Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 89 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-02-2007, 09:48 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

E,
Glad Junior is ok. But I think I'd kill DD for letting me worry for 7 more hours. I know your going to have to get creative on getting across town now. My heart goes out to you folks up there particularly those who were or had loved ones on the bridge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2007, 09:56 AM

DD has already caused enough mischief, including stealing a percocet or two. Long story you don't want to know. BE CAREFUL SaraJean. I just went to Target and made DD (14) push the cart most of the way and totally carry the two bags. And I 'made her' do the garbage bin/recycling last nite. I can't imagine being at work right now, either. It's gonna kill me even on Aug. 22 when I report back.........plus I have an all day training on Aug. 15 so we will see how it goes. I'll be 6.5 weeks when I report back. I am going to find some kind of cart to drag my papers/books around in. I usually carry them all in my arms and in a huge bag I sling on my shoulders. To tell you the truth, my PURSE is dragging me down right now, LOL.

I still need to walk 6 laps today and try to get back to granddaughter's daycare and to her house in the hood/my house. It's tough. Teen finally saw 'oh, THAT bridge' as we made our way to dentist and back to daycare across another river bridge. Some bridges are open, but downtown is a MESS of traffic. There are lots of control officers. I thought I found one nice shortcut over a bridge by the U of MN, but drats, highway patrol had it cut off. Probably bec. it's too close to the other one (the one that used to be, so i shouldn't even refer to it as 'the other one')......and gawking would mess everything up. Traffic wasn't so bad now but i can't imagine what it will be like rush hour. I drove over my teen's dreaded suspension bridge where she always asked daily, 'mom, what if the bridge falls?' and it creeped her out but not me. I think I trust the suspension more than the one that fell. What a sad day. And some people trapped in the river... they can't move them right away because it's also a 'crime scene' bec. no one knows why it all happened. I cannot imagine the pain. We are all in pain. It's sad.

Thanks, Law, for reminding me it's okay to talk about this, but I know everyone else has stuff, too. And I teach ESL and hear horrific stories so often from my students. This one hits home. I keep imagining my older kid and grandkid and how they went over it 'early' last night and how thank heavens they weren't on their 'regular time' because that's when it fell. It's hard to not think. DT is more sensible: 'stop thinking about that, mom,' she said. She is right, I think.

A good rest of this day. Off I go to drink a BUNCH of water and to try and walk some more laps. It has cooled off and the sun is shining down on us during this horrific drought but at least it's not super humid today.

E.

CIN3/CIS clean path TVH
Unread 08-02-2007, 10:00 AM

Sara, I agree with Jennice41. Make them lift. I know it's hard cause you're used to doing everything yourself. It's been a struggle for me. I've spent 30 yrs proving I could work like a man & now my body has betrayed me. I asked dr at my 2 wk visit when I could start cutting firewood again. I figure when he says I can do it, I can do a bunch of other heavy work I need to do around here. He laughed & said not before October. He said give him time to heal me up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2007, 10:03 AM

My baby boy, oh sorry, (DS) is going to the grocery story for me. I am 3 wk post op today and was goin with him, but he is going it alone. This is his second time. I am surely going to miss him when he goes back to college (2nd yr). His summer job just ended as a tutor and now he only works his PT in the evening 4 days a wk, so he is home with me in the day. When I return to work, he will drive me as I walk 7 blks to/from. Who knows, I may be able to do it.
Unread 08-02-2007, 10:18 AM

SaraJean
I am three weeks post op this Friday and I was thinking about going back to work already, desk job. I'm glad to hear your story (not that I'm happy you had to experience going back to work too early). I feel guilty because I am able to do things at home, so I feel I should be at work. But being at work is different because it is all day sitting at desk and getting up and down. I went in for a few hours on Tuesday and will go in a few days next week just half days. I feel better with that decision since hearing about your experience. Thanks.
Unread 08-02-2007, 10:35 AM

E, I can actually relate to DT's fears. When I was growing up in the '60s (I'm 47), the Silver Bridge collapsed in in '67. The news showed footage of another bridge collapsing. I think it was the Tacoma-Narrows bridge (Galloping Gertie). After that, I was afraid to go over any bridge that was more than 20 ft off the water. And I lived close to the Ohio River. We did a lot of shopping in WVA. When I got a job in WVA, I had to go across the New Martinsville bridge to go to work. Always white-knuckled it. Then one day Mom & I were going across the bridge in my '69 Fleetwood Cadillac with power windows & she looks over the edge and says, " you know, if you wreck and went off the bridge into the water, You wouldn't be able to get out, cause the water would short out the power and you couldn't get the windows down." Thanks Mom! After that I drove across the bridge with my windows down, whether it was 90 degrees or 10 degrees. When I was stationed in Blytheville,Ar, I'd hyperventilate driving across the Mississippi River. It was when I drove truck with DH In my 30s that I decided I needed to face my fears. Still don't like bridges, but deal with them better. Just don't look down. Can't handle the high five in Dallas though.
Unread 08-02-2007, 10:55 AM

I always keep windows down going over bridges...well, not in winter, but i'm on 'alert mode'........they are saying 30 people are missing in cars under the water. My heart feels so sad about it. Later...........just finished four more laps and DD teen wants to eat something............we need to brainstorm on lunch! E.
TVH/CIN3/CIS clear path report
Unread 08-02-2007, 11:10 AM

Sunny

It sounds like we had similar surgeries. TAH with an extra 90 minutesof cutting to get through adhesions. I cannot imagine what I would feel like if I went to the mall.....no matter how slow I walked. I go out every other day to the market, restaurant or whatever, but I am dropped at the door and immediately sit down. I think you might be doing too much but thats from myshoes. I think your body is telling you to settle down.
Unread 08-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Back from Dr

I walked in and cried during the entire visit. He did a vag exam which frightened me but it was not to painful. Just uncomfortable. I do have a vaginal cuff infection. They did a urine sample too but I left before finding out. He put me on an antibiotic so it should take care of both

I am going to go for a short walk and clear my head.

They said with the emotional part...it is probably just the adjustment period. I will call if it gets worse

Thanks for the support!
Simply Me
Unread 08-02-2007, 11:18 AM

Simplyme,
I went through the emotional time also.. just a day or so and it is a huge adjustment.. all with what your body is going through.. for sure its all emotions rolled into one that makes you cry at anything and everything.. perfectly normal .. I have both my ovaries and that is it.. so yes I am finding out how things are starting to work and I at least know what is going on Now and can control it all.. Your doing good and keep up the healthy healing take it slow and take care of you

GEMBC69

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register