Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 82 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-01-2007, 03:15 PM
Insomnia & Confusion

Hi everyone...

I am 3 weeks post-op as of today. I have two complaints/concerns and am looking for suggestions and advise.

#1 - Insomnia...I cannot seem to fall asleep at night. I stay up almost every night until at least 2:00 AM...sometimes 3:00 or 4:00. My doctor gave me Ambien CR, but it is NOT working. It's not a problem right now because I can sleep late or take naps during the day, but I've got to get back to a normal sleeping routine before I go back to work.

#2 - Confusion...want I am thinking is NOT what is coming out of my mouth. I think one thing and then say something else. I am hoping that it is one of the side effects of the anethesia. It is SO frustrating. Somehow I need to "sync" my mouth with my brain. (Even now, as I type this message, I keep hitting the delete button to correct my thoughts.)

Other than those two issues, I feel pretty good. I'm driving, walking, and mostly painfree. My lower back does bother me from time to time. It does hurt inside with I go to the bathroom...but I assume that's part of the healing process. (I'm keeping a close eye on it.)

I wish everyone continued recovery that is fast and as pain free as possible.

Remember the three "R's"...rest, relax, recover!

B
TAH/LSO: 07/11/07 43 years old
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2007, 03:21 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Betsy, I think that it is a combination of the pain pills & anesthesia. I personally don't think that anesthesia stays in the body more than a couple of wks. Maybe more/less depending on your water intake. I hate water, but drink pitchers (the hospital pitcher) every day. So that is a switch for me. U will be fine. I am almost completely painfree (3 wks tomorrow), but feel itchy down there (TMI) Anyone else itchy? I mite have to start a new thread if my girls here are not on today
Unread 08-01-2007, 03:23 PM

Thanks\Law, My dr. called in one diflucan for me too. I hope it does the trick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2007, 03:38 PM

Jennice41
Sometimes I get a little itchy there. Not a lot lately though. My problem has been the incision itching, which I just realized ........it's not doing it yet today! Just came from Wally World. Now I'm pooped. And I was a good girl and used the electric cart. No matter how I try to plan my route, I wind up having to go back and forth 3 or 4 times. Had my 8 yr old with me, but that's not necessarily a help. I hate these super stores.
Unread 08-01-2007, 03:44 PM

E ~ LOL, no I didn't jump in...Putting that on hold til next summer for sure!!!

I also was rolled into the operating room awake...looked just like on the TV shows,LOL, ALOT of doctors etc., already with masks and gloves on, quickly everyone had a job to do and I helped myself to another bed (like a board thing)everyone had a job to do head to toe, I do remember them stretching out both my arms but don't know if they strapped them down or not, seemed like everyone was doing something and I remember the anestesiologist quickly appeared over me so I forgot about the rest and said I was going to get very sleepy FAST cause they were putting something in my IV, I didn't even know one of the people had already put an IV in they were all doing so much so quick, I remember trying to talk and say I'm not sleepy enough and thought no one was listening and that's all she wrote zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzLOL I didn't even see the mask coming at me LOL!

But the room was allllll white and lots of stainless and those huge overhead lights hanging down, it was very cold, and lots and lots of doctors etc, no one was really talking to eachother just everyone had their thing to do...I suppose they save that for after your out........Can you just imagine the conversation

Anyway, had a great day at the pool, boy it was a hot one today, dh and I are getting ready to cook out ribs, I still have my wet suit on feel pretty cool for now...actually chilly in the house at the moment but had to jump on here and see how my girls are today

Heading back out BURRRRRRRRR LOL
Unread 08-01-2007, 03:52 PM

Jennice -
I'm up north in PA - what is Wally World? Is it a wholesale club? Are the electric carts available right at the store?
Unread 08-01-2007, 04:10 PM

relief, you said me but meant crossroads.
I want to know what wally world is too. I thought that was were Chevy Chase took his family \. You know like disneyworld.........smile.

Crossroads,
Did u get my post about the ice gels on the incision. I just have 2 tiny incisions on each side though, but give it a shot. I also use neosphorin on them to relieve the itch.
Unread 08-01-2007, 04:12 PM

Sorry about that. Brain fog I guess.
Unread 08-01-2007, 04:24 PM

Well just got back from the doctor for the third time since surgery. Still have infection under incision and now have a bladder infection. But I can now drive! I am soooo glad. I ask her about the pain when I go and she said that because of the trouble she had getting uterus out she is not suprised. The doctor said to be patient on the healing time and if I was still having the pain after the incision was healed more that she would be concerned but for now to chill because "It has only been three weeks, have patience." I have not had any problem with not being able to sleep since the week after, but I think that is because my aunt came to stay with me afterwards (I live alone) and she is so not a night owl... she kind of got me sleeping at night. Plus the pain pills knocking my tail out that first few days home helped. You guys are great a great big to you all. Heres hoping everyone heals well and fast.
Unread 08-01-2007, 04:32 PM

Wally World is slang for Walmart. And yes, they have electric carts right at the store.
Hadn't tried the ice on the incision yet cause last night I discovered I had forgotten to put my gel pack in the freezer last time I used it. Today it hadn't itched yet yet. Hey! Maybe it does work. Put it in the freezer, and it magically draws the itch away.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register