Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 115 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipians446
Captain Crunch--congrats on getting through your first day back at school!!Mine will be on Friday (officially back to work, although no students until the 20th)

Good luck. Plan to go straight home from work and lay down. I need at least 2 hours and then I can manage the evening...today not so much. At dinner ds ran his finger down my spine being funny. I jerked forward and OUCH!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Melatonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAW1961
I had went onto a different thread to talk about not getting hardly any sleep. Cuz if i was getting around 3 hours of sleep a night i was lucky. Alot of the ladies are taking meletonin, it is 1 tiny pill just before you go to bed at night. And you know what it has been working for me. The past 2 nights i have been sleeping 5-51/2 hrs straight through. And that is amazing for me. And it is only about 5 dollars a bottle for about 100 pills. Thats 100 nights of good sleep for me.

I went to the Whole Foods Market today to buy a new supply of vitamins. I saw the Melatonin that you mentioned but I wanted to ask what brand did you buy? there were so many to choose from (drops, pills) and different milligrams too.
Unread 08-08-2007, 10:26 PM
TLH sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktucker88
Hi everyone, this is the first time I have sent a message following all of your messages has really helped me these past four weeks. I had total laparoscopic hysterectomy July 16. I am still very sore with some bleeding today. Is this normal? Other than feelings of sharp abdominal pains I feel pretty good. My first Dr. appt. is tomorrow, I will let you know how it went. Has anyone else noticed that others just don't understand why you still can't get around as easily. I start back to work Monday and I don't feel ready.
Hi Ktucker88-just read your post. I also had a TLH. everything came out through the navel which explains my swelly belly. I just had my 4 week post op visit today and it is perfectly normal to still have some bleeding and feelings of being sore. I hope your doctor's appt went well. I was cleared today for mostly everything. Stay in touch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2007, 10:32 PM

Is anyone who had a TAH still having lots of pain? I find myself taking a Loratab at least once during the day, (and definitely at night I take 1-2, plus a half of a Trazadone, but I don't sleep!) but the pain is still there. I know I'm a slow healer, but it's starting to drive me nuts!

I did manage to get dishes into the dishwasher though, and that was exciting. I just had to take a three hour nap before I could get it done!

Thanks!
Unread 08-08-2007, 10:39 PM
4 weeks post op

Today I saw my doctor for my 4 wk post op visit. He cleared me for mostly everything....except sex until 6 weeks. I still have some stitches that are healing/drying and that is what is causing the bleeding and discharge. He "cauterized" them while I was there. He said the swelly belly is normal and it should get better in time. Since i had a TLH everything was done through the navel, thus the swelly belly. But, I feel great! No menopausal symptoms other than occasional lack of sleep. Thanks to all of the sisters for their support during these last 4 weeks. As I get ready to head back to school (I teach) I will try to read your posts and update you as well, and continue our chats on the sisters chat.
Unread 08-08-2007, 11:01 PM

Phil446,
Great news for the post op appt. It seems so far, we are all blessed. I went for the 2wk post op and have the final one next Tuesday. The first was just looking at the 2 sites and telling me about the path report. He also said listen to your body in regards to cleaning, working around the house.
Phil446, He cautherized you in the office?

knittin,
You are new to the group. But I had the LSH which is less invasive, but all are major surgeries. I every now and then take a oxycodone. They constipate you and you have weird dreams and can't sleep. Have u tried advil, tylenol instead?
Unread 08-08-2007, 11:04 PM

yeah, right there in the office. I didnt look. I dont think I even know what that word means!!! I'm such a chicken. But I didnt cry. I cried at my last visit. I'm 40, but a big baby in many ways!!!!!!!! I kept telling him to "please hurry and finish"!!!!
Unread 08-08-2007, 11:19 PM

Yes, I try alternating Advil and Tylenol, but I still end up with a pain issue as the day moves on. I could be overdoing things too, with a preschooler running around, an overactive husband, and stressing about what I'm doing this school year. I'm supposed to be teaching on-line, but the school administrator hasn't told me what grades when we start or anything, so I'm getting very nervous!
Unread 08-09-2007, 01:42 AM

Good morning ladies

Just checking in...can't move outside the villa, its 55 degrees today and 90% humidity. Wow, hot for even here!

Knittinmanatee, I had a TAH on 10th and am still in pain most days. I think I have had 2 pain free days in total, obviously some days much easier than others as I have a tendency to overdo it and then end up in lots of pain. My swelly belly is huge and very tender still, but I think this is pretty much normal.

I am taking Volatrin and Ibruprofen and find they both ease it without the dreaded constipation.

Mimi, how did your 2nd post op check go? Have you been cleared for driving yet?

What dates are you ladies who had surgery around 9/10th July going back to work? Are you taking part time options?

I am currently due back on 21st August and will not be able to ease back into it, I work for an Investment Bank so its high pressure...7am to 8pm most evenings without a lunch break and then working from Blackberry at home. Ugh!! I just cannot imagine going back yet, am in too much pain and too tired. Am I being pathetic??

Take care all of you and happy Thursday

Hugs
Unread 08-09-2007, 02:26 AM

I went for my 4 week check-up today...and i was cleared for everything....even sex...the beach..anything i feel like doing. My Dr. said he had never seen anyone heal as well as I have. The past 2 weeks have bene amazing as far as my progress goes. I was in the hospital a full week, still couldn't walk without assistance and was sent home from the hospital with a walker..used that for a week or so...and have just took it easy...easing myself back into doign stuff like loading and unloading the dishwasher, etc. I have had no discharge since about 3 days after my surgery....no real bad pain...swelling in my belly is completely gone....Ladies, I am simply amazed at how much better i feel now 4 weeks after my surgery than I did 4 weeks before it. It's changed my whole outlook on life. So far, no HRT....but I'm doing ok with that as well. Honestly...I actually feel well and joyful at this point. I do have some deep inner pain if i bump my tummy or something like that..but I believe that is to be expected.
I had my first real outing this past weekend...hubby and me had our 3 month old grandbaby for the day and took him out for a bit. I did great...and feel even better now.
My thoughts are with all of you who are recovering and hope you are all feeling lots better really soon.
Carla

PS. Havent tried sex yet...the dr said the key is easing back in to things as I feel I am able to do them.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register