Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 17 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

I am a little lost. I think that my dr. was great, but I don't understand how everyone is talking about what was removed and how long the surgery. After surgery, when I was in recovery the dr talked to my family and told them he did end up having to take the right ovary and there was no endo (thank God). They explained that he was very gentle and pretty much explained that I will feel alot better and shouldn't be in pain at such a young age. He said that surgery went well and did they have any questions. It was good to hear what they said, but I want to talk to doc myself since all of them have different stories.
He did talk to me briefly that afternoon when he stopped in to see me and told me he had to take the ovary and gave my sis the picture and would give me the video the next morning. The next morning he came in again and told me no ruffage, no beef and no pizza. No x for 6 wks, no baths for 4. Other than that, he would see me in 2 wks with the path report, but he still suspects adeno even after the MRI. He also said bowels looked fine. I just want to know more like you guys. How long was the surgery, any adhesions, was uterus tilted, attached, etc? Did you drs. tell u this already? I was too drugged up and I figured I would wait for the post op when he and I are more relaxed. Did I do the right thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2007, 02:07 PM

Hey Jennice, I guess since mine was uneventful, I don' know a lot either...other than the uterus is gone and the ovaries and cervix are still there!. I did ask him how big everything was and he said melon I think...or was that cantelope? One is bigger than the other and obviously I didn't do a very good job of remembering. He had told me in the office about 6 weeks before surgery the fibroid was lemon size.. so I don't know if my uterus was the cantelope or the fibroid had now grown that big. The only reason I know how long it was is because Dr. had told us that the removal of the uterus was the teedy slow part....since it is sort of sliced and vacummed out the little tube... So Hubby was expecting 3 or more hours and was surprised to see the Dr. in a little over 2 hours saying it was done and it went very well.
I guess thing to do now is to think about all the things we want to ask the Dr. write them down and bring the questions to the post op exam. You probably thought of all this already!

Eileen
LSH for Fibroids one big ..others smaller inside and outside uterus
45 yrs old
kept ovaries and cervix
swelly belly starting to shrink --trying not to eat the chocolate somebody brought for me.....
How do you put all those cute faces into your replies....I'm usually pretty good at this but I can't seem to figure it out ??
Unread 07-17-2007, 02:13 PM
Walking to the OR? WOW

What an amazing tale, livestrong. I almost wish I could have experienced it. I didn't like being 'put to sleep' in the holding tank.

I asked the doctor myself, the surgeon himself, how long he operated and if he took 'anything extra' and asked him if he 'found anything' and he said as I told you you must wait two weeks for the path reports so make sure you make the appt. to see me then.

Thus, I'm sitting on my pins and needles until 7/25 when I go in and sit for my report w/him! I guess I'm lucky in a sense .. my OB is also my surgeon.....it sounds like some of the sisters here have two different people they are dealing with.

Now, if I could just get my OB to be my GP........then life would be so uncomplicated.......but my OB is retiring in September, so this is totally the last hurrah for us... from cerclage/meeting 15 years ago to the hysterectomy last week to his retirement. Nice timing!

Later, hystersisters.............sending hugs to you all....E.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2007, 03:18 PM

Elefante64, Sounds like your guy is just following the rules of CYA (Covering his *****). Did he talk to you beforehand about what he was going to do? Mine was a pretty clear cut case. I had an MRI so that he could see just exactly what was happening and he said my ovaries were fine. No bad Paps so the cervix could stay too. The only question was whether he was going to be able to do the surgery lapro or if after he got in there it was too big and he had to do a TAH. Hang in there and keep talking on this site.
Unread 07-17-2007, 03:47 PM

Hi everyone! Home from the castle and felling very well!!!! My TAH was on the 9th and was released on the 11th. Today I had my post op app. and my Dr. told me everything looks great. I haven't felt as much pain as I did with my myomectomy. The Dr. said that it's probably because many of those nerves had died in the 1st surgery. I've even been able to sleep on my stomach and I couldn't do that during the 1st surgery. I've also been taking it easy and taking frequent naps. I hope you're all doing great. Let me know if any of you have any questions or if I can helpmin any way.
Unread 07-17-2007, 03:51 PM
pathology Report

One of the things I had was a growing neoplasm on my right ovary. I also had endro and adenomyosis twisted tubes along with a blocked simoide colon. My question is how long does the path report take???? She told me on my 4th day in the hospital that it all was benign. Is that normally that quick to find out? I just want to be prepared for the other shoe to drop.
Unread 07-17-2007, 03:54 PM

hi all. had lavh (Kept right ovary) on july 11. went home july 13th. i could have gone home on the 12th, but my blood pressure was so low from morphine pca. i couldn't tolerate that strong stuff! i felt too weak and stayed an extra night. any way, doing great. i have not needed 1 pain pill. gas a problem, but beginning to resolve. this was so much easier than my previous 2 c-sections!!! i am so glad i did it! i see my doc next week and am hoping to go back to work asap. i know i don't need to overdue it, so i am resting alot and drinking h20. hoope everyone is well. sandy
Unread 07-17-2007, 04:05 PM
livestronggal

No, I think my OB is pretty up front. He told me I could even get other opinions before my LEEP. He is fairly well respected within the group plan I have. He just has a different sense of humor/comes from another culture. If it were not for him teaching me about the warning signs of prelabor/noticing my unusual cervix, I wouldn't have ever had my teen. I just wanted to try and say in the email that he was clear and direct and that he answered all my questions whenever I had them and that it wasn't a third party that reported what happened during the operation or if there were any changes on what he intended to do. He even said he couldn't promise TVH over TAH and I had to sign for both but he was able to do the TVH. Sorry if I made it sound strange or something when I did the post.

Good rest of the evening to you all. E
Unread 07-17-2007, 04:06 PM

Sounds like everyone did great!! I wish I SO LUCKY.
TAH onJuly 9, Just got home yestereday on July 16 . I Had ademo and so match scar tissue that I had damage to my bladder during surgery.. I had bladder surgery on Jul 10 and July 12. Ive been put through the wringer and back around again.
I'm trying to stay positive and hope everything heals good.
I was sent home with a cathador to help the bladder heal. I am hoping that when I go back on Monday and have the cat scan, I have no bladder leakage and will have the cathador removed, I am swollen a bit and sore, pains meds are great in this case. I take a pain pill every 4hours. I get up and walk abit and than just relax.I am hanging around in my silk gown feeling like a princess, but Jes, this cathador is driving me crazy. All I can do is be strong and think positive. They are sending over a home visit nurse to check on me. I hope no one else had to go through what I did.

Take care and GOD BLESS TO ALL MY SISTER'S !!He is the one that kept me strong last week.

Unread 07-17-2007, 04:54 PM

Hi Ladies,
I had my hysterectomy done laparscopically on 7/9/07, i had alot of adhesions surrounding my bladder and bowel....I have done fairly well so far and pain hasnt been unmanagebale until last night for some reason....I had the whole gas pain thing in the shoulders and belly last week weds-sat and now starting last night I am having very bad pains in my intesitines...i have been taking the stool softeners and have had ok results with going to the bathroom, but it hurts so bad to go, like deep intestinal pain (best way I can desrcribe it is labor pains but not between the legs) higher up in the abdomen....I have been taking gas x but they are not helping this pain...I called the Doctor today and the nurse said that it is not uncommon with this procedure...says it can last 2-4 weeks. I am just wondering of anyone else has experienced this and what they did to relieve the pain...if it werent for this pian i would not need any pain meds I feel that good otherwise,,,,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register