Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 48 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-24-2007, 09:48 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

I'm in Ohio too. Last night was the first night I didn't have to get up either to go pee. I had my surgery on July 13, Abdm. Hysterectomy. Two big fibroids, one the size of a grapefruit outside my uterus and one the size of a fist filling my whole uterus. But after all I've read from others, mine wasn't so bad. I've read some women had them the size of a football. I had my cervix removed but was able to keep my ovaries.
I've been nauseated the whole time though. Not bad enough to not want to eat, but annoying.
I was off the pain meds around day 5. I think I've been pretty lucky. Now I'm just afraid I may have done too much. I think I lifted a little more than I should have the first week. BUt I feel fine, so it is probably o.k. Yes, we have been having great weather here in Ohio. It has finally rained last week and I think today (haven't been out yet) and we needed the rain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2007, 09:55 AM

I'm from Minnesota, where it is very hot/humid/air advisory thru Thursday. I did four 1/2 mi. laps this a.m. and am wishing to go out again but waiting for bro. in law to call! Frustrating! He has been ill and so I have to wait for the call. Sigh. I 'need' to walk my ten laps each day. When DD wakes up (teens!) I can have her field the call/tell him I'm doing a few slow laps in the humid heat...........I try to go super early and later in the day, but time's awastin' for me today. Today I'm in a foul mood and since this is chatsville for we who had surgery July 9 onward..... i was reading my paper and shock of shocks someone I helped hire into a great job in 1986 was charged w/child molestation and I'm in tears over it, not believing it. I'm just absolutely in shock. He's in jail for a half million dollars bail, so can't help out there, but it's unbelievable that someone you think you know, think you trust, everything, can do something so evil...or at least be charged w/it. I always believe little kids. I don't think little kids can make up stuff. Really. But it's a sad day. Well, maybe it happened to take my mind off my path report appt. tomorrow. Big sigh. Well, hope all you ladies are healing nicely. I saw a reference to this website in an article I read about hysterectomy in Women's Day I think it was ... the magazine. I think there is even a reference to it on the main page of this website. Some day soon I will upgrade and give a little of what little i've got to the wonderful souls who started this website and keep it going for us. I feel pretty lonely right now, which is weird, bec. I am truly surrounded by lots of family/friends, but right now it's just me and the keyboard and all of you so..............thanks for 'listening'.............E.

My students are always amazed at how we 'spill the beans' to strangers sometimes...like my talking here about this sad day........it's too hard to keep things inside. Everyone will think, 'what's wrong w/THAT lady; why is she so sad?' Well, if I write it here maybe some of the sadness will dissipate. I don't even know how to TALK about it w/people/family/friends here that I know. What a day it's going to be, all over the news............oy. Again, thanks for listening. I guess this posting place was here exactly when I needed it. Off I go. E.
Unread 07-24-2007, 10:25 AM

You"re funny, elephan. Well, I was 5'2, 145. Before surgery, was 150lbs. Who knows, now? I wear a size 10 and love it. I have been a 10 more than a 12. I was a 12 for a few years during my marriage. Let's all support each other. I am so afraid of the hysterectomy, blow up that I know most women get..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2007, 11:52 AM

i had the same feeling as yourself. i had mine on the 9th. and just this week i am getting my appetite back. i was worried as well but i understand this is normal. hang in there!!
Unread 07-24-2007, 11:55 AM
2 weeks post op

Hi Everyone,
I had a TAH on July 11th and am happy to report am doing quite well. My GYN released me to drive last week, but can't return to work for another 4 weeks.. Which is fine, since if I do too much one day, I am resting the next. I no longer have pain (pelvic or back) and lost 10 pounds since my surgery which was a plus, but I do find myself a bit crabby and short tempered in the last couple of days. I have had mild hot flashes and headaches daily since surgery. I thought since I was able to keep one ovary, I would go through any of these hormonal changes.. They are mild, but very noticable.

Has anyone else had the same?

I can already tell that having surgery was the right choice for me and am looking forward to feeling even better in a few weeks...

Thanks for all the support!!

Leslie/Ladybugging in Land O' Lakes
Unread 07-24-2007, 12:11 PM

Ladybugging,
I am on day 12 myself. I had a LSH and was released to drive 7-10 days later. I have only gone to the store day 9 around the corner. Most of the time, I am either home or on short trips as a passenger. If I walk too much, I get pain in the right side (where the ovary was taken). I cried about it and wanted to keep it, but I don't have that pain anymore. I haven't experienced any of what you are talking about. Just as cold and chilly as ever. My dr. said one ovary compensates for 2 like a lung/kidney. I did research and we will still ovulate every month just on that one side instead of alternating. If you have been snippy you might be pmsing (without the period). That will still happen, I understand. I go for my first post-op on Friday and have a few ? for him. I can't wait to get on the scale. I have def lost inches if not lbs. I do still have a little swelly belly, but can suck it in now. My belly wasn't flat anyway at a Size 10.
Unread 07-24-2007, 12:17 PM

Hey Ladies just to say I was at my 6 week check up yesterday and I have lost over 20lbs .. I am a curvey girl so its great to see the curves again and not the swollen look like I have had the last 6 years.. all I have is swelling from the healing that I am going through.. I am so happy and I congradulate the woman who feel size matters when it comes to losing then weight.. I have allot of muscle and I will never get away from it .. but as for the size I a dropping still ..

Take care every one and keep up the great healing

GEMBC69
Unread 07-24-2007, 12:19 PM

Kudos to you on your health and weight loss. I have not lost an ounce; in fact, I seem to gain weight just breathing the air. And I am walking 10,000 steps a day doing laps here where I live. And I do NOT eat a lot of food. And my thyroid is 'over' active. Go figure. Again, it's wonderful to hear how many of the ladies post op are doing so great, feeling strong, and lookin' good. Congrats to you all. E.
Unread 07-24-2007, 12:19 PM

Thats great GEM. Way to go, girl. I hoping to see the same. I don't want to drop too much though, then people will think I am on crack....LOL. I am proud of you. And they say you gain weight after a hysterectomy.
Gem, what surgery did u have?
Unread 07-24-2007, 12:25 PM

elephan,

You may be overdoing it. Did u read the article about swelly belly? It says exercise may make it worse and standing on your feet too much. It is just part of the healing. I mean, no matter what surgery we had (me LSH) they still went into the heart of our bodies. It will take a few wks or may a month or 2 for it to return just like having a baby. Slow down, elephan. It will happen. I bought some vitamin c & e and just gonna wait it out. My belly is coming down daily. I have been icing too with those freeze packs. Anyone else icing without their drs. consent?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register