach clutching gas pains but not as frequently. I must have looked like hell today at work because my old admin, who was visiting from district was standing in the front office practically shouting "What are you doing here?" and she kept looking at out current admins saying "You need to send her home. Why aren't you sending her home?"
They looked like deer in headlights. I'm sure they were thinking "Uh, we're not sure anyone tells her what to do."
I had alot to do today to get ready for the kiddies (school starts tomorrow) but I did leave 2 hours early.

Now to survive tomorrow. So far I have only made it 1 full day
Unread 08-07-2007, 03:19 PM

Crunch, you are funny. I hope you feel a little better from your chillis episode. Deer in headlights.

Elefant,
I guess you can tell us about that name when you get around to it. Yeah, you are right. Teachers/professors can sneak in and out. I am a 12 mo employee, downtown. Some of the admin are 10 or 11 mths, but most of them are in the school. Please be careful. you were the one reminding us about heavy doors. I had never thought about that. I really luv u guys. We give great advice. Sometimes, you guys are better than the drs.
Unread 08-07-2007, 03:19 PM

Take care, Capt. Crunch. Can you get more medical time off? You sound like maybe it's needed. Thank goodness I just go in a few hours a day and f.t. doesn't start until 8/22 at my college. One lady who saw me today said i looked pretty good.......no big black bags under my eyes. What a laugh for me bec. i didn't think i was sleeping THAT well, but obviously i look okay to others. Hmmmmmmmmm. It's true that if you are the lady that 'no one tells what to do'.......then you have to take good care of yourself and stay aware of how the body is healing! Take it easy.

I found myself chugging water today at school and I was amazed bec. I am the queen of NOT drinking any water. I must have trained my body well to drink water when i got home from the castle.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow. You might be so tired you won't even be able to post after a full day of kids. What an early start! Here in MN school starts after Labor Day.........which is for the best, anyway, bec. Mpls is a mess w/the bridge out and State Fair also coming. So far we cope okay but they say when school starts and the U of MN opens it's gonna be a zoo out on the roads.

Again............I will be thinking of you tomorrow, Capt. Crunch!! Be good to yourself.

E.
TVH/CIN3/CIS/good path report/55

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register